UB: Teferi Teachings Revival

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am trying to give Dralnu De Louvre deck a little refresher since I have been out of the game some time now and this is what I have come up with:

Not entirely sure if I have all the right cards for each category and that is why I brought it here for the smart players here on the board. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I'm not a fan of running sorcery-speed mass-removal in a deck like this. Mystical Teachings won't fetch those, and I'd rather be able to fetch my removal with Teachings than just hope I draw it. In my U/B control deck, I run a handful of Tolaria West to fetch any land I need, a single Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth (which you already have), and a playset of Tendrils of Corruption. It's fun having removal that I can easily tutor for and that earns me chunks of 6-10 health whenever I blast an opponent's creature with it. Tolaria West would also let you find your fun legendary lands as needed.

I personally run Arcanis the Omnipotent and a handful of Aeon Chroniclers alongside my Teferi, but I like your creature base as well.

But yeah... for a Teachings deck, you seem short on Teachings targets.  

Bro, do you even Autocard?

Autocarding: [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Showing somebody how to autocard: [c[b][/b]]Cryptic Command[/c] = [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

I'm not a fan of running sorcery-speed mass-removal in a deck like this. Mystical Teachings won't fetch those, and I'd rather be able to fetch my removal with Teachings than just hope I draw it. In my U/B control deck, I run a handful of Tolaria West to fetch any land I need, a single Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth (which you already have), and a playset of Tendrils of Corruption. It's fun having removal that I can easily tutor for and that earns me chunks of 6-10 health whenever I blast an opponent's creature with it. Tolaria West would also let you find your fun legendary lands as needed.

I personally run Arcanis the Omnipotent and a handful of Aeon Chroniclers alongside my Teferi, but I like your creature base as well.

Pretty much this.
My trade thread http://community.wizards.com/marketplace/go/thread/view/94957/22369033?sdb=1&post_num=1#389455421

I agree with you completely on the socerery speed removal. When I ran this deck years ago, I had the Sudden Death and the Tendrils of Corruption's that you mentioned, but it was hard with the quicker aggro decks. I also ran the playset of Desert's too. I will reconsider the mass removal. I also had the Aeon Chronicler in there where the Wurmcoil Engine is, but I opted for the Wurm instead. I figured I had enought draw from Ancestral Vision, Jace, the Mind Sculptor, and possibly Cryptic Command; plus the thinning of the Fetchlands and Mystical Teachings

Maybe:

-2 Damnation
-1 Black Sun's Zenith
+3 Tendrils of Corruption

-3 Lan
+1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
+2 Tolaria West

What do you think?

Sign In to post comments