Banhammer

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
I will never stop killing on turn 2, no matter how unlikely you make it.

4x Angel's Grace
4x Spoils of the Vault
1x Ad Nauseum

4x Death's Shadow
3x Immolating Souleater
4x Hex Parasite
3x Tainted Strike
1x Assault Strobe

4x Simian Spirit Guide
3x Lotus Bloom
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Street Wraith
4x Thoughtseize

3x Pact of Negation
1x Slaughter Pact
1x Children of Korlis
1x Conflagrate

4x Marsh Flats
3x Arid Mesa
3x Godless Shrine
1x Blood Crypt

Backup plans, combo protection, free cantrips and an instant speed tutor smoothing out consistency, a couple ways to win turn 2 with more consistent turn 3 wins. Oh and it looks like oodles of fun =) Can't wait to sleeve and test.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.

Sorry. Autocard is pretty helpful for us newbs.

Can you spell out some of the core strategies here? I see some serious action between a number of the cards- creatures, counters, infect- but I don't get the overall goal you're trying to accomplish.. It looks like you're playing Angel's Grace and Spoils of the Vault on t2 for Ad Nauseam. Then some mana with Lotus Bloom and Simian Spirit Guide.. Then what happens?! Looks pretty interesting.

Also, you seem to be missing some basic lands for the sac lands.
the concept/combo is insane. but don't you need to give your creatures haste to swing for lethal? as far as i can tell your only way to insta-win is Conflagrate. am i dumb? otherwise you'll have creatures out, but lose once turn ends, unless you cast/sac the Children. even then, your Death's Shadow will die instantly, since you'll be back well over 13 life.
You only need one conflagrate - once you draw your whole deck, you then exile three spirit guides to make three red mana, cast conflagrate for zero, and then flash it back for heaps.

The creatures are there for an alternate win condition where you don't even need to draw an angel's grace or an ad nauseam, you just make your souleater or death's shadow up to 9 power, then cast tainted strike and attack for ten poison (potentially on turn 2).     
The main plan is Turn 1 or 2 Shadow or Souleater, next turn Strobe or Tainted Strike for lethal. If you use Shadow, you can also Angel's Grace+Spoils naming a card you don't have (or naming Slaughter Pact if they have a blocker) and swing.

Spoils names a combo piece you don't have or autowins with Angel's Grace and a Shadow.

Parasite helps to get ou turn 1 Shadows (Turn 1 SSG for Parasite, pay however much life you want, land, Shadow).

Don't EVER Spoils for Ad Nauseam. Ad Nauseam was there as a backup plan that never worked for me, I've actually taken it out (Angel's Grace, Ad Nauseam your whole deck, win with 3x SSGs and Conflagrate).

I don't run any basic lands. I want fetches into Shocklands to lose as much life as possible.

I am thinking of losing Souleater for something with a similar purpose; he's very awkward when you have to pump him and don't have enough life (18 life for Strobe win, 16 life for infect win, 6 life if you have both). I could also add a more convenient way to keep my total up, like more Korlis to string them or maybe just some vanilla lifegain.

Here's my current list:

4x Angel's Grace
4x Spoils of the Vault

4x Death's Shadow
4x Hex Parasite
3x Immolating Souleater

4x Tainted Strike
3x Assault Strobe
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Street Wraith

4x Thoughtseize
4x Pact of Negation
1x Slaughter Pact 
1x Children of Korlis

4x Simian Spirit Guide
4x Arid Mesa
4x Marsh Flats
3x Godless Shrine
1x Blood Crypt

I am thinking of losing or upping Korlis, and finding either an alternative or more support for Souleater. Also, Spellskite is necessary sideboard tech against removal. 
interesting build. i'd be curious to see how it playtests
In goldfishing, I get surprisingly consistent turn 2 and 3 kills, but I'm still looking to playtest some and get some interactive matches.
The Ad Nauseum/Conflagrate thing sounds like fun, but otherwise it seems like a port of a budget standard deck. But, I'm pretty sure Angel's Grace doesn't work the way you want it to with Ad Nauseum or Spoils of the Vault, because damage =/= life loss, so you can't live the dream and ad nauseum your entire deck for a giant conflagrate. Just like, 20 or so cards unless you have more 0 drops.

(at)MrEnglish22

The Ad Nauseum/Conflagrate thing sounds like fun, but otherwise it seems like a port of a budget standard deck. But, I'm pretty sure Angel's Grace doesn't work the way you want it to with Ad Nauseum or Spoils of the Vault, because damage =/= life loss, so you can't live the dream and ad nauseum your entire deck for a giant conflagrate. Just like, 20 or so cards unless you have more 0 drops.

It does work, Angel's Nauseum was a big deck in the TSP-ZEN Extended season that lasted for three months.
Website for my radio series: http://www.cyrusbalesfilms.co.uk/id2.html For the facebook group of my radio series, search for "Who will save us now?" Please join! Follow my regular articles on: http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/
This deck is great fun with theoretically good numbers =D Still looking for answers to Path. The best options so far seem to be Spellskite, Apostle's Blessing, and Silence.

Fatal Frenzy might be great for slow-rolling and keeping Souleater relevant. 1 or 2-of maindeck? I wish Berserk was Modern =(
Yeah apostles blessing sounds like the best answer combo protection wise and you might want to consider putting goblin bushwacker to make death's shadow and souleater hit faster.
Possibility for sideboard to help creatures Flame-kin zealot might be plausible
This deck is great fun with theoretically good numbers =D Still looking for answers to Path. The best options so far seem to be Spellskite, Apostle's Blessing, and Silence.

Fatal Frenzy might be great for slow-rolling and keeping Souleater relevant. 1 or 2-of maindeck? I wish Berserk was Modern =(

Pact of Negation?
M:tG Rules Adviser

Pact of Negation?

Not allowed to run more than 4 ;)

Bushwhacker is a very neat idea, but Zealot is way too slow, unfortunately.

Looks clever, but I doubt that it would be all that consistant in action.