Comparison of ways to prone enemies at-will

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been maintaining a handbook dedicated to Polearm Momentum, which allows a build to prone enemies easily and effectively if you give it the right support (and it has some stiff requirements).  World Serpent's Grasp is a good competing method for proning, which has its own large support requirements to use effectively.  Both methods had pros and cons and were more or less appropriate depending on your needs.

Then came Flail Expertise, an easy-to-use feat that can prone at-will with minimal support.  Yay!

At first I thought this would push PM and WSG aside and drive all prone builds to flails, but under closer analysis I've realized that's far from being the case.  We'll see a lot of flail builds pop up (because frankly the feat is damn cool), but WSG and PM offer some very important features that FE does not!  After all, FE is limited to melee weapon attacks, and you must use a flail.  This excludes magic casters, ranged builds, and hammer/polearm fun.

I plan on putting this analysis in the top post of my handbook, but I figured it's a good thing to discuss with the community first.  You guys will point out things I miss.

So , without further ado, here's my analysis:

Comparison

Flail Expertise

Cons:

• Must use a Flail

• Must hit with an attack

• Melee attacks only (no close, area or ranged)

• Weapon attacks only (power must have weapon keyword)

• Must slide opponent (you knock them prone instead)

Pros:

• No stat or class requirements

World Serpent's Grasp

Cons:

• Must hit with an attack

• Enemy hit must be slowed or immobilized at the time of the hit

• Fairly difficult for most builds to pull off at-will, since it's hard to slow/immobilize a target long enough to attack again and prone.

Pros:

• No class or stat requirements

• No weapon/implement requirement, and works even for powers lacking weapon/implement keyword (racial powers, class features, etc)

• No power range limitations (melee, range, area, close)

• No slide requirement (unless you're using Hindering Shield)

Polearm Momentum

Cons:

• Must be a fighter (multiclass/hybrid works)

• Requires Dex 15 and Wis 15

• Must use an attack (don't have to hit)

• Must use a Spear or Polearm for the attack (as a weapon or implement)

• Must push or slide 2 squares or more, usually requiring an item or feat to increase distance

Pros:

• Can be used as a weapon or implement (as long as power has weapon/implement keyword)

• No power range limitations (melee, ranged, area, close), making it easy to prone crowds.

• Works on a hit or a miss, and in the effect lines of the power (so long as it's still part of the same attack action that met PM's requirements).

Single Powers or Attacks
These are at-will powers or feats that prone without needing FE, WSG or PM.  They are very scattered and specific, but I include them in the comparison for completion.  I include a somewhat complete list at the bottom of this guide.

Cons:

• You only prone with the one specific action (i.e. one at-will power, or OAs, or charges, etc).

• These powers and feats are usually very specific to a class, such as fighter or monk.  You have access to them if you're that class, or occasionally if you multiclass into it.

• They are usually very specific to whether you're using a weapon or implement.  It's uncommon for these methods to work for both weapon & implement, or work without either.

• You get the range/targeting limitations they give you.  It's rare for an at-will power that prones out of the box to also target multiple enemies.

• Some of these powers or feats do reduced (or no) damage with the attack, or give up some other aspect to balance them with their peers.

Pros

• If you have access to the power (i.e. you are a fighter and thus can choose Knockdown Assault), then you can take that power and prone freely with no other support.  This frees up your build's feat/power/etc slots to focus on other interests.

• Often no stat requirements or other limiting factors.  Again, this makes it easy to include at-will proning in your build without spending any more resources on it.

Conclusion

FE is limited to melee attacks with flails.  Most spellcasters and ranged attackers are out, and not even close attacks will work (so no proning crowds).  FE won't give you awesome prone-spamming wizards, for example.  PM and WSG both work fine in this area, but they require a lot more setup (especially to do them at-will, which many WSG users don't even try to do).  That's why I have a whole handbook dedicated to PM, and almost made one for WSG.

So FE is much more limited, but oh~so~much easier to get going.

