evilweevil's ultimate standard league

72 posts / 0 new
Last post

With the advent of innistrad I'm going to inact my new standard league, which I have been waiting to do.  Without further ado:

[sblock  The Basic Structure]The league is modeled partially off of my league a while back that got mysteriously deleted and will involve swiss play in groups, followed by single elimination rounds.  I am going to take 15 applicants (16 people including myself) and everyone will be randomly distributed into 4 groups of 4.  From there you will play everyone else in your group twice (so a total of 6 matches) and after those 6 rounds the top two players from each group will advance into the top 8.  The seedings from the top 8 will be based on your placing in your group and on overall record.[/sblock]

[sblock  Logistics; PLEASE READ]
- signups close at 12 AM next sunday night (oct 2nd), eastern standard time.
- matches in the swiss rounds will be determined by best two out of three games and the top 8 will use best three out of five.
- you will have a week to complete each match.
- if a player fails to make any attempt to contact his opponent or post to the thread in any given gameweek he/she will be replaced immediately for the next week by someone from the signup sheet.  The new player will be replaced in with the same record, but with one additional loss instead of a win.
- if both players communicate, but cannot schedule a time to play they will each be given a draw.
- all games will be carried out by playing on C or by using Machine Washable Slippers.  I encourage all players to have both to make things run smoother.
- you may change your deck in between swiss rounds, however you must submit a security code before the top 8 and use the same deck throughout.
- if a new set is released during the tournament that set is legal the second the full spoiler is released, unless it's during the top 8.
- if a player cannot use one of the two options for various reasons the other player is expected to comply and use the working option.  If they cannot make this work I will make a decision on a case by case basis.
- if two players tie for second in the swiss rounds, meaning one would make the top 8 and the other wouldn't a variety of steps will be taken.  First I will look at the players head-to-head record.  If one of them has a better head-to-head then that player will qualify.  If they have the same record they will play a best of five playoff match.
- if I get enough applicants I will look into making this a tournament of 4 groups of 5.[/sblock]

[sblock Pairings and Results]
[sblock Pairings][sblock Round 1 Pairings]

Group A:
lightning_link7 vs Halo_lover
Theiz vs Gamemaniac2

Group B:
zpikduM vs CageofPanacakes
chow_man vs bughferd

Group C:
catowner vs tame_lion
evilweevil666 vs lightninghelixed[/sblock]
[sblock Round 2 Pairings]

Group A:
lightning_link7 vs gamemaniac2
Theiz vs halo_lover

Group B:
bughferd vs CageofPanacakes
chow_man vs zpikduM

Group C:
catowner vs lightninghelixed
evilweevil666 vs tame_lion[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock Results][sblock Round 1 Results]
Group A:
lightning_link7 vs Halo_lover   lightning_link wins by default
Theiz vs Gamemaniac2  gamemaniac wins by default

Group B:
zpikduM vs CageofPanacakes  zpikduM wins by default
chow_man vs bughferd  chow_man wins 2-1

Group C:
catowner vs tame_lion  catowner wins by default
evilweevil666 vs lightninghelixed  evilweevil666 wins 2-0.
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock Group Tables and Standings]
Group A:

Group B:

Group C:
[/sblock]

Competitors
1. evilweevil666
2. chow_man
3. Catowner
4. Bughferd
5. LightningHelixed
6. CoP
7. Halo_lover
8. Theiz
9. Lightning_Link7
10. tame_lion
11. gamemaniac2
12. zpikduM

If you have any questions feel free to pm me or post them to the thread.
In.
And it's said that youth's ,well only tragedy Is being unoriginal
89522235 wrote:
niche's solution to everything is always MOAR BLACK! "ok, my legacy mono black control deck is getting hated out by light of day..." "MOAR BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Also someone should totally tell me what decks to play because the extent of my standard knowledge is Pods r good.
89522235 wrote:
niche's solution to everything is always MOAR BLACK! "ok, my legacy mono black control deck is getting hated out by light of day..." "MOAR BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
When it fills or after signups close (which is in the logistics section).
This better not die or else I'll shank you
This better not die or else I'll shank you

I won't let it die, but I can't promise that people won't fail to get their matches done.  I can only hope that people want to play in an awesome tourney for a new format...
Ill play,  Atma wants me to help him brew right now anyway. So this is a good excuse to play.
VCL (Volunteer Community Lead - Deck Critique (MTG)) Volunteer Community Nutritionist - (I am watching you diet, even when you think I am not.) Photobucket What my sig is based off of.
I'll play, as I also need an excuse to brew.
Current decks: Type II: B/R Vampires Extended: Modern: U/G Scapeshift 1.5: Ichorid, Elf Combo
In like Evil Twin.
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Reread this sentence to find out!
In
, this is gonna be awesome guys, trust me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8JCX9E0bEI

Photobucket
VCL (Volunteer Community Lead - Deck Critique (MTG)) Volunteer Community Nutritionist - (I am watching you diet, even when you think I am not.) Photobucket What my sig is based off of.
Not that many more days to sign up.  Not sure why no one wants to play in an awesome tourney for a brand new format...Regardless, I'll start on time even if we don't have enough people.
Not that many more days to sign up.  Not sure why no one wants to play in an awesome tourney for a brand new format...Regardless, I'll start on time even if we don't have enough people.

