My Undefeated W/G Aura deck

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
So far this deck is undefeated In about 10 matches against about 6 different decks all above average I think

Creatures: 16
4 x Kor Spiritdancer
4 x Aura Gnarlid
4 x Gatherer of Graces
4 x Nomad Mythmaker

Enchantments: 22
4 x Ancestral Mask
4 x Armadillo Cloak
4 x Spirit Mancer
2 x Bear Umbra
4 x Hyena Umbra
4 x One With Nature

Lands: 22
4 x Sunpedal Grove
18 x Plains

I was wanting to somehow get Cradle of Vitality in the deck with other ways of gaining life other than Armadillo Cloak

Also I was thinking Shield of Oversoul would be a nice addition theirs also Greater Auramancy

I was also wanting to add maybe Vesuva and Wooded Bastion for land but im not sure if it would affect one with nature.. or should I just leave them out

Please and thank you for your input
how do you cast your green cards with only 4 sources of green mana? 

And do you mean spirit mantle?

I see the potential here, but I don't understand how you cast all those green cards without forests or other non-basic lands? 
And there's the Creepy Doll That always follows you It's got a ruined eye That's always open And there's a Creepy Doll That always follows you It's got a pretty mouth To swallow you whole
My apologies I Ment 10 x Forest 8 x Plainsand yes Spirit Mantle yes its a beastly deck usually by turn 6 ill have a lifeline trample mana grabbing first strike 20/22 Creature but if I can get more lifelink and that Cradle of Vitality that is unlimited power almost if would be beastly don't get me wrong its already pretty awesome I've spent hours and hours researching and I have a great deck now I just feel like somethings missing
This deck scoops to Unsummon and any form of removal spell. I suggest you play hexproof creatures so you don't get blown out that way.
Embrace imagination. Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block
More
Each of its nine tails is imbued with supernatural power, and it can live for a thousand years. My Standard deck: Setting Sun
108516289 wrote:
Think of how Neo couldn't beat the robots, but they kept him around anyways to defeat Agent Smith. Sure, the robots might not like having a Neo running rampant because instead of playing their favorite 4 drop fatty robot, they have to play a bunch of one mana Matrixs to contain him, but at least Neo keeps Agent Smith from reanimating an Iona on turn two.
139359831 wrote:
Are you saying I'm trying to blame my loss on something? I don't care that I lost, I care that he's a sore loser, and a cheater, and a liar.
144902215 wrote:
CKY, are you bad at anything?
144902215 wrote:
I really enjoy imagining this from Kevin's perspective. Because in Kevin's world, Rosewater actually reads everything he types. Mark is sitting there right now, reading this, and thinking "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled. . ." Or some such. He chuckles low, then clicks on "The Best Of KEVINSET" and says "Yes, this'll do just fine. A busty lady with banding who deals direct damage to Zones!? Why this will be the star of my next set, and no one will ever believe you Kevin." Then he closes his Macbook, so his servant may move it out of the way, while another servant puts a Fetal Richard Garfield Clone lathered in Steak Sauce in front of him. Then Mark Feasts. I mean, In KevinWorld, Mark is reading the very words I'm typing as well. Heck, in KevinWorld maybe I am Mark.
99964981 wrote:
I'm beginning to think CKY may be anime in real life...
57150868 wrote:
Don't go anywhere CKY, I need to crash dramatically through your window and propose marriage and I don't want you throwing off my paradrop.
63588923 wrote:
[In response to a thread about how hard grading is] Upon reading this, I've found myself completely unable to operate in the world. I tried to decide what to eat for breakfast, and pondered the vast consequences of my choice. How do I balance my dietary needs against my desire to eat good-tasting food? Should I factor in how long it takes to prepare? Cereal is ready in moments, but bacon takes longer to cook. Then there is the impact on other industries. Do people in the cereal industry deserve to be employed more than people in the bacon industry? Which industry should I support? I don't even have the data regarding HOW MUCH the cereal industry benefits from me eating a bowl of cereal, or how much the bacon industry benefits from me eating a side of bacon. How can I compare two qualities I can't even quantify? And let's not forget the milk on the cereal. In addition to determining whether or not milk is healthy for me, how much that benefits the milk industry, and how much the people in the milk industry deserve my support, we have to factor in the fact that cows are put under brutal conditions in order to collect thier milk. Of course, the same goes for the pigs, and then they get killed. Of course, I really like bacon. So I need to come up with a scale that compares the value of cow happiness to pig happiness to my happiness. What trade-offs am I willing to make here? Does the fact that the pig gets put out of its misery count as a plus or a minus? Isn't bacon bad for me anyway? Deciding what to eat for breakfast (or any meal) is impossible. Help me!
104339228 wrote:
I must admit chinkeeyong, you have the most interesting character ideas; and you play them well.
144902215 wrote:
Anyway, you'd be surprised about Time Stop. When I first saw that card as a relatively new player I didn't see its full potential until I read the reminder text. Is it that unintuitive, though? Mine I mean. What is possibility? Is it possible for me to type these words with my tusks? No, because I don't have tusks. Although I am now tempted to go buy some - obviously not from poachers or whatever - and use them as typing apparatus. I could be the best secretary ever. "What's your words per minute sir?" "Well, only six, but I use these tusks to type them." "You're hired!" That was the interview. And is anyone else disappointed that "apparati" is not the plural form of apparatus? I just could strangle a dictionary, because "apparatuses" is a real word. I guess it sounds pretty cool. I'll call them my Apparatusks.
Yes but I have you seen the effects of these creatures plus Greater auramancy can fix that hexproof creatures will be far weaker so far my main creature has been destroyed twice and yes because if a darkness spell to destroy creatures but with nomad mythmaker all I have to do is use his effect cast a weak enchantment from my hand and it'll already be back to 6/8 with effects

