Couple of essentials questions...

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fighter's Mark
Can someone point me to a page number in HoFL that tells when a fighter gains the ability to mark his target?  I see plenty of references to what the mark does but can't seem to locate when/how fighter's get this ability or how they can invoke it.  It would be very helpful to point me to the rules (either in HoFL or Compendium) where this is described. 

Opportunity attacks
Can a creature provoke multiple opportunity attacks from the same creature more than once per turn?  For instance, if I move through the three squares on a side of any enemy, does that provoke 3 opportunity attacks?

Thanks,
Knoble
Fighter's Mark
Can someone point me to a page number in HoFL that tells when a fighter gains the ability to mark his target?  I see plenty of references to what the mark does but can't seem to locate when/how fighter's get this ability or how they can invoke it.  It would be very helpful to point me to the rules (either in HoFL or Compendium) where this is described.

Fighter sub-classes in the "Heroes of..." do not have the ability to mark their targets like the Fighter described in Player's Handbook 1.  That is because the PH1 Fighter (now referred to as the Weaponmaster in the Class Compendium) has the "Combat Challenge" ability, which the Knight and Slayer lack.  (The Knight, in lieu of Combat Challenge, gains the "Defender Aura" power, which mimics many of the mechanics of marking without actually imparting the "marked" condition.  Alas, this means that any fighter ability that interacts with a marked opponent is useless to a Knight.)

Opportunity attacks
Can a creature provoke multiple opportunity attacks from the same creature more than once per turn?  For instance, if I move through the three squares on a side of any enemy, does that provoke 3 opportunity attacks?

A creature can only take one opportunity action per combatant's turn.  So, if you move through three squares threatened by a given enemy, you provoke opportunity attacks 3 separate times, but once that creature has taken an Opportunity action against you, it may not do so again for the rest of your turn.  That being said, the creature has the choice of when it will choose to use its Opportunity action (in the case where one position may be tactically advantageous over another).

loose [loos] vt. to let loose; to release; to unfasten, undo or untie; to shoot or discharge. lose [looz] vt. to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery; to fail inadvertently to retain (something) in such a way that it cannot be immediately recovered; to suffer the deprivation of. LEARN THE DAMN DIFFERENCE. The pen is mightier than the character builder. Copy this to your sig if you like 4e but don't use the CB. "OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E." -RedSiegfried
Thank you, Owaru, for that super swift reply!