sundial

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
how do Glimmerpoint stag and sundial of the infinite work in relation to each other
how do Glimmerpoint stag and sundial of the infinite work in relation to each other

Do you mean "can they be exploited to make the exile permanent?" Then yes.
End the turn after the stag's delayed trigger is put on the stack and it will never trigger again.
ΦΦΦΦΦ
Very good! Oh wait, you wanted more?

If you use Sundial in response to the delayed triggered ability that returns the exiled object, it will never be returned and you exile something permanently. Is that what you are looking for?

DCI Level 2 Judge

"That's what's so stupid about the whole magic thing, you know," Rincewind said. "You spend twenty years learning the spell that makes nude virgins appear in your bedroom, and then you're so poisoned by quicksilver fumes and half-blind from reading old grimoires that you can't remember what happens next."

- Terry Pratchett, The Colour Of Magic

how?
well it depends on how one uses them.

Is there a sneaky trick hidden in their usage? indeed there is

Is there anything special I need to do to use it? yes there is

Glimmerpost Stag's trigger sets up a delayed trigger that fires at the beginning of the next end step whenever that is (normally it'll happen the same turn Stag enters the field)

if you end your turn prematurely (meaning before your end step shows up), Glimmerpost Stag will trigger on the next player's end step because that is the next end step, however, if you wait for it to trigger during your end step and then activate Sundial in response to it, the turn will skip to the cleanup step and the Stag trigger will be exiled and never resolve - leaving the object exiled indefinitely.

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Does that mean you could respond to anything that has an "until end of turn" with Sundial's ability and it will never trigger? Say I used Alabaster Mage's ability on Serra Angel to give it lifelink, and when the end of turn step starts, use Sundial of the Infinite and Serra Angel would permanently have lifelink?

Check out my FREE Firefox addon: Send To Gatherer

It will send any text you highlight on any Web page to the Gatherer and open it in a popup over the current page, a new tab, or new window.

My favorite rule: 101.2

no, you are confusint "until end of turn" and "at the beginning of the end step"

Sundial of the Infinite ends "until end of turn" effects (it even says so in the reminder text), but since there was no "end step" it will not affect things that care about that.
proud member of the 2011 community team
Ok, thank you.

Check out my FREE Firefox addon: Send To Gatherer

It will send any text you highlight on any Web page to the Gatherer and open it in a popup over the current page, a new tab, or new window.

My favorite rule: 101.2

Sign In to post comments