The Barbarionk

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Awful name aside, I would like some feedback on my Half-Orc Barbarian/Monk. I also have a few questions as to how certain abilities interact; things will change depending on whether what I think is possible, well, is. I am planning to run him in a 4-6 player campaign my DM is interested on running with us, starting at level 2, or possibly a more complex one for 3-4 players starting at level 1.

Without further ado, here's the build summary:

Show

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======

Xaveak, level 2

Half-Orc, Monk/Barbarian

Monastic Tradition (Hybrid) Option: Stone Fist (Hybrid)

Hybrid Monk Option: Hybrid Monk Will

Hybrid Talent Option: Barbarian Armored Agility

Channeled Fury (+2 to Endurance)

Theme: Wilder

FINAL ABILITY SCORES

STR 18, CON 12, DEX 18, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

STR 16, CON 12, DEX 16, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 10

AC: 19 Fort: 16 Ref: 16 Will: 13

HP: 30 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS

Acrobatics +9, Athletics +9, Perception +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS

Arcana +0, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +5, Heal +2, History +0, Insight +2, Intimidate +3, Nature +2, Religion +0, Stealth +4, Streetwise +1, Thievery +4

POWERS

Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack

Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack

Wilder Feature: Psychic Surge

Half-Orc Racial Power: Furious Assault

Monk Feature: Stone Fist Flurry of Blows

Barbarian Attack 1: Howling Strike

Monk Attack 1: Fallen Needle

Monk Attack 1: Open the Gate of Battle

Barbarian Attack 1: Thunder Hooves Rage

Monk Utility 2: Supreme Flurry

FEATS

Level 1: Hybrid Talent

Level 2: Ki Focus Expertise

ITEMS

Ki Focus x1

Adventurer's Kit

Alhulak x1

Shuriken

Hide Armor x1

====== End ======

Now, I have a few questions:

1. Will using a 1h weapon and holding it 2h cause any problems later down the track in terms of feats/bonuses/abilities etc..? It doesn't have to be the one I've chosen there, but I like the flavah of it.

2. When it comes to the Thunder Hooves Rage; is it possible to use the Falling Needle minor shift + a normal shift action to pass through an enemies square? If not, would the Five Storms movement power allow it? You can shift 2 squares using it.

Those are the most immediate queries I have; however I'd love to hear some feedback. I actually have already run this guy (as a level 1!) in a 3-5 campaign, and even though we ended up TPK'd (damn chasms), he really tore into the enemies.

1. You should be fine, and howling strike will require you to use two hands.

2. You can't normally shift through enemies. If you did have something that let you though, like thunder hooves rage, five storms would work, but falling needle + shift wouldn't because you can't end a shift in an enemy's square, even if your using another one right away.
Awesome, thanks. He was a lot of fun to play so I'm looking forward to continuing him.
Sign In to post comments