Promo card in booster draft.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Most pre-releases I've attended have allowed players to use pre-release promo cards with their boosters for drafting. 

Meaning, for Innistrad I would be able to set down Mayor of Avabruck in front of me. Open my first booster and draft. So would everyone else.

For the first time, I've started hearing that this isn't allowed. That it's against the magic rules. Yet, I cannot find evidence otherwise. However, I see posts elsewhere that people were allowed to do so. Such as the promo Sun Titans when they came out. Everyone was able to use them because everyone got them.

If this is actually against magic rules, could you help me find where it says so? 
MAGIC: THE GATHERING® TOURNAMENT RULES
Effective July 1, 2011

7.3 Card Use in Limited Tournaments
Cards must be received directly from tournament officials. This product must be new and previously unopened. Some Pro Tour, Grand Prix, and National Championship events may have had boosters opened in order to stamp them. Each player (or team) must be given exactly the same quantity and type of product as all other players participating in the tournament. For example, if one player receives three Scars of Mirrodin boosters for a booster draft, all other players must also receive three Scars of Mirrodin boosters.
Other than basic land, only cards from the expansions of the boosters opened (and only cards opened in that player’s pool) may be used in a player’s deck. For example, in a Magic 2011 Sealed Deck tournament, any card in a booster other then the Magic 2011 game cards received by the player and basic land may not be used in a player’s deck during that tournament.

Also, the Innistrahd Prereleases page specifies that only the booster packs can be used to build a deck.
No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.
Thank you so much for the fast reply!
That's interesting because every Pre-Release I've played in (starting with Rise of the Eldrazi)  hasn't allowed you to use your promo card.

Wouldn't it have been sick to be able to use Emrakul?