DoTP player database

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
I thought it might be a nice idea to collect together the usernames and gameplay times for lots of users, to help everyone find like-minded gamers. If successful, I'll keep this initial post up to date with every new user that adds their details.

If you want to be added, please present your information something like this:

D12/D9/Both; System(s); Username(s); Timezone; Preferred days/times; Other info such as favourite format, seriousness, whether you'd be a mentor

If you put your name down, then you should be happy for other users to contact you and ask for games (of course you don't have to agree!) Having the forum usernames linked to the game usernames I think could help the forum become a way of meeting up for games via PM as well. Feel free to use this thread to arrange games as well if you like! I'll make the template below, and add entries as they are posted. Hope it's useful!

D12 (New DoTP)

Xbox:
GT/forum name = AceMathias, AceMathias
Timezone = 0 (UK)
Times = some evenings through the week (6-11pm) and most of saturday
Format = 1 vs 1
Seriousness = Pretty, play to win every game, no shenanigans though
Mentor = prob not, although am open to chat through the game and can offer some advice if requested.

GT/forum name = Grandmaster Gee, Grandmaster_G
Timezone = GMT +0
Times = some evenings through the week sometimes saturday
Format = 1 vs 1 and 4 player FFA (Ranked and Player)
Seriousness = I tend to use lower-teir decks (Machinations) and play for fun....but I like to win too

GT/forum name = Midguy, Midguy
Timezone = CST (US)
Times = random.  Mostly weekends and late evenings on weekdays.
Format = 1v1 , 2HG, play Xbox but mostly play PS3
Seriousness = Play to win but deck diversity is strongly encouraged
Mentor = No

GT/forum name = tWyZtD7/twyztd7
Timezone = Eastern (New York)
Times = Not sure really.  Work tends to be sporadic with hours, but generally late nights, some afternoons through the week.
Format = Whichever is fine.  Ranked if you want some easy wins but otherwise I'm up for player
Seriousness = I like to try to win, but it's utterly impossible for me to be serious on a video game (dunno if that's good or bad)
Mentor = Yes, yes I could use a mentor =P

GT/forum name = Hanndicap, Hanndicap
Timezone: Central
Times: anytime
Format: any
Seriousness: whichever my partner is feeling. i can be casual or serious
Mentor: no, not good at it 

PS3:
PSN-id/forum name = ShadowKen74, ShadowKen
Timezone = GMT+1 (CET - Belgium)
Times = daily but hard to predict up front (most probable 9pm to 11pm CET)
Format = 1 vs 1
Seriousness = Play to win, but like diversity in deck usage/against
Mentor = No

PSN-id/forum name = Midguy, Midguy
Timezone = CST (US)
Format = 1v1 , 2HG
Mentor = No

PSN-id/forum name = Lanyarno, Ingideon
Timezone = UTC +1/+2 (+2 at the moment)
Times = pretty random, mostly late at night
Format = almost always 1v1, sometimes 4 player FFA and 2HG
Seriousness = I play to have fun, but I will always give it my all
Mentor = Well, I don't consider myself to be good enough of a player to really do that, but I will always do my best to answer questions or give hints if the other player wants.

PSN-id/forum name = EndarSeth, EndarSeth 
Timezone = GMT+1 (CET - Poland)
Times = Pure chaos. Usually 10pm-2am. Sometimes 4pm-8pm
Format = 2v2 preffered, 1v1 acceptable
Seriousness = Play for fun, mostly. Win is still desired. Proficient with all decks.
Mentor = Not really, no. I can give tips via mic, if the other person's got one.

PSN-id/forum name = Antkour, Antkour
EST
I play some days, most evenings
Mostly 2hg matches
I like to play all decks
Mentor = no

PSN-id/forum name = Yuyuan23, Uhmbee
Timezone =  EST
Format = 1v1
Seriousness = Depends on the mood
Mentor = Yes

PSN-id/forum name = Splattercat, Splattercat
Timezone =  EST
Times = Unreliably random. (my PC and PS3 use the same Internet connection and don't like to share...)
Format = Whatevs
Seriousness = Oh God no.
Mentor = Perhaps. I certainly know enough to answer questions.

PSN-id/forum name : dutsami, dutsami
TimeZone : Central US(GMT -6 .. I think maybe -5 right now)
Times: Random, but usually evenings and at lunch
Format : Prefer 2HG, but will play whatever.
Seriousness : I play to win but I am not a sore loser, hate losing to double-decking though...
Mentor : I have plenty of advice, but I don't give it unless I'm asked. 

PSN-id/forum name: g0mbl3rr, g0mbl3rr
New player but thanks to rob's advice/gamefaq and posters here I now win over 50% of matches. Not that I'm really that great...always improving..trimming decks.
Eastern Standard Time
1v1 only (other modes take too long..I'm impatient)
I'm up for a game with pre-established decks if you want to make the game more fair.
I'm also up for some fifa12 if anyone is interested.
times: evening east coast USA

PSN: EastVan66, Forums: WarrenC, will be playing soon!
Timezone:  Pacific
Times:  Evenings/weekends more or less
Format: Any
Seriousness:  Casual to moderate.
Mentor:  Not yet

