Flail Expertise to Dragging Flail to Battering Shield

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi all,

Let's assume you are wielding a flail heavy shield and have Lashing Flail (MBAs slide 1 square), Flail Expertise (may prone instead of slide), Dragging Flail (slide 1 square when you prone with a flail) and Battering Shield (add 1 to melee slides and pushes with a heavy shield).

I follow the chain of events that changes a slide 1 into a prone and slide 1.  The question is does the attack slide 2 after the prone?  I think the matter comes down to is the last slide from them melee attack that started the chain, or is it the feat that causes the slide?

I'm interested in everyone's opinion on this one.

_insert name here_
Dragging Flail doesn't say you slide them one square as a free action, so it's not part of a separate action, it's a slide added to the attack, so I'd say yes, you prone and slide two. Incidentally, that's a neat trick, I may have to steal that.
I don't quite understand this. Unless those feats give you more than that it seems a waste of a feat slot.
Prejudice and Discrimination CardUtility 1
[Insert flavor text here ...]
@will Psychic, Fire(Special)
No Action - Forum
Target:Trolls
Effect: You summon every internet troll within 2 clicks.
Size : Gigantic Immune Psychic (It doesn't care what you think) Immune Fire (Special): Flaming powers are what internet troll's feed on. Every flaming point regenerates them by the same amount. Special: If their target has a vulnerability their attacks inflict damage of that type.

It could potentially be a nice setup for a Knight, all your MBAs (i.e. all of your attacks) would slide two and prone.
I don't quite understand this. Unless those feats give you more than that it seems a waste of a feat slot.

If it's essentials then he's making MBAs all the time anyway, although, 3 feats is kind of a lot.

Better off to take an at-will that slides (Warlock's Eldritch Strike, Rogue's Duelist's Flurry) and use a flail (spiked chain, anyone?). Then it's only 2 feats (or 3 for the rogue, but spiked chains are AMAZING anyway for rogues) and you're sliding/proning at-will. Pretty damn amazing, actually.

Oh, hmm, Dragging Flail is fighter only. Rogue would have to MC, lose spiked chain... hmm HMM... Hybrid?

I can't find Flail Expertise anywhere, can someone link it?
Flail Expertise is in the new Mordenkainen book.  From what I understand, it's standard stacking expertise, with the rider being you can replace a slide with knocking prone.

I'm actually doing it with a Weaponmaster designed to have a brutally punishing mark.

_insert name here_
Add in the Iron Vanguard PP, and you'll be dealing con modifier damage on every prone.
Flail Expertise is in the new Mordenkainen book.  From what I understand, it's standard stacking expertise, with the rider being you can replace a slide with knocking prone.

I'm actually doing it with a Weaponmaster designed to have a brutally punishing mark.

_insert name here_

Ahh, okay, so it's not on the Compendium yet?

I just built hybrid rogue/fighter and by Her Beauty it's looking good.

At level 2:

Duelist's Flurry: Prone and slide and I shift, deal sneak attack if I want. Not so amazing damage.
Footwork Lure: Prone and slide and I shift, marked.
Riposte Strike: The riposte allows me to deal sneak attack damage again out of turn, good to combine with a mark via Action Point. I may replace it, but with Str/Dex build Sly Flourish is out. Considering Clever Strike, or Threatening Rush for multi-mark.
Funneling Flurry: Prone, slide, mark 2 targets.
Dueling's Prowess: Get that sneak attack damage out of turn and also against marked targets.
Pass Forward: Flank forever.

Feats:
Dragging Flail, Flail Expertise, Spiked Chain Training [MC]

Will grab the Tempest Technique for +1 to all attacks and +2 damage for anything that's a single attack (basically everything but funneling flurry). 
That looks pretty good to me 

I would really consider Clever Strike, though.  It's a brutally effective way to get sneak attack at reach.

_insert name here_
That looks pretty good to me 

I would really consider Clever Strike, though.  It's a brutally effective way to get sneak attack at reach.

_insert name here_

Yeah, with Pass Forward it might not be that big of a deal, especially if I'm half tanking.

Oh well, it's all theoretical anyway. Thanks for the input and the idea! 
Sign In to post comments