OLD REPUBLIC release

(Well, it IS an RPG. Cool)
So the release date is now set, at last, for 20 Dec. 2011.
I know there's a big honkin' website for it, but do any of you know if there's some kind of basic, nuts 'n' bolts information about things like system requirements, monthly fees and so on?
I also read that a lot of it can be played solo, but there are certain areas that require a group. Are those ares critical for progress in the game?
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt." Scale video that I made with darthvaughn: " SW Minis Scale video Starship Modeler website. Jeff Russel's incredible STARSHIP DIMENSIONS website, with our favourite vehicles, vessels & critters from multiple sources, shown to scale. SQUADRON MODEL's Sci-Fi model kits section. How to make a model conversion to an Old Republic frigate.
I'm not sure about the single player vs group player info.

$60.00 for initial game. Various levels of pre-order will give you various amounts of time in the game before it goes live to the general public; as well as special items in the game. I'm not sure of what levels cost or the specifics but some of that in info is here.--> www.swtor.com/preorder

$14.99 per month
$13.99 per month w/3 month subscription
$12.99 per month w/6 month subscription

Minimum system requirements

OS

Windows XP, Vista/7

CPU

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better · Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

RAM

Windows XP: 1.5GB · Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB · PCs using a built-in graphical chipset, 2GB RAM recommended.

Video

ATI X1800 or better* · nVidia 7800 or better* · Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*

DVD-ROM

8x or better *Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.

It's at times like this that I sort of regret getting a Mac a little. Star Trek Online just went free-to-play, too.

Ugh. 

72ccb3a99f297b7624ecac31e26f7921.png?v=33480
Star Wars: Tapestry
 - a play-by-post campaign for everyone... good OR evil!

Sign In to post comments