09/30/2011 TWTW: "Innistrad Roundtable: Winning Thoughts"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's The Week That Was, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Uh yeah, about flashing back Duress with Snapcaster in Standard...
I also think it's going to impact how judges look at peeking. They will now have to pay a lot more attention because before you had no reason to look in other directions, so it was a lot more suspicious, but now you're actually encouraged to do so and the line between looking at their cards and their hand is very thin.

Yup, now that I've experienced this first-hand, this is the biggest problem with DFCs. I'm very glad they at least changed those silly rules about keeping them secret =)
R/W for the build definitely, I would only build slightly differently.

Creatures (16)

Non-Creatures (8)
[deck]
1x Devil's Play
1x Rally the Peasants
1x Rebuke
2x Brimstone Volley
1x Rolling Temblor
1x Curse of the Nightly Hunt
1x Smite the Monstrous
[/deck]

Lands (16)
[deck]
8x Mountain
8x Plains
[/deck]

Silverchase fox over abbey griffin because there are a LOT of good enchantments in this set to hit.

Rolling Temblor over Kessig Wolf, this was a hard one, but board wipes are really good.

Curse of the Nightly Hunt over blazing torch because the curse continually wrecks the opponent's board state.

Geistcatcher's rig over a land because it's both a bomb and removal and I find 16 lands works for me, plus this curve is pretty low.

1-1
2-7
3-10
4-3
5-2
6-1

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

Sign In to post comments