Q3 Development Update

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there any word on when we'll see the Q3 development update?
Its just going to say the same thing as the Q2 update + a little more on the new UI.
indeed, shiv.

likewise I am sure it will contain nothing on leagues - so for anyone else waiting for news on that front, I am betting it is still a case of "check back in 2013".
M:tG Rules Adviser
It will also be proceeding on schedule.
It will also be proceeding on schedule.

But we're never actually told what the "schedule" is.   Undecided  

The schedule is that the next client will be released half-baked when the prior client has self-destructed to the point at which it is financially disadvantageous for WotC to continue supporting it, regardless of how poorly received the next client is in beta testing and how many features are not or poorly implemented.

There, done writing WotC's MTGO software schedules for all time.
Q? Developement Update

Blah Blah Blah, collation server on track.  Blah Blah Blah success with back-end improvements that mean nothing to your experience.  Blah Blah Blah, we're a success and on schedule.  Blah Blah Blah, beta testing.  Blah blah blah, coefficients of 25.  Blah Blah blah, people are spending money in droves.  Blah blah blah, typos. 
DCI Certified Level 2 Judge
Seriously, no official response to this thread at all? Even if the update is more of the same it is better than nothing at all. I mean, particularly given that we were told in, what, Q1 that an open beta was going to begin sometime around mid-year and we are now in Q4 with no such development in sight I would have thought that might call for an explanation.
Seriously, no official response to this thread at all? Even if the update is more of the same it is better than nothing at all. I mean, particularly given that we were told in, what, Q1 that an open beta was going to begin sometime around mid-year and we are now in Q4 with no such development in sight I would have thought that might call for an explanation.

I imagine it's going through a myriad of byzantine channels (which do not include spell checking), and will be posted late, and will consist of what BatDwarf said... 

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

Written and approved at several levels, almost through the process. Should be posted pretty soon. Thanks for your patience folks.
Its just going to say the same thing as the Q2 update + a little more on the new UI.

I sure hope not, we never GOT the Q2 update! But you won't hear wotc about that, no sir. Anyway, nice to see Worth descended from mount Olympus to toss the mortals a bone, I am looking forward to seeing how that beta is coming along that they said would come in Q2 2011.
"Leagues are coming and soon."

I am looking forward to seeing how that beta is coming along that they said would come in Q2 2011.

Quite good, thank you. Phase one completed, with lots of feedback, waiting on phase two while testing Innistrad.

Go draft, young man, go draft!

I am looking forward to seeing how that beta is coming along that they said would come in Q2 2011.

Quite good, thank you. Phase one completed, with lots of feedback, waiting on phase two while testing Innistrad.

Am I missing something? Is this sarcasm? There was a beta of the new client and no one discussed it on the boards?

I sure hope not, we never GOT the Q2 update! But you won't hear wotc about that, no sir. Anyway, nice to see Worth descended from mount Olympus to toss the mortals a bone, I am looking forward to seeing how that beta is coming along that they said would come in Q2 2011.

How about you do 5 seconds of research and get your facts right before ranting about something?  here is the Q2 update:
www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

As for the beta - testers aren't allowed to talk about it (just like almost every other beta).  As stated in the latest development update, things are moving along.  
Am I missing something? Is this sarcasm? There was a beta of the new client and no one discussed it on the boards?

Yes, no, and beta has its own boards.

How about you do 5 seconds of research and get your facts right before ranting about something?  here is the Q2 update:
www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

As for the beta - testers aren't allowed to talk about it (just like almost every other beta).  As stated in the latest development update, things are moving along.  

No need to snap at me mate. I was waiting for the update on these boards, and the latest we got here is the Q1 update with a message by Bubba that the Q2 is still at the devs. Shame he didn't update the thread. I'll go read the update now, thanks for the link.
I'll go read the update now, thanks for the link.

No need - Batdwarf has already provided an accurate summary of both updates earlier in this thread. ;)

*ahem*NDA*ahem*

No need to snap at me mate. I was waiting for the update on these boards, and the latest we got here is the Q1 update with a message by Bubba that the Q2 is still at the devs. Shame he didn't update the thread. I'll go read the update now, thanks for the link.

Sorry about that. I was busy finishing up my Ph.D. around that time and didn't have time to update the status thread (there wasn't much new anyway). There was a discussion thread on it though. The new status thread has links to all the Dev updates, including the Q2 update I didn't update the status thread for.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert

*ahem*NDA*ahem*

Great, now you've stolen their Q4 update! :P

*ahem*NDA*ahem*

Great, now you've stolen their Q4 update! :P

So did Gordon; this is posted in his Q3 update:

New Client
The new client UI is up and running in a closed beta for select users alongside the Innistrad beta users. We will add more and more users to the new client in the beta environment as stability improves. Our intention is to have the new client available at the same time as the current client for some period of time when it is launched so players can make the switch at their own pace.

And this is from Bubba's status thread:

User Interface
Status updated this report
The new client is now in closed external beta. It  is being constructed using Windows Presentation Foundation.   Development  was forced to move away from Silverlight due to several  issues with  integration to the existing server infrastructure.  Because  of this  change, the new client will NOT support non-Windows operating  systems as  was hoped.

External beta will be expanded to include more players as client development progresses, culminating in an open beta before release.

Go draft, young man, go draft!

Yes, but what's acceptable for a WotC employee to disclose may not be acceptable for YOU to disclose.

Guess what? Chicken butt.

Yes, but what's acceptable for a WotC employee to disclose may not be acceptable for YOU to disclose.

+1 Sealed

Let Wotc know that Standard Pauper needs in game support! WoTc does listen! HERE

BETA BOARDS Moderator

Want to know about the next Magic Online Player Run Events? Then click the link and check it out!

Making MTGO a better place by BETA testing!

How to apply for beta

Community Cup Player 2011

Sign In to post comments