Drow hexblade (fey pact of winter)

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi I'm making a lvl 5 drow hexblade with fey pact and am having trouble deciding on my 3rd feat. So far i have lightblade expertise and superior reflexes. What would be the most optimal feat for me?
An implement expertise feat of some kind (either Wand or Rod, depending on which you use) will make Eldritch Shard your daily powers more accurate, so you might consider that.
why have two expertises? stick with just rod expertise, unless you really want that CA damage bonus. Even then, you might as well get a straight damage boost first - I like Silvery Glow. Superior implement proficiency is another option.

You've got that the wrong way round.  Accuracy should be the first consideration, damage later.  You don't do damage at all (dailies aside) if you don't hit.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
sorry, i meant get the always-on damage bonus before the conditional damage bonus from light weapon expertise.

I'd go:
1: rod expertise
2: superior implement proficiency - accurate rod
4: silvery glow 
Depends on the attack powers.  Light Blade Expertise > Rod Expertise on a striker in general.  Why not get bonus damage with your Expertise, if it applies to all your powers?  But with a Hexblade that's potentially a big if.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Personally I appreciate having a decent RBA to fall back on, plus there are some nice burst and blast powers available, but I guess it's a question of the OP's playstyle.
Theyre ALL WRONG :O LOL kidding...

I have a level 6 fey hexblade...so here are my 2 cents.

1. Rod Expertise (that extra 1 AC will help in the long run especially with your low HP)
2. White Lotus Ripost (will deal more damage than silvery glow for now...especially since you WILL get hit)
3. Need accuracy? Go for Superior Implements.....Need more defense? Get White Lotus Def...because a total of +3 AC (2 from your MBA and 1 from WLD) is awesome everyround against your target.....Is your DM a debuff punk? Go for Superior Will...because save throws at the beginning of your turn will save you alot of frustration.

*I also went with Superior Reflex as you did...but thats to be more awesome with my Star Shackles.
1. rod expertise
2. accurate or defiant rod, (accurate is better for DPR calculation)
3. silvery glow
4. Multiclass (rogue is seen as the best)
4a. suprising charge (2W on your charge is really good, but cheesy and unorigional)  
5. white lotus riposte
6. superior will

Sign In to post comments