Potential Pod Weakness?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Has anyone had trouble going to time in matches with Pod?

The amount of searching seems like it could be problematic to me as someone who has played extensive search based decks before.

Any thoughts? 
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Possibly, but Pod can turn a game around quite quickly once they're online, so unless you really force them into a long grinding game, they're unlikely to time you in person. Online, though, I can see that being a problem because of the number of clicks you need for ETB and LTB triggers and the much shorter (and harsher) time limits, but it hasn't seemed to be an issue so far for the people playing it.
Not in general, you pretty much know what you're getting, and the only real decision is at 4 mana

Big Guy needs dealing with: Phyrexian Metamorph 
Have Venser in Hand/on board: Stonehorn Dignitary 
Any Other Scenario: Solemn Simulacrum 

Post Rotation, there might be a decision at 3, but for the most part you pretty much know how you intend to finish games 
scrubnextdoor blog
Notable Stuffs
Champion of Niv's 1st Block Constructed Tournament
1000 posts & !-year anniversary 2/17/10 BOOYAH

Siggables
Neruka's Boyfriend
Kor Firewalker is SO HOT. He is the fire in my pants. I want his firewalking babies.

Oops
75932913 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
I just realized how large a pain in the ass it's going to be to break down regionals like this
but look on the bright side, [b]Ding Dong jund is dead[b], it's not the boogyman anymore XD

Razorgore
61325265 wrote:
57689138 wrote:
Near Death Experience?
Gideon is not impressed by your triple white, incredibly difficult-to-manlipulate jank card.
Poor Niche
57860688 wrote:
MaRo keeps stabbing me in the face with cards like Phyrexian Rebirth. It's a black card.. with black art... in a white layer with white costs. Up yours, design team.
Cryptic Command can go munch on a bowl of my nuts
aaaaaaaahhhhh, yes.

my daily event online yesterday had this happen.... granted my computer was slower than the pod deck, but we both had less than a minute on our clocks (something very impressively long)

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Never had trouble with time due to searching, though some wierder matchups make you consider your tutor targets more.  Its grindy nature sometimes takes a while, epecially against a similar deck, but I've never gone to turns. 

Post rotation though, we lose a huge amount of explosiveness with Lotus Cobra, so I can see having to speed up play.

catowner wrote:
Welcome to 2012. Blue has the most efficient creatures, black has the all-in monocolored aggro deck, the most controlling deck in the format is green-red, control decks lose to aggro in attrition wars, and counterspells aren't an answer to fatties.
Islands wrote:
Pack Rat is like Bitterblossom and Tarmogoyf had a black baby.
As a pod player, I only ever have problems going the distance playing against other control decks, like caw-blade (at least until i get my pod out).  As for mtgo matches, I've rarely had problems with time.  But I can see it being an issue if you are a pod player who is not confident enough in your choices that you have to sit there for a minute plus considering your best option.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Sign In to post comments