Is Colossus dead?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chameleon Colossus

One of my old favourite cards, I remember it standing really strong when it was standard. 
The synergy of being changeling enabling it to benefit from elves etc. And the extreme pump ability, survives bolts and protection from black. Just made it one of the most hardcore beaters (inb4 goyfs etc)

My question is, will this card have any chance in Modern ?

And god it loved Loxodon Warhammer
I guess.. But is this format still so fast? With the bannings of shoal and cloudpost ?
It's not that it's too fast it just has better creatures if I am paying 4 for a creature it better be something more then a goyf with protection that isn't all that relevant.
And it's said that youth's ,well only tragedy Is being unoriginal
89522235 wrote:
niche's solution to everything is always MOAR BLACK! "ok, my legacy mono black control deck is getting hated out by light of day..." "MOAR BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
4 mana to me says Xena, warrior princess. If we're sticking to green, I would say it's vengevine or thrun, the last troll (neither of which, I will add, are currently seeing significant play). Pet cards are sweet, and I have a *ton* of them, but, sadly for me, overtaker just isn't good enough for legacy, and I don't get to play it

(EDIT) ...why does the X on Xena disappear?.... 
(content removed)
I could see Colossus as a 3 of as a top end in an elf list.
Photobucket
Over bloodbraid elf who is about the same size, has haste, and gives you a free card?
(content removed)
Yeah. Colossus is probably more relevant in the Zoo matchup cause its bigger then everything, and is pretty much only stoppable by multi-blocks or path to exile.

EDIT: Also, as Elves you do end up with a horrendously large amount of mana, so two-three pumps on a colossus is totally reachable.
Photobucket
Colossus IS way better then bloodbraid in elves, BUT Bloodbraid isn't that good in elves so yeah...

Colossus is is still likely too slow to work in the format. Compared to things like Knight of the reliquary, which are bigger, cheaper, and have more utility, and it just gets blown out of the water.
Colossus IS way better then bloodbraid in elves, BUT Bloodbraid isn't that good in elves so yeah...

Colossus is is still likely too slow to work in the format. Compared to things like Knight of the reliquary, which are bigger, cheaper, and have more utility, and it just gets blown out of the water.

It's not so much the size that matters as much as the goal of whatever deck you would run those dudes in. Zoo is already going to have you in the red zone by the time they drop KOTR or colossus (or they are losing the game), while Kavu Justice would rather be hardcasting a boom//bust and then beating you to death before you can get back into the game.

Photobucket