[ISD-ICD] Infernal Plunge

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
Infernal Plunge r
Sorcery (C)

As an additional cost to cast Infernal Plunge, sacrifice a creature.
Add {R}{R}{R} to your mana pool.
lolwut

source?
Janky Dark Ritual, hmm
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Infernal Plunge 
Sorcery (C)

Add  to your mana pool.

Hmmmm... I like this new red tutor. Can easily turn a chump blocker / attacker into a huge inferno cloud of death.
Infernal Plunge 
Sorcery (C)

Add  to your mana pool.

Hmmmm... I like this new red tutor. Can easily turn a chump blocker / attacker into a huge inferno cloud of death.

it's sorcery speed, so i don't think it can do those things
Infernal Plunge 
Sorcery (C)

Add  to your mana pool.

it's sorcery speed, so i don't think it can do those things

Son of a... that'll teach me to play with leyline of anticipation too much.
Two of these and two memnights = 5 mama on turn 1

And it only cost you four cards.

WHY IS THIS NOT BLACK!

It flavorfully should have been black, sacrificing guys into mana power is a completely and utterly black thing.

Note soldevi adnate sacrifice burnt offering etc.....

even the name could be black. R&D's only theoretical reason for sticking it red is because they think that "mana accell belongs in red" now even though it NEVER made any sense what so ever.

Then they proceed to still massively overcost black cards because dark ritural existed once upon a time.

This makes me rather annoyed.

w00t hit my 1000th post on 4/25/2010
Show
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

56859838 wrote:
Well obviously goblins breed at a rate of millions of times per year, thus in a few years they had evolved into a new species... you know or....
Show
63344365 wrote:
Your asking for proof that the ocean is wet, while your standing on the beach.
56733088 wrote:
Are these rankings all anonymus? Can I go rank everybody I think is mafia with 1 star?
•Collecting a complete foil set of Zendikar block both on Magic Online and in paper Magic does not entitle you to one (1) free Richard Garfield. Because that would be slavery, and slavery is bad.
slayer of fluffy, and single handedly annoyed half of the flavor/storyline group in one fell swoop[/sblock]
Famous overpowered black cards fixed and moved to red in this set: 2.

WHY IS THIS NOT BLACK!

It flavorfully should have been black, sacrificing guys into mana power is a completely and utterly black thing.

even the name could be black. R&D's only theoretical reason for sticking it red is because they think that "mana accell belongs in red" now even though it NEVER made any sense what so ever.

Then they proceed to still massively overcost black cards because dark ritural existed once upon a time.

hurf durf

And it only cost you four cards.

5 mamas ain't cheap.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I'm still mad they didn't print Vindicate in green.

WHY IS THIS NOT BLACK!

hurf durf

i smell troll.
Show
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

56859838 wrote:
Well obviously goblins breed at a rate of millions of times per year, thus in a few years they had evolved into a new species... you know or....
Show
63344365 wrote:
56733088 wrote:
Are these rankings all anonymus? Can I go rank everybody I think is mafia with 1 star?
•Collecting a complete foil set of Zendikar block both on Magic Online and in paper Magic does not entitle you to one (1) free Richard Garfield. Because that would be slavery, and slavery is bad.
slayer of fluffy, and single handedly annoyed half of the flavor/storyline group in one fell swoop[/sblock]
I'd rather see a non arcane Desperate Ritual. Actually they already have that don't they?
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
turn 1 ornithopter>>sac>>>>this>>>Kruin outlaw = turn 2 3/3 double striker that can only be double blocked?

Shenanigans, this card.

Shenanigans.

"Meow Meow Meow I'm a kitty GAIN 100 LIFE." - Some genius

Guess now we know why Ornithopter wasn't in M12.

With only Memnite available the RW shenanigans that could have been possible are too unlikely.

Glint Hawk, Memnite, Memnite, Mox Opal, Mountain, Infernal Plunge(sac Memnite), Kruin Outlaw

Attack for minimum 5 potentially 9 T2.

GG?
This is not janky. Compared with pyretic ritual this makes one more mana and is cheaper to cast than seething song. With help from mana dorks you get 5 mana on turn 2.

Lol, I so want to play this in eternal with veteran explorer...
IMAGE(http://www.projektstarwars.de/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16432&dateline=1299412590) Fallen Star Verlag Play Legacy! Decks: Legacy Natural Order/Hulk EDH Iname, Death Aspect / Rosheen Meanderer Casual Elves! I petition for the removal of the mythic rarity.
uh... a standard reason to possibly use the new red yawgwin
Use with Priest of Urabrask to get 3 mana! Tongue out
Best set ever^best set ever^Richard Garfield.
This card wants you to believe that it is good, when in reality it is very bad.

First, you need a creature to sacrifice...which more than likely requires another card from your hand.