Though harsh, PM's requirements are all up-front.  The target doesn't need to be slowed etc, and you know up-front which powers will push/slide 2.  WSG requires slowing/immobilizing a target and keeping it slowed/stuck long enough to get another hit in, but its lack of stat requirements and weapon restrictions make it an attractive option anyway.

Common Synergies

What exciting things can be combined with these feats to make them even more awesome?  I could write volumes on Polearm Momentum alone (and I have -- check my handbook).  Flail Expertise has yet to be fully explored, and there's sure to be even more crazy materials to come out soon.  However, we can explore a few characteristic combinations.  I also have a bunch of prone-exploiting strategies in my handbook that I don't want to enumerate here, so these are but a few examples.

Flail Expertise

• I'm seeing a lot of people combine this with dragging flail to get back the slide they gave up.  The repositioning is very useful.

• Lashing Flail is common too, especially for essentials classes that do nothing but basic attacks.  For others, it helps prone with their charges, OAs, and defender attacks.  This forced movement is very useful for repositioning, especially when intercepting an attack against an ally (such as with Combat Challenge).  The prone greatly limits their options.

• Iron Star and Chainbinder are good paragon paths, and the feat line that goes with them are not bad either.

• Making a Trampling Dragon (Draconic Arrogance + Iron Vanguard) is somewhat easy, though con is not in line with flail stats.  Just the draconic arrogance half is good enough though, if you wish to dump con.  Note that flail builds do far more sliding than pushing, so they probably won't get as much out of this as a PM/WSG build, for example (though it's so much easier to set up with FE).

• Flail Expertise combines nicely with Hindering Shield to slow enemies.  Proned and slowed enemies are quite a bit more limited in their options, especially if you slide them 2+ squares away from yourself or allies.

World Serpent's Grasp

• Any method of slowing regularly becomes WSG fodder.  My favorite is a ranger using hobbling strike and multi-attack powers like twin strike.

• Hindering shield is probably the most obvious and common choice, but it inherently requires multi-attacking because HS's slow effect ends at the start of your next turn, before you can easily exploit it.  It's an easy source of self-generated slowing, though.  You can also have a wizard ally do lots of slowing, which is also common.

• Brawler fighters love WSG, not the least because of the Pin Down feat.  Pin the poor sucker to the floor and pummel him to within an inch of his life.  He must escape the grab or learn to live face-down and immobile.

• WSG's openness to weapons lends itself to using a hammer while pumping Str and Con.  Then build a trampling dragon for major extra damage every time you knock prone or push.  Should you find a reliable way to do this at-will and still keep the Str+Con stat synergy, it will be glorious.  However, most players don't bother doing WSG at-will and just get what daily and encounter power exploitation they can -- it's often nasty enough as it is.

Polearm Momentum

• Obvious options include the polearm shenanigans that come with Polearm Gamble and Forceful Opportunist.  An imaginary wall around you that punishes foes (with knockback and prone) for moving adjacent does interesting things to enemy behavior.

• PM builds tend to prone on the first hit, so multi-attacks like twin strike tend to exploit prone on the second attack nicely.  A multi-attacking ranger gets lots of combat advantage, for example.  This also goes very well with options like Headman's Chop, Gauntlets of Brutality, and Moonstalker.

• PM's brutal stat requirements leave you with a weaker Con, but the trampling dragon method is easy to do at-will.

• Some spellcasters love PM because it's often easy to get it working with their pushing and sliding spells.  This often allows proning and repositioning entire groups, even at-will (as wizard so easily does).

• Whether you are a wizard or have a wizard ally, exciting things happen when you push/slide and prone targets in an Acid Mire, Wall of Fire, or other artificial hazards.

That's enough for a first cut.

So!  Comments?  Corrections?  Suggestions?  Current favorites?  Have I been fair to each feat? (I know damn well I favor PM, but I tried to give a balanced analysis)  :D

Semi-Complete list of independent at-wills

As mentioned above, there are a few feats and at-will powers that let you prone at-will without using PM, WSG or FE.  I list these here for convenience.
Thanks to JamesManhatten and others for assembling this list and contributing!

