DM's, Where will you take the story

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
So after this adventure is over and you plan to continue adventuring in Neverwinter, in what direction will you take it?

Look for the crown?
Deal with the Aboleths?
Find the lost dwarven city?

which (of the many) plot hooks in the campaign will you follow up on?

I ask because I plan to run this adventure at home, and then continue adventuring in NW after its done and I want ideas.

So many hooks, so little time.

I plan to set multiple plotlines into motion, some intersecting with others, and see which ones the players follow. The overall theme of my campaign will be a "balance of power" between the *known* factions. Should one faction gain too much power the other factions will consider forming normally unthinkable -- but temporary -- alliances in attempt to counter it. I expect the characters to be played as pawns until they realize they are powerful enough to be their own faction. . .at which point the game should change dramatically. It will be almost a "cold war" with brief outbursts of intense but localized fighting that commonly end in a quiet victory, hasty retreat, or a surprise betrayal.

That said, there is another, hidden faction that is cleverly manipulating all of the other factions to constantly be at each other's throat while it secretly advances its own agendas. This faction is vulnerable to direct attack so it must remain in the shadows weaving its web of intrigue until ready to act and its enemies are weak and distracted; and, no, it is not Drow.  
This faction is vulnerable to direct attack so it must remain in the shadows weaving its web of intrigue until ready to act and its enemies are weak and distracted; and, no, it is not Drow.

A brilliant option, let's hope your players enjoy it.