Second, for those of you who want to use memnite on turn 1, good luck getting that perfect hand. I think it is a bad idea to build around a utility card such as this. This cannot compare to dark ritual in the least bit.
HOW TO AUTOCARD! When posting in a text box, type [c]Plains[/c] to make your post showPlains.
Are you making a casual mill deck? Please read.
Control is the key of a mill deck. You should free up your mana as much as possible so that you can respond to whatever your opponent is doing. Having some way to remove threats, both real and percieved, is necessary to survival. Real threats are those that are already on the field, and are something a simple unsummon or doom blade can remove. Percieved threats are those that aren't on the field, something a simple duress or counterspell can deal with. Controlling the board will allow your mill deck to continuously perform, if you use permanent style mill, that is. One-Shot Mill spells are something you should avoid. You can toss tome scours at your opponent until your hand runs out, but that isn't going to be enough to mill them to death. With 1-shot mill spells, like tome scour, you have to treat them like burn spells. Therefore, the only "good" 1-shot mill spells are sanity grinding (in the right deck) and mind funeral. Try to find more permanent styles of milling, like memory erosion, hedron crab, and curse of the bloody tome, so that you don't have to waste your mana each turn doing something that those permanents can do with a single mana/turn investment. Keeping your mana open allows you to respond with control elements. ​Traumatize Rant​. Traumatize is a terrible card for a multitude of reasons. First, it costs 5 to cast, which is a large investment for a mill deck. Milling half a library sounds neat, but if you do the math, it really isn't that much. An average 60 card deck starts with drawing 7 cards. Then, barring any draw spells on their end, or ramp on yours, 5 turns will go by, where they draw 5 more cards, leaving 48 in the deck. Unless they had a deck with more than 60 cards, or you ramped it out, the most you'll ever mill with a single Traumatize on turn 5 is 24 cards. That's not too shabby, but hang on, there's more! If they drew any additional cards or if they were milled before turn 5, that number will be much lower. In addition, any more Traumatize's you draw will only mill less and less as the game goes on...which is the point of a mill deck. My whole point on Traumatize is the it is NOT worth the 5 mana investment, not even with haunting echoes. You can mill more than 24 before turn 5...which you can then cast the echoes. If you look at a mill deck like a burn deck, you'll notice that it takes longer to win with mill than with burn. For example, lightning bolt costs 1 and does 3 out of the 20 damage needed to win (barring any lifegain or damage prevention). For mill, that same investment of 1 would have to mill 9 cards out of an average 60 card deck to be the equivilent of lightning bolt. The problem is that there is no mill card that can do that...except hedron crab, over a period of time. The initial investment of 1 will pay off in 3 more land drops to make the crab equal to a bolt. However, the crab nets you more mill beyond those 3 land drops, making it better as the game draws on. Other cards, like curse of the bloody tome, are excellent ways of milling an opponent because the initial investment of is all you have to pay in order to put your opponent on a clock. All you have to do is stay alive, which is the true goal of a mill strategy. There are other ideas for mill decks that are specific to certain types of strategies. Combo mill decks can mill an entire player's library out from under them. Secondary mill strategies are usually tied to another strategy, like drowner of secrets in a merfolk deck, or halimar excavator in an ally deck. Milling can be done in certain decks that are able to ramp out enough mana to make use of the higher costing mill spells, like using 16 post to pay for X on sands of delirium or for ambassador laquatus. Multiplayer mill decks are even tougher to build, but can be done. Being a slower environment, it is easier to ramp in multiplayer, allowing for big X spells, like mind grind, to be useful. Consuming aberration is another star player. The more straightforward strategy is to use mesmeric orb and dreamborn muse while being the only deck at the table that can deal with it. There are always new strategies coming out with each set, so check gatherer for any new mill cards that you find to be the most fun for you! Now you can say that you haven't fallen into the trap that most new players fall into when they build their first mill deck!
i smell troll.

Have you tried deodorant?
How do you plan to cast hellkite?
Chancellor of the Forge, for all you 4-for-1 card disadvantage people.

Here's your god-draw:
Chancellor of the Forge x2
This x2, or x1 and a different red ritual
Mountain
Geosurge
Furyborn Hellkite

12/12 Flyer on turn 1.
turn 1 or 2 urabrask is going to be nasty, it just snuffs aggro
Red Culling the Weak that produces one less mana.

(Did culling the weak really need to be nerfed?  It has a lot of hoops to jump through...).

This card really doesn't impress me; spending 2 extra cards for 2 extra mana, and most of the time you need to spend additional mana on one of those cards first.

Well...except it DOES seem decent with Past in Flames (correct me if I'm wrong, but PiF reads "The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost", so...that means you don't have to pay the sacrifice cost when you flash it back from the graveyard?)

Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

How do you plan to cast hellkite?

Geosurge makes seven mana, and Gut Shot will provide the damage for bloodthirst.  It's impractical, but it's theoretically possible.
Oh, you meant instead. On the draw to me meant topdeck it after myr.
I miss Thopter =[

I'm glad this card exists. 
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Oh, you meant instead. On the draw to me meant topdeck it after myr.

Oh, nah.  A turn one Myr Battlesphere doesn't really need to be followed.  :P
i smell troll.

Have you tried deodorant?

yup, thats a troll...
Show
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green

56859838 wrote:
Show
63344365 wrote:
56733088 wrote:
This *may* just make Yawgwin V.2 Standard playable, provided you have some other mana accel and some way to drop the deathblast into the grave.

WHY IS THIS NOT BLACK!

I agree, there sense of flavor seems to be off on this one, really not sure who is thinking of this stuff. Maybe it is the same guy that thought Burnt Offereing should be a black card.

Interesting, I do like sacing things in red for stuff, and this is an easy way to get that morbid trigger. 

How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
Not a fan of this one.
'if that creature is a virgin, add to your mana pool instead.'
I guess if you need to kill a 1 toughness creature that your opponent simply refuses to block your Goblin Arcinist with, I guess this would be an acceptable use for that card (and ramp your mana that turn)
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I think they deliberately nerfed this ritual because of Yawgwin in Standard. It's still pretty good, though.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Sign In to post comments