Defenders
Fighter - Level 1 Attack - Knockdown Assault: does STR damage
Fighter - Heroic Feat - Staggering Challenge: give up damage to prone with CC attack.
Fighter (tielfing only) - Heroic Feat - Tail Trip: OA and CC prone in addition to doing full damage.

Controllers
Hunter - noLevel Attack - Clever Shot: Ranged Basic
Bladesinger - noLevel Free Action - Shadow Sever: Melee Basic adds DEX damage
Wizard - Level 1 Attack - Beast Switch: full damage only melee 1 ranged

Strikers
Barbarian - Epic Feat - Overpowering Charge: charges prone on hit, full damage.
Scout - noLevel Utility - Aspect of the Charging Ram: knock prone on a charge
Thief- noLevel Move - Unbalancing Trick: Melee Basic knocks prone (requires shift 2)
Monk - Level 1 Attack - Dragon's Tail: Full damage
Executioner - noLevel Attack - Bola Takedown or Quick Lunge or Whirling Kusari Gama: 1[W] damage or less

Leaders
Warlord - Heroic Feat - Risky Charge: Can charge to prone on a hit, but provoke a basic attack on a miss.
Warpriest or Cleric - Level 1 Attack - Fell Strike: (Domination domain) Full damage
(note: I'm not able to find this in the compendium)

Other
Warforged - Heroic Feat - Warforged Superiority: Prone on an OA, full damage.

When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work. And Stay Down: The Polearm Momentum Handbook
Reserved
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work. And Stay Down: The Polearm Momentum Handbook
Reserved.
Last reserved; feel free to post.
Flail isn't neccicaraly superior for MBA classes. Since spears can attack ref, and have their own nice feat.

Also, I don't think there's any combo flail, like there is combo spear/polearm (halbred/glaive/gouge). Though it does contain the only 1 handed reach (i'm presuming a miss print).

Polearm gamble also needs to be taken into consideration (paticulaly with a glaive/halbred).

I guess the bottom line is, if you're only after prone, flail wins. But if you want more (aoe, OA's), stay with PM.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Whip is no longer a flail, it is a "whip", so there are no 1 handed reach in any of the categories.
I still think that was a missprint.
there is no whip expertise.

guides
Power
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

No love for Quick Lunge or Unbalancing Trick?
I'd suggest a mention of Keep Them Close with regards to World Serpent's Grasp since it is an easy way to get (effectively) at-will slow for defenders at epic that can last for the entire encounter.
Don't forget the net, which is a flail and has its own feat support independent of that from flail expertise.
I'd suggest a mention of Keep Them Close with regards to World Serpent's Grasp since it is an easy way to get (effectively) at-will slow for defenders at epic that can last for the entire encounter.

It does have the cost of requiring the gladiator theme from Dark Sun, so it isn't going to be available to everyone and does require a specific theme.  Probably worth a mention, but it isn't going to apply for anyone who doesn't use themes or wants a different theme.
I almost didn't do the "synergies" section because there's so much that can be put there!  :D

Ranadiel & Eustacio: Good points on Keep them Close.  That's an excellent feat on its own and perfect for a WSG fighter.  It does require Gladiator theme though, and you must wait all the way until Epic to use it, so worth knowing.

Litejedi: I hadn't realized the net is a flail; good point and an interesting path.

jonathan_sicari: There's a number of proning at-will powers, which I suppose I could dedicate a section to.  I got mostly focused on the feats that allow at-will proning but can also extend to other aspects of the build such as encounter/daily powers, basic attacks (charging, OAs etc), and so on.  The feats can also be applied easily to another class (even PM which requires fighter is only 1 multiclass feat away from access).  That flexibility is really helpful.  I'll see about adding an "direct-proning at-will powers" section at some point though.

mellored: Good point on spears attacking reflex in Paragon.  That's actually a very nice advantage.

The dual-type spears and polearms are also a good point -- axe/spear, polearm/heavy blade, polearm/axe etc are useful for combining feats from two weapon groups onto the same attack.  And PG does get better when using a halberd (Knockback Swing) or glaive (Heavy Blade Opportunity).
Hmmm....

