White Weenie!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I finally finished building my white weenie deck and I have to say I'm very impressed by the results I've been getting from it.  As of now it's standard but some of the cards are about to rotate and since I love this deck so much I'm saying **** playing standard and I'm just gona stick with modern ^^;  Here's the deck build, tell me what you guys think or if you have any suggestions  

Day of Judgment x3
Honor of the Pure x4
Armored Ascension x3
Oblivion Ring x4
Journey to Nowhere x4
Brave the Elements x4

Knight Exemplar x4
Accorder Paladin x4
Student of Warfare x4     Thinking about replacing these with Grand Abolisher because they're so ****ing awesome lol XD
Mirran Crusader x4
Leonin Skyhunter x3

Plains x19
Will prolly be too slow to compete in modern, extended would be a better fit, if anyone played it anymore.

Also if you want Grand Abolisher in there i would suggest removing accorder paladin or possibly leonin skyhunter, definitely not the Student he is a bomb one drop.
This deck usually starts out pacing most other people I've played after turn 2 or 3 so I personally think it's pretty fast.  Of course we all have our games where we just get completly ****ed haha.  And yea, thinking back on it, the skyhunters would be a better choice to replace with the Abolishers.  I mean, I have Armored Ascentions for flying lol :P
-3 DoJ -4 Knight Exemplar -3 Armored Ascension -4 Journey -4 Plains, -4 Knight Exemplar

+4 Path to Exile +4 Figure of Destiny +4 Spectral Procession +4 Windbrisk Heights +4 Knight of Meadowgrain +2 Cloudgoat Ranger.

Bonus Points if you just move to kithkin which is probably a bit stronger than straight white weenie.
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.
You should check out builds of Death and Taxes.  It is a white weenie deck that has little bit of aggro, control, and combo.  It was created for Legacy, but I have been playing a Modern build for a few weeks now and it is quite fun, and pretty effective.  I would say that it is a tier 2 deck, when well piloted, but it requires a very skilled player to get it working like it can.

My build is:
Land:
14 Snow-Covered Plains
4 Scrying Sheets
4 Ghost Quarter
1 Tectonic Edge

Creatures:
2 Ethersworn Canonist
3 Aven Mindcensor
3 Flickerwisp
3 Kitchen Finks
4 Leonin Arbiter
3 Serra Avenger
2 Stonecloaker
4 Student of Warfare
4 Mangara of Corondor

Other Spells:
2 Oblivion Ring
3 Path to Exile
4 Aether Vial

There are some complicated interactions, and if you go over to MTG Salvation you will find a good explanation of how they work.

Agree on Death & Taxes. That decklist looks solid.

Reagrding Grand Abolisher: Don't play it. Period. It is terrible. I had it played against me a fair bit in standard, when I was playing U/B control. It did nothing. I just Disfigured it on my turn, leaving my opponent staring blankly (wondering why I didn't scoop when it resolved?). We control players tend to board out counterspells against aggressive decks like this one, to make room for more removal, so that wasn't even an inconvienice to me. You'd be better off focusing on killing your opponent, rather than slightly inconviencing them.

On the other hand, Gaddock Teeg would actually help you (though you would need to add another colour), because he stops the opponent from playing board sweepers.
Agree on Death & Taxes. That decklist looks solid.

Reagrding Grand Abolisher: Don't play it. Period. It is terrible. I had it played against me a fair bit in standard, when I was playing U/B control. It did nothing.

I agree.  I played Abolisher, and for most matchups Ethersworn Canonist is just better.  It is still easily removed, but it can hinder more decks, and is easier to cast.  Most of the time that does not matter, but if you are packing utility lands (and you should), it will occasionally be a factor.
This deck usually starts out pacing most other people I've played after turn 2 or 3 so I personally think it's pretty fast.  Of course we all have our games where we just get completly ****ed haha.  And yea, thinking back on it, the skyhunters would be a better choice to replace with the Abolishers.  I mean, I have Armored Ascentions for flying lol :P

I mean no offense, but you need to face some better decks.  A well tuned Zoo deck will SLAUGHTER your build, and so will affinity.  Living End will hold you off long enough to combo out, and so will Melira.  You really don't know fast until you face some real aggro decks, and it would do you well to play a half dozen games against one so that you can see how high the bar is set.

Sign In to post comments