With the advent of innistrad I'm going to inact my new standard league, which I have been waiting to do. Without further ado:
[sblock The Basic Structure]The league is modeled partially off of my league a while back that got mysteriously deleted and will involve swiss play in groups, followed by single elimination rounds. I am going to take 15 applicants (16 people including myself) and everyone will be randomly distributed into 4 groups of 4. From there you will play everyone else in your group twice (so a total of 6 matches) and after those 6 rounds the top two players from each group will advance into the top 8. The seedings from the top 8 will be based on your placing in your group and on overall record.[/sblock]
[sblock Logistics; PLEASE READ]
- signups close at 12 AM next sunday night (oct 2nd), eastern standard time.
- matches in the swiss rounds will be determined by best two out of three games and the top 8 will use best three out of five.
- you will have a week to complete each match.
- if a player fails to make any attempt to contact his opponent or post to the thread in any given gameweek he/she will be replaced immediately for the next week by someone from the signup sheet. The new player will be replaced in with the same record, but with one additional loss instead of a win.
- if both players communicate, but cannot schedule a time to play they will each be given a draw.
- all games will be carried out by playing on C or by using Machine Washable Slippers. I encourage all players to have both to make things run smoother.
- you may change your deck in between swiss rounds, however you must submit a security code before the top 8 and use the same deck throughout.
- if a new set is released during the tournament that set is legal the second the full spoiler is released, unless it's during the top 8.
- if a player cannot use one of the two options for various reasons the other player is expected to comply and use the working option. If they cannot make this work I will make a decision on a case by case basis.
- if two players tie for second in the swiss rounds, meaning one would make the top 8 and the other wouldn't a variety of steps will be taken. First I will look at the players head-to-head record. If one of them has a better head-to-head then that player will qualify. If they have the same record they will play a best of five playoff match.
- if I get enough applicants I will look into making this a tournament of 4 groups of 5.[/sblock]
[sblock Pairings and Results]
[sblock Pairings][sblock Round 1 Pairings]
lightning_link7 vs Halo_lover
Theiz vs Gamemaniac2
zpikduM vs CageofPanacakes
chow_man vs bughferd
catowner vs tame_lion
evilweevil666 vs lightninghelixed[/sblock]
[sblock Round 2 Pairings]
lightning_link7 vs gamemaniac2
Theiz vs halo_lover
bughferd vs CageofPanacakes
chow_man vs zpikduM
catowner vs lightninghelixed
evilweevil666 vs tame_lion[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock Results][sblock Round 1 Results]
lightning_link7 vs Halo_lover lightning_link wins by default
Theiz vs Gamemaniac2 gamemaniac wins by default
zpikduM vs CageofPanacakes zpikduM wins by default
chow_man vs bughferd chow_man wins 2-1
catowner vs tame_lion catowner wins by default
evilweevil666 vs lightninghelixed evilweevil666 wins 2-0.
[sblock Group Tables and Standings]
If you have any questions feel free to pm me or post them to the thread.