TO Question

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Not sure if this is in the right place, but...I just started being a TO for FNM's after a couple year break. I was wondering what are the rules concerning players calling out thing such as "must abilities" and missed triggers. Are spectators allowed to call that out or do they need to call the TO or judge over. Thank you.
Spectators are not to intervene in matches. If they think they see a rules violation, they can (and should!) quietly inform a judge, who should take care of the situation if it needs taking care of.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
Spectators are not to intervene in matches. If they think they see a rules violation, they can (and should!) quietly inform a judge, who should take care of the situation if it needs taking care of.

Just to clarify: the spectator can tell the players to stop playing until a Judge is found, but nothing beyond that.

This is true at the lower RELs.  At the professional REL, the spectators cannot interfere at all.

Thank you for the clairfacation. A few years ago the TO that was training me told me that was allowed at FNM level....I questioned it when the idea was brought up with me today. I always knew that was not ok at a higher REL.