MOCS Year 3 suggestions....

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
First off I love the MOCS!

here are my suggestions for Year 3...

1: Pauper needs to be a major format and not just part of specialty. Specialty was basically pauper as none of the regular classic, singleton etc players are anywere near the top. I'm guessing extended can join specialty? not sure what to do with modern?

2: 12 months... why have an offseason? QP makes me play more. yes it is true I spend more money on magic when I want QP.

3: 16 players invited - 16 is just a better number for the champs then 8 or 12.

that is actually it for my suggestions ATM.

Calavera on MTGO I collect Zendikar Foil Basic lands. Trade me yours! Things that I want to see changed on MTGO: 1: 64 man drafts added to rotation of Events. 2: Visual/Audible Notification of disconnect, deckbuild/afk time expiring and round starts. 3: Prize Payouts as close to draft sets as possible. 4: Rotate Classic draft queues monthly! 5: MOCS level events for Classic/Pauper 6: Power 9! 7: Award Promo Cards for Constructed PEs (esp for Legacy/Classic) 8: Program Split option back in! 9: Set Favorite version in deck editor (i.e. always use x swamp) 10: Better sorting of gold cards in deck editor. 11: Bring leagues Back!

Top 8 of every MOCS gets invited... Make it bigger so 2nd place doesnt get a broken heart.. Just seems cruel. Invite more people to come. Is that a bad thing?

Also I do agree with the OP.. We need 12 months of MOCS!!!! 
Top 8 of every MOCS gets invited... Make it bigger so 2nd place doesnt get a broken heart.. Just seems cruel. Invite more people to come. Is that a bad thing?

Yeah, that always seemed cruel to me too. 

First place gets an invite where they win at least $4000.00, and the 2nd place guy gets a "nice try kid, here's a few dozen booster packs for all your effort".

Yeah, that always seemed cruel to me too. 

First place gets an invite where they win at least $4000.00, and the 2nd place guy gets a "nice try kid, here's a few dozen booster packs for all your effort".

Certainly wouldn't hurt to have a valuable MTGO prize for 2nd place.  Like a foil set plus 100 boosters, so it's not a total joke to get 2nd.
Then what happens when you get 3rd
Everyone who enters should get a trip to the Pro Tour.  That sounds like the most fair way to do it.
DCI Certified Level 2 Judge
Hmm so now that there is no worlds... Where will they have the championships?

What I would like to see is we get a full 12 months of mocs to get twelve people then invite the top 4 not already qualified from standard/block, draft, sealed and classic/extended/legacy/modern/etc

And have them all come to the community cup with the winner going to worlds

Just brainstorming really. 16 allows two full draft pods instead of the awkward 6/6.

Calavera on MTGO I collect Zendikar Foil Basic lands. Trade me yours! Things that I want to see changed on MTGO: 1: 64 man drafts added to rotation of Events. 2: Visual/Audible Notification of disconnect, deckbuild/afk time expiring and round starts. 3: Prize Payouts as close to draft sets as possible. 4: Rotate Classic draft queues monthly! 5: MOCS level events for Classic/Pauper 6: Power 9! 7: Award Promo Cards for Constructed PEs (esp for Legacy/Classic) 8: Program Split option back in! 9: Set Favorite version in deck editor (i.e. always use x swamp) 10: Better sorting of gold cards in deck editor. 11: Bring leagues Back!

"Rollover" QPs would be a GOLDMINE for Wizards. Right now, a large percentage of MTGO players just don't play enough to qualify for MOCS. They basically ignore QPs because of this. Implementing "rollover" would encourage them to play MORE, at the expense of encouraging a few players who push for 15 each and every season to play less.

"Rollover" is the answer to MASSIVE REVENUE for Wizards, MASSIVE customer satisfaction, and promotions + raises all around.
Don't mean to necro an old thread here, but since the last update theres some interesting things in the client folders...

In one of the folders you can find a 12 pics that are named magic_online_championship_series_qp_season_1.png to .... season_12.png

That should mean that they are doing 12 seasons and that they are going to represent the points in some graphical way. Maybe even doing rollover points or make them a part of the entry fee?

Anything but nuts is crazy. - We need moar command helemet!

Look season 2... why to Planeswalker that still not yet released? Maybe Kiora Atua Planeswalker in Dark Ascension?
Sign In to post comments