ICD - Telling Time

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Telling Time

Isn't this the best filter still available in Modern? Like Preordain and Brainstorm, it allows you to get rid of unwanted cards, as long as there's only one of them. It also has the important advantage of being an instant.
In Legacy, Blue is the best color. Let's punish blue, in Modern. And they listened!
peer through the depths is better. But it is the fact that it costs 2 which keeps it from seeing play. Peer digs 5 deep and is arcane, so desperate ritual works with it.
We also have two other one drop filters in the current format, sleight of hand & serum visions
Peer through Depths is only really playable in combo (where, it must be granted, it's great) and maybe in some kind of UBx control, if such a deck materializes. I was thinking more general (or trying to). Sleight of Hand and Serum Visions only show you 2 cards, Telling Time shows you 3.
In Legacy, Blue is the best color. Let's punish blue, in Modern. And they listened!
Telling Time is terrible.

There have been a million times when I cast it and have to pick my poison of which irrelevent garbage I want on top.

No thanks. 
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Well, since 12-post no longer exists, there's certainly the possibility of gifts ungiven finally being playable. Aggro is obviously an issue, but chalice of the void, explosives, and ensnaring bridge are all more than good enough to deal with affinity or zoo until you hit t4.

Photobucket

There have been a million times when I cast it and have to pick my poison of which irrelevent garbage I want on top.

No thanks. 

why are you playing irreleven garbage in the first place?

No thanks. 

Rofl what a zinger!

Photobucket
Regardless of zingers, there are better options out there
I never quite got why Ponder was the second filter of choice, since I just found myself using Preordain and Serum Visions together. I think Ponder is good, but it doesn't compliment Preordain as well as blind cantrip, and then scry2 for a deeper dig (which is what makes Preordain so awesome in the first place)
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)

No thanks. 

Rofl what a zinger!

No joke!

Islands have I got a quote for you from Friday.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes