Am I cheating accidentally? (item bonus questions)

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
I know that the character builder isn't a 100% reliable source on everything so I thought I'd ask. It won't let be look up a accurate shielding dagger. It wont find any enchanted version of an accurate dagger actually so I was wondering if it's possible? can A accurate dagger have the shielding weapon enchant? Why is there no enchanted accurate daggers in the compendium? Also is it possible to wield that said shielding dagger with a parrying rhythm blade in my off hand an get a +2 to my AC? Every time I try to have the shielding in my main an my rhythm in my off it switches them. SO to sum it up, can I wield a accurate shielding dagger in my main hand and a Rhythm parrying dagger in my off hand netting me a total of +1 to ref +3 AC an +1 Atk?
Because the character builder has numerous bugs.

Yeah, all that works.
> Why is there no enchanted accurate daggers in the compendium?

I don't think the compendium cross-references the various types of superior implement with the various enchantments that can be placed on them. You can add enchanted superior implements to your character in the builder, but the compendium just references one thing at a time.
Rhythm Blade will only give you an AC increase, because you only have a shield bonus to AC (from shielding blade), and not to reflex.

Does Shielding only do AC? Then yeah it'll be +3 AC, no Ref bonus.
Rhythm Blade will only give you an AC increase, because you only have a shield bonus to AC (from shielding blade), and not to reflex.

hmmm, I guess I don't really understand how that works... WHY would it only give to my AC?
cause in the character builder  when I equipped it an just a plain accurate dagger it ups both my AC an REF...
Character builder is not a rules source for this very reason.

Anyway, Rhythm Blade increases your Shield bonus. You need to already have a Shield bonus to increase for this to work. So you can increase your Shield Bonus to AC, because you have one, but you can't increase your Shield bonus to Ref, because you don't.
Dont all characters have a default shield bonus of +0/+0?
Dont all characters have a default shield bonus of +0/+0?

Only if you want to make things up that are completely inconsistent with all other rules in 4e... exception based design requires specification. If you can find a rule which says all characters have a bonus to everything by default, feel free to post it.

Also the bonus rules in the RC specify that bonuses are granted by things, so no.
Sign In to post comments