Dahlia Sin'felle's staff Kozah's Needle ............

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
From the book Gauntlgrym

Anyone have any clue what her staff is?

I find it interesting and wonder what it's stats in 4e would be

Thanks!!!!!
first you should have been a little clearer on who Dahlia was.

I had to stop and think about it as I could not remember any mage by her name.

she's a monk.

Staff of three parts would be my guess.

that is three sections of staff that is connected by chains.

beeing FR, I would also have to say that its  a form of that weapon that as the at will ability to be a quarterstaff or staff of three parts.

otherwise, no clue.

a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
That sounds like a cool item.

Haven't read the book myself (I'm currently reading Bury Elminster Deep).

Off topic: without tossing out any spoilers, would you (Arakon) say Gauntlgrym was overall a good read?

Off topic: without tossing out any spoilers, would you (Arakon) say Gauntlgrym was overall a good read?

I am about a third of the way through and I like it so far.
I read it in and came away thinking it was rather O.K. I found that my favorite parts were with Barrabus the Grey, and Salvatore still writes fantastic fight scenes. It's worth a read though.

As to the mechanics about the staff, I'd be interested in knowing if they have anything like it as well. If not, seems like it would be easy to create it - Minor actions allowing you to turn it into a double-flail, pair of flails, or quarterstaff, with an encounter power adding lightning damage to a strike.

think this

it was what came to my mind when I read the description of it in the novel.

nasty weapon, not my cup of tea( prefer these to the staff    )

if it exists already for 4e its in AV2( dont remeber it in AV) or psi power.

not in phb3 with the monk.

wotc said iirc that theyw ere going to have OA articles in the near future       
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....

It was a good read.  As mentioned, Salvatorre's fight scenes are excellent, and Barbarrus the grey makes you lick your chops with possibilities...

All in all, it's not as good as his earlier dark elf books, but none of the more recent ones have been.  Still, it's a great read and a must if you plan on running the new neverwinter stuff as it fills in some of the "whys" and "hows" of various things.
By the description in the book Kozah's Needle can be use as: an 8-foot staff, a three section staff, a 4-foot "walking stick", or a pair of what amount to nunchucks.
Thanks everyone for your reply (and to the OP for letting me hijack the thread a little).
Thanks everyone for your reply (and to the OP for letting me hijack the thread a little).

All good, enjoy!!!!!

sfdragon wrote:
first you should have been a little clearer on who Dahlia was.

I had to stop and think about it as I could not remember any mage by her name.

she's a monk.

Staff of three parts would be my guess.

that is three sections of staff that is connected by chains.

beeing FR, I would also have to say that its  a form of that weapon that as the at will ability to be a quarterstaff or staff of three parts.

otherwise, no clue.

her staff is more than 3 parts and they can completely detach from the whole. as seen in Charon's Claw when Dahlia gives entreri one part of 4 to carry to let him know when claw tries to infiltrate his thoughts.