Im just not sure if or what I should remove and such with Cradle of Vitality
Cradle of Vitality is unnecessary in anything but a dedicated lifegain deck. You don't need it.

Umbra Mystic can help a LOT in this deck, and it's a beast with enchantments that return to your hand (see: Rancor).

Angelic Destiny won't come back if it's totemed, but it's still a house.
[spoiler Quotes] You have a rather disgusting amount of ramp sir. Could I interest you in a Genesis Wave? - Flyheight Can't really go wrong with a deck that has the 2 cards recently banned in both standard and modern. - JaxsonBateman Infinite Analysis Sorcery ~ is blue. Cycling Madness Buyback - EchoRobin You'd better believe him. He's Bomberman. - Steinhauser [/sblock]
I see well I already have a few totem armor so nomad mythmaker can just bring them back after it gets destroyed but it would be more helpful.. and yes rancor is a beastly card but with armadillo cloak and nomad mythmaker its covered but it is a good card I was going to put it in but its kinda expensive for its skills id rather get Daybreak Coronet I intend too just waiting, angelic destiny is good ill definitely consider it..

So what do you guys think about Shield of Oversoul and Greater Auramancy? Do you think I should put them in and if so what can I either cut down on or remove?

And about the 2 lands I mentioned before or would they mess with One with Nature too much

I think Greater Auramancy would definitely be worth adding. If it were me, I would probably take out Spirit Mantle for it. Also, Angelic Destiny has recently been tearing up our kitchen table in my friend's white deck. Very good card.

Ill add 3 greater auramancys
just be aware it prevents you from casting more than 1 enchantment on each creature. still might be worth it but...

cho-manno's blessing or flickering ward are good options. blessing for the flash, flickering ward for the draw machine with spiritdancer in play.
No Argothian Enchantress? Keeps you going.
Damn.. I wasn't thinking with greater auramancy you can only use one enchantment and argothian enchantress can't be enchanted and it only draws cards I already have snake umbras if I need more draw more and I have Kor spiritdancers ill use that but that is a huge bummer..
and it only draws cards

I'm not seeing a problem with that.

The Snake Umbra, while nice, relies on being attached to a creature. If that creature dies beforehand, the Umbra's dead until you can get a critter.
Looks pretty good but you should be careful not to suffer from fancy play syndrome. Dont try to slam every potentially good card in your deck, rather focus on its strengths. 
It's nice, but I wouldn't say above the curve, as Auras (like equipment) require creature support to be fully functional, but simple creature control could strangle you in unpleasent ways. I'd add more Aura refurbishing (like Auramancer), and ways to pump your entire field position (Umbra Mystic, Quest for Renewal, Verdant Embrace, Greater Auramancy, and probably some cheap manner of creating tokens to carry auras such as Raise the Alarm)
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Sterling Grove might be worth adding, it doesn't cost too much these days.

How to autocard: [spoiler] [c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze you can also... [deck] 38 Relentless Rats 22 Swamp [/deck] =

Nice wynzerman ill definitely add Verdant Embrace and umbra mystic im still thinking about that angelic destiny card...
I've been playing a similar build that uses 2-3 Sigil of the Empty Throne which is awesome when you start throwing extra enchantments on those guys. I'm only running 10 creatures. Crystallization and Trace of Abundance are great in the early game, and prep/pump your Aura Gnarlid for later. Canopy Cover is a necessity in my deck. It's not uncommon for me to have a Sigil and an Enchantress on the table before I play any old enchantment and get a free card and an angel.. Oh look, I still have mana open.

I really like this deck. Loads of fun. Pretty consistent too.

Check this for some more ideas if you haven't already. My decklist is certainly a variation of some of the decks you'll find there, but I'd be happy to post it later if you'd like.
Yeah ill be interested too see your deck I tested it out on multilayer and on other decks it lost multilayer once I was being teamed :/
Also chaosk thanks for the advice it is really helpful
Not to bad for a aura deck.

If you should ever find trouble with spot removal[/C] then [c]Grand Abolisher could actually have a home in your deck. 
How to Autocard
card: [c]cardname[/c]-> [c]Vampire Nighthawk[/c] -> Vampire Nighthawk
Not to bad for a aura deck.

If you should ever find trouble with spot removal[/C] then [c]Grand Abolisher could actually have a home in your deck. 

To keep with the Enchantment theme, City of Solitude could be good for that.

Yeah ill be interested too see your deck I tested it out on multilayer and on other decks it lost multilayer once I was being teamed :/

Same here bro. We usually play multiplayer at my table, and this deck usually holds its only fairly well - until people start teaming up. That's the way it goes i guess. Anyway, here's my current build. The Umbras are really sweet because they keep my players on the board long enough for me to enchant them again and get some angels or more cards in hand. The umbras and Sigil are fine with board wipers. I'd love to play more Armadillo Cloak but it's too easy for my opponent to 2 for one me with black removal i.e. Go for the Throat, etc. Still vulnerable to Unsummon or Path to Exile though. Boar Umbra is probably my least favorite card to draw. This is why the W/U build is sweet because you have access to Eel Umbra.

I still haven't gotten to use Thran Golem. Well, once I had him out, but at that point I didn't need him with all the angels flying around. He's probably getting cut. After reading this thread, I might make some more adjustments... Honestly though, Canopy Cover is GOOD.

Kor Spirit Dancer
Mesa Enchantress

Aura Gnarlid

Actually yeah in the end I took out 1 gatherer of graces added 3 umbra mystics aadded 3 canopy covers and took out 1 spirit mantle added semblance anvil and added 2 sign of the empty throne for decks that force you to destroy creatures its helpful and usually I equips 4 enchantments at a time by turn 6 so yeah I think this will improve the deck alot
And took out hyena umbra completely

Decent. 

I do love umbras believe me, and I'm always trying to find a way to put them into my enchantment decks. BUT. Make some room for Ethereal Armor. Such a good card when you're playing a lot of enchantments. Very similar to hyena umbra, but better. Unless you wanna take something else out, I'd suggest swapping out the hyena umbra for ethereal armor.

Homeduck wrote:
I do love umbras believe me, and I'm always trying to find a way to put them into my enchantment decks. BUT. Make some room for Ethereal Armor. Such a good card when you're playing a lot of enchantments. Very similar to hyena umbra, but better. Unless you wanna take something else out, I'd suggest swapping out the hyena umbra for ethereal armor.
This was a two year old thread - why bump it to the front page?

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

Cause I don't give a care. Oh and i also just stumbled upon it and didn't look at the date.

Homeduck wrote:
Cause I don't give a care
2edgy4me

How to autocard: 

Show

[*c]CardName[/*c] (remove the *'s) to autocard!

or

[*deck]

4 x CardName

4 x CardName

[/*deck]

Remove the *'s to autodeck!

AzazelWandering wrote:

Homeduck wrote:
Cause I don't give a care

2edgy4me

LOL ida gone country and been like "Cause my giveadams busted!" sorry had to.