What should I play: BANT Pod or Solar flare?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm trying to figure out what deck to build. These two seem like they're rather good, but not sure which would be the better archtype. Any ideas?
Dont netdeck. Stare at the formats cards and make something new.
My life as a pigeon.
It was a direct statement. I didn't know that addressing you directly would have that effect on you. Please forgive me lil' lady. I might be an outlaw, but I'm a gentleman first; and your respect is very important to me.
>mfw
Lol, net decking wins, bro.
Lol, net decking wins, bro.

Net Decking doesn't win, playing tested archtypes that you understand wins, right now the metta is almost 100% speculation with each testing group providing differerent results, all you can do is net deck and lose, might as well take this time and try something new until results in large enough numbers to make decisions with come in.

My personal opnion is Solar Flare is really just a worse BUG Pod and a worse UB Controll.
Turn four sheoldred in a controlling deck isn't a joke but tbh I think that pod is more consistent
Ignore Highway and Gilgiga.

Bant Pod is the number-one target on everyone's radars for post-rotation. It's one of the more consistent options available (certainly more so than Solar Flare, which seems to be at the mercy of its topdeck a lot of the time), and is a worthy choice. But make sure you practice the mirror a lot, and be prepared to be Public Enemy number 1 when dealing with hate.

I'm going to have to say that Solar Flare is the best deck.  Also, if Solar Flare is playing Sheoldred, something is wrong.

Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Reread this sentence to find out!
Ignore Highway and Gilgiga.

Bant Pod is the number-one target on everyone's radars for post-rotation. It's one of the more consistent options available (certainly more so than Solar Flare, which seems to be at the mercy of its topdeck a lot of the time), and is a worthy choice. But make sure you practice the mirror a lot, and be prepared to be Public Enemy number 1 when dealing with hate.

Tell me about it. I was the only one of 20 people at my fnm playing bant pod last format.  At the pre-release, at least 7 others were scrambling to build the deck for the coming fnm. Making sure you can win the mirror is a must.
------------------------------------------------------------- Decks that I play Legacy- Ravager Affinity Modern- Standard- RWU Flicker EDH/Commander -RWU Numot
I find playing pod daunting, though. Seems like a complicated deck to play and do well with.
Some find it daunting. There are a lot of decisions and you need to be able to think ahead multiple turns.
------------------------------------------------------------- Decks that I play Legacy- Ravager Affinity Modern- Standard- RWU Flicker EDH/Commander -RWU Numot
Unfortunately I'm not good at thinking ahead. Maybe I can learn to, but I don't know.
BantPod has the best tools.

Trinket Mage>Solar Flare 
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.

I'm going to have to say that Solar Flare is the best deck.  Also, if Solar Flare is playing Sheoldred, something is wrong.

It has been working beautifully for me in testing but I would like to hear you're logic on why it shouldn't be played

It has been working beautifully for me in testing but I would like to hear you're logic on why it shouldn't be played

You want creatures with immediate board impact. Sheoldred has no impact until the opponent's next upkeep.

Plus, it costs 7 and is almost irrefutably worse than Elesh Norn. You can't cram a bunch of 7-drops into the deck.
They are both good and I would agree in most situations Elesh norn is better but sheoldred only gets taken out by Go for the throat While norn is just as susceptible to removal as sun titan is and she doesn't give the insane lategame that sheoldred does.
Sign In to post comments