My finals are in 2-3 weeks, no time Frown
Photobucket
I'll join.
Team GFG: Great Flatbread Gangsters
Accomplishments
Top 8 Charlotte Regionals 2011- Qualified for Nationals 1st place TCG Player Qualifier- Qualified for TCG Player Championship 2nd place SCG Invitational Qualifier Top 32 SCG Charlotte Open 2011 (7-2, stupid tiebreakers)
MTGO name: Battle7

www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8JCX9E0bEI

Photobucket

haters gonna hate.

Photobucket
I'll /IN this.
I'm in.

Am I required to pilot the same list in every match? 

I think Draft is the best format in Magic.

I strive to be critical, rational and openminded.

I'm in.

OP says you can change inbetween rounds.
Photobucket
I'm in.

No.  Please read the full OP before you ask next time (not that it's difficult for me, but you might get a faster answer).  If/when you advance to the knockout rounds you must use the same list for all of the knockout rounds.
I did read the logistics, I guess I skipped over that part. Thanks for the swift answer. Still interested.

I think Draft is the best format in Magic.

I strive to be critical, rational and openminded.

Disregard my previous statement of not playing. I'm in after reading that its only once a week.
Photobucket
Disregard my previous statement of not playing. I'm in after reading that its only once a week.

Great.  Now we have 12, so we can at the least do 3 groups of 4.  Hopefully we can fill the remaining spots though.
Only a day and a half of signups left.
Last day for signups!
Signups are closed!  I will be generating the groups shortly and then the round 1 pairings.  Because we only got 12 people I will make 3 groups of 4.  The top 2 from each group will advance into a top 6.  In the first round of the top 6 the 2 players with the highest overall records will receive byes (this includes game records if it comes down to that as a tiebreak).
Group A
1. gamemaniac2
2. Theiz
3. halo_lover
4. lightning_link7

Group B
1. zpikduM
2. bughferd
3. chow_man
4. CageofPanacakes

Group C
1. catowner
2. lightninghelixed
3. evilweevil666
4. tame_lion

Round 1 Pairings
Group A:
lightning_link7 vs Halo_lover
Theiz vs Gamemaniac2

Group B:
zpikduM vs CageofPanacakes
chow_man vs bughferd

Group C:
catowner vs tame_lion
evilweevil666 vs lightninghelixed

You have a week to complete this round!
Hopefully everyone is working on scheduling a time to play.  I have yet to hear back from lightninghelixed.
zpikduM, where are ya! Its time!

Photobucket
zpikduM, where are ya! Its time!

I have a game up on Mindwhip Slivers.

EDIT: Had the game up for an hour.
Photobucket
LL7, PM me when you want to and can play.
Want to know how to keep a moron busy? Reread this sentence to find out!
I specified that you must pm your opponent, not just post in thread.  Halo, I expect for you to do this.  In other news, I win round 1 2-0 over lightninghelixed.
You guys only have a couple more days and I'm the only one done yet.  I'd like to hopefully hear some status updates so I can determine who is inactive.
I admit that I totally forgot about this. Thiez hasn't sent me any requests or anything.
Me and Chow are playing this weekend.
89522235 wrote:
I admit that I totally forgot about this. Thiez hasn't sent me any requests or anything.

Ok, see if you two can play today or tomorrow.  I'll message him on facebook or something and see if I can get him to put an effort in.  But if you pm him or something that would be great.

Ok, see if you two can play today or tomorrow.  I'll message him on facebook or something and see if I can get him to put an effort in.  But if you pm him or something that would be great.

I sent him a PM when I posted that. What somewhat alarmed me is that he never posted anything on the boards after he /in'd this.
Yeah, I know him personally and he's been going through a rough time.  If he doesn't respond I'll give you the match win, but I'm gonna try to contact him.
I've already sent COP a PM. No response back.
Photobucket
I win 2-1 vs Bughferd
Halolover and I are trying to get something set up.
Team GFG: Great Flatbread Gangsters
Accomplishments
Top 8 Charlotte Regionals 2011- Qualified for Nationals 1st place TCG Player Qualifier- Qualified for TCG Player Championship 2nd place SCG Invitational Qualifier Top 32 SCG Charlotte Open 2011 (7-2, stupid tiebreakers)
MTGO name: Battle7
Sign In to post comments