Net charger... 

guides
Power
my builds

I would mention mark of storm for flail expertise. 

For someone like a storm warpriest mark of storm + flail expertise is the easiest way to prone quickly, and they can even do it on a charge vs fort at will.  A human could be doing it at level 1 with a background that gave him flail proficiency.
Repel Charge + Knockback Swing + Polearm Momentum + Rushing Cleats. Use a gouge and monsters that charge you will automatically fly backwards and go prone before their charge resolves.
Static Motes with a group of pc with WSG...
then hybrid shaman yourself and put a world spirit there...
Also, I don't think there's any combo flail, like there is combo spear/polearm (halbred/glaive/gouge).

There isn't without another feat.  Otoh, Spiked Chain Training grants you a flail/light blade double weapon with reach eligible for all the light blade bennies. 

I could also see a scout/ranger type enjoy wielding a flail and heavy blade/axe for Prone/Headsman's Chop combo goodness.  (Need Flail Expertise and means to slide like lightning flail/Mark of Storm...).  Moonstalker/KAM ftw.

It does have the cost of requiring the gladiator theme from Dark Sun, so it isn't going to be available to everyone and does require a specific theme.  Probably worth a mention, but it isn't going to apply for anyone who doesn't use themes or wants a different theme.

While it does have the requirement of being in a campaign which allows themes and specifically themes from Dark Sun, it can still work if you want a different theme. The way the pieces fit together, you could have one party member as the "slower" and another as the "proner." So have a swordmage total aegis everything on the field and then the rest of the party with WSG can keep them prone even if the defender doesn't have WSG.
^ that.

An importaint advantage of WSG.  Requirements can be split with the party.

Like a bola wizard and a WSG ranger.

guides
Power
my builds

Bravura Presence Warlord with Risky Charge? Worth a mention, surely...
The Great Gray Skwid Humblest Mollusk on the Net
Runepriest Word of Binding (At Will Immobilization) with WSG.  Low damage, but fun control
Okay, I severely underestimated how much free time I'd have this week.  :D  Don't worry, I'm not ignoring you guys... I'm just been caught up in other stuff that's more threatening if ignored (day job... sigh).

These are all excellent ideas.  The point about WSG's potential for splitting among the party is especially important for me to list since many players do exactly that.
^ that.

A bola wizard??
^ that.

A bola wizard??

A wizard (hybrid cleric i think) that uses a bola.  Adds imobilize to everything.

guides
Power
my builds

^ that.

A bola wizard??

A wizard (hybrid cleric i think) that uses a bola.  Adds imobilize to everything.

How do you turn the bola into a weapliment? Or is the wizard making ranged weapon attacks?
^ that.

A bola wizard??

How do you turn the bola into a weapliment? Or is the wizard making ranged weapon attacks?

Disrupting Weapon / Weapon of Evil Undone.  So yea, need a holy symbol to do it.

Guess a pacifist cleric might work pretty well too.

guides
Power
my builds

^ that.

A bola wizard??

Disrupting Weapon / Weapon of Evil Undone.  So yea, need a holy symbol to do it.

Guess a pacifist cleric might work pretty well too.

How did I not notice this before? *gears in head turning*
I'll put this here for completion because this conversation the first thing that comes up when you google "At-Will Prone" and technically the topic encompasses these.

Defenders
Fighter - Level 1 Attack - Knockdown Assault: does STR damage

Controllers
Hunter - noLevel Attack - Clever Shot: Ranged Basic
Bladesinger - noLevel Free Action - Shadow Sever: Melee Basic adds DEX damage
Wizard - Level 1 Attack - Beast Switch: full damage only melee 1 ranged

Strikers
Scout - noLevel Utility  - Aspect of the Charging Ram: knock prone on a charge
Thief- noLevel Move  - Unbalancing Trick: Melee Basic knocks prone (requires shift 2)
Monk - Level 1 Attack - Dragon's Tail: Full damage
Executioner - noLevel Attack - Bola Takedown or Quick Lunge or Kusari Gama: 1[W] damage

