Blackguard / Dragonborn question ....

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Improved Shroud of Shadow says you gain damage on next damage roll.  Is there a rule I'm missing that says it has to be a weapon's attack?

My interpetation means that if I use ISoS, I gain (2+CHA) 5 damage on my next damage roll.  So I give up my move action for a minor, and use that to make my breath weapon attack - I could potentially do 5 + 1d6+2 + 2 (or 4 if an adjacent mob is bloodied - because of spirit of vice).  That's potentially 11-17 points damage in a blast 5 (if an adjacent mob is bloodied).

I'm building a character that is kind of a mass one-shot wonder (of course the DM is going to start seperating mobs - but until then...)   Either way, wanted to make sure I'm doing that right.

The character is a 4th level Dragonborn Blackguard - Surprising breath and Enlarged breath.  As always, thanks in advance!

I can't find Improved Shroud of Shadow in the compendium at all...
Salla, on minions: I typically use them as encounter filler. 'I didn't quite fill out the XP budget, not enough room left for a decent near-level monster ... sprinkle in a few minions'. Kind of like monster styrofoam packing peanuts.
Shroud of Shadow is a Blackguard class feature power that is improved at level 7.  The improvement is in the Blackguard class entry, not the power list.

Improved Shroud of Shadow (Domination)
When you use your shroud of shadow, you gain additional temporary hit points equal to 2 + your Charisma modifier. At 23rd level, the additional temporary hit points increase to 5 + your Charisma modifier.

Improved Shroud of Shadow (Fury)
When you use your shroud of shadow, you gain a bonus to your next damage roll before the end of your next turn. The bonus equals 2 + your Charisma modifier. At 23rd level, the bonus increases to 5 + your Charisma modifier.

Assuming you mean Fury, yes, close and area attacks use one damage roll for all targets, and the bonus would apply to the whole thing.  Have fun!
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Assuming you mean Fury, yes, close and area attacks use one damage roll for all targets, and the bonus would apply to the whole thing.  Have fun!

I do indeed!  Thanks!