BeastMaster Ranger and Sentinel Druid Hybrid: Two Animal Companions?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
With the release in August of the sentinel druid hybrid notes, it is now possible to have two animal companions as a hybrid bastmaster ranger/sentinel druid?

Thanks,
Yes. A veritable wall of fur.

But i think the more popular option on Charop is the Sentinel|Shaman.

Just keep in mind that each one follows it's own set of rules depending on which class it came from.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Yes, so instead of one nigh-useless pet, you get two nigh-useless pets.

Do not do this.
Yes. A veritable wall of fur.

But i think the more popular option on Charop is the Sentinel|Shaman.

Nah.  Sentinel|Beastmaster/Shaman/Animal Master/Summon powers where possible.  With a mount.

That's a wall of fur.

But yeah, in general, it's not worth bothering with.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
With the release in August of the sentinel druid hybrid notes, it is now possible to have two animal companions as a hybrid bastmaster ranger/sentinel druid?

No, but it is possible to have an animal companion and a beast companion.  Most things affect only one or the other; Quick Beast Command, for instance, only affects the beast companion.
sorry to necro but i've been working on a build based around a ranger that uses both pets very effectively, especially with the fey beast tamer theme, I have bear(sent)/wolf(ranger)/blinkhound

2 auras around my pet allow it to have an average of about one level higher's stats on attack and defenses, combined with the druid heal and the ability to attack something that makes an opportunity attack against this pet (With my greatbow) I see a 3d12+20 damage per turn at paragon with only at wills and a +20 to attack average.

It makes for a potent striker with some good control options and an encounter heal

at epic tier the pet will be attacking twice and being forced to be attacked so that I deal 6d12+dex+dex(Primal eye)+item/weaponx3(Three attacks)+2d8+beast wis+Beast str+2d8+beast wis+Beast str+that of the wounds inflicted by my bow.... and the target is knocked prone

with a High chance to hit combined with the keeper of the hidden flame PP i actually make it so that my pet has to be attacked in order for the enemy to not be hit by both my pet and the tank and then me, so the damage is good.

basically the hybriding just adds the definite to hit and helps me to make the Beast Master pet into something.... viable....... if not really powerful.

And of course the pet is optimized for the best healing feats can buy with scion of Onat and a few other feats it works out really well actually