Leaders
Warpriest or Cleric - Level 1 Attack - Fell Strike: (Domination domain) Full damage

Requires Flail Expertise
Fighter - Level 1 Attack - Footwork Lure:  Full damage
Hexblade (Gloom Pact) - noLevel Attack - Flesh Rend: full damage and counts as melee basic
Warlock - Level 1 Attack - Eldritch Strike:  full damage and melee basic
Avenger- Level 1 Attack - Overwhelming Strike: Full damage
Rogue - Level 1 Attack - Duelists's Flurry: (Requires Light Blade so can be done with Spiked Chain)
Ardent - Level 3 Attack - Unsteadying Rebuke: Full Damage
Battlemind - Level 3 Attack - Wrenching Claw: Full Damage

Any class - Melee Basic - (Paragon feat "Lashing Flail") can be done with Spiked Chain (Light Blade)

Ranger - Level 1 - Twin Strike and two Nets (requires World Serpent's Grasp) and requires two hits.
You forgot Footwork Lure - fighter, level 1, at will, prone with flail expertise, 1[w]+str.
The trouble with trying to enumerate every at-will that can be combined with a feat to cause prone is, there's a lot of them.  :D  The guide in my sig lists a great many that can be combined with Polearm Momentum, and it's out of date.  And the list has grown since...

Some of those (and others not listed) can be combined with Flail Expertise too.  A much more limited subset can be combined with World Serpent's Grasp (either using hindering shield to slow on a multiattack, or more directly using a slowing at-will and proning every other turn).

So we might instead list them like this:

-At-wills that prone directly without support (give full list)
--knockdown assault
--dragon's tail
--etc

-At-wills, basic attacks etc that prone with specific feat support (fighting style feats and such, usually that enhance that at-will by name).  This includes things that let you prone on a charge, OA, etc.
--Aspect of the Charging Ram
--staggering challenge
--Shield Push + PM (CC)
--etc

-At-will powers and other at-will methods (like charges) that can be combined with PM, WSG or FE to prone.  These are usually powers that cause forced movement or slow.  They typically also affect your encounter and daily attack powers.  I would list only a few noteworthy examples in this section to describe the wide variety to the reader, as the PM list in my guide alone is quite large.
--(any powers that push/slide naturally) + PM.  For example: fighter's footwork lure (repositions self), wizard's beguiling strands (close blast 5), or warlock's eldritch strike (melee basic attack).
--(any melee powers that slide naturally) + Flail Expertise: fighter's footwork lure, warlock's eldritch strike, etc
--Mark of Storm + either Flail Expertise or PM
--Swift Spear + Flail Expertise (OAs)
--Grasping Shards + WSG
--Cleave + longhand student + PM
--and so on

EDIT: BTW, thank you for your list, you covered items I didn't know about.  I'm not saying "don't do that, it's impossible to cover them all", I'm just pointing out that we've got a big task ahead and may want to choose a way to organize them ahead of time.  ^_^

Edit2: In fact, that may be a good way to structure a guide on proning at-will.
Section 1 describes at-will powers and class features that prone right out of the box with no support or finagling required.  This is a very small list, so we can make it fairly complete.
Section 2 describes patchwork changes that make a charge or OA or specific power prone without much effort.  It specifically excludes PM, FE, and WSG, because they get their own section.
Section 3 then gets into Polearm Momentum, Flail Expertise, and WSG, which are the big 3 in prone builds that want to prone more generally than with specific powers.  This section starts with a direct back-to-back comparison of each of the options (PM has high requirements, FE is easy but flails and melee only, WSG requires slow/immobilized and hindering shield is hard to exploit at-will, etc).  Then it goes into detailed subsections dedicated to getting each of these options working.
I've updated the guide with your list (plus some additions to cover a few feats I could remember).  I also included a blurb in the comparison section to cover such methods, and cleaned up the guilde a bit.  Thanks JamesManhatten.