Clarification of the Blackguard ability: Ferocious Strike

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

Sorry to ask for clarification on something so simple - but for some reason, this is really bugging me.

Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage. You gain combat advantage against the first enemy you attack before the end of your next turn.

Round 1 - Hit with FS - do damage, gain combat advantage - OR - do I gain combat advantage, then do damage.
Round 2 - still have combat advantage; rinse repeat - etc, etc...

I'm confused as to the order of things - the reason I ask is because with the vice of spirit (fury) gives you +2 damage when you have combat advantage against a bad guy; so if you get combat advantage first - you'd get the +2; if you don't get avantage less, you obviously don't get the bonus.

Thanks in advance 
Of what i understand, after you Hit with Ferocious Strike, the first enemy you will attack before the end of your next turn you will have Combat Advantage againt it.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Of what i understand, after you Hit with Ferocious Strike, the first enemy you will attack before the end of your next turn you will have Combat Advantage againt it.

Hmmmmm.... So it's I hit Mob-A with FS, then on round 2 I attack Mob-B - I'll have combat advantage against Mob-B, who would then give me all the dark menace benefits....  That makes a lot more sense (for some reason, I just couldn't figure that one out properly...) - Thanks!

There are better ways to get CA, and Vengeance Strike is usually going to do more damage.  CA now > CA Later.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.