Black/Blue Zombies

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all, I'm an absolute newbie to MTG and I'm just basically starting with Innistrad. Can you guys give me advice and help me make this better? Thanks much.

Creatures: (20/20)

1x Grimgrin, Corpse-Born

1x Sheoldred
4x Unbreathing horde

2x Invisible Stalker

3x Ghoulraiser
2x Manor Skeleton

3x Typhoid Rats
2x Vampire Nighthawk
2x Walking Corpse

Planeswalkers: (1)

1x Liliana of the Veil

Sorcery: (7)

1x Army of the Damned

2x Ghoulcaller's Chant

2x Moan of the Unhallowed
1x Maw of the Mire

Instant: (9)

2x Dissipate
2x Lost in the Mist
3x Doom Blade
2x Hideous End

Enchantment: (4)
3x Endless Ranks of the Dead

1x Rooftop Storm

Artifacts: (4)

1x Grimoire of the Dead

1x Cellar Door

1x Trepenation Blade

1x Contagion Clasp

Lands: (25)

1x Nephilia Drownyard

1x Shimmering Grotto
1x Ghost Quarter
12x Swamp

10x Island

(70 Cards)
Never build a deck of more than 60 cards.
Only use the cards in the allowed sets which are currently:

Magic 2012
Mirrodin Besieged
Scars of Mirrodin
New Phyrexia
Innistrad

Yeah, I know that it switches tomorrow. But unless you need a deck for just tonight, don't build with Zendikar cards.
60 Cards is the best.

I think the Skaab skinline is good. (Stitched Drake, Skaab Ruinater, Skaab Goliath)

Cemetary Reapers and Skinrenders are useful.

Grave Titans could work well.

Diregraf Ghoul is arguably the best 1 drop since Dispatch.

Doom Blade and Go For the Throat can remove threats.

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

I think the Skaab skinline is good. (Stitched Drake, Skaab Ruinater, Skaab Goliath)

Why? As far as I can tell, they're just creatures with flying (the exception being Goliath) that have a ridiculous cost due to the fact that you have to exile creatures from the grave. A few of my friends insist that they are good, but I just don't see it.

Why? As far as I can tell, they're just creatures with flying (the exception being Goliath) that have a ridiculous cost due to the fact that you have to exile creatures from the grave. A few of my friends insist that they are good, but I just don't see it.

Say you DO manage to mill yourself/sacrifice a creature/just straight up trade a creature on the field, and get a creature card into the graveyard on turn two.

Turn 3 you can play a Stitched Drake and have card that's ahead of the curve.

OR

You've been playing forawhile, cards have ended up in graveyard.

Turn 10, you have 7 mana out, you have a stitched drake in hand.  You can play him, and still have 4 mana ready to go for whatever else you can cast.

It just provides an alternate cost, and with blue and flashback cards, throwing crap in the graveyard makes it almost a second hand at times.

Skaab Ruinator is the Mythic of the line, and is truly evil, as it can even be cast from the graveyard.

Are they AWESOME OMG EVERYONE GET ONE?  No.  Are they good cards? Yes.  They just belong with certain strategies.  (Like... most magic cards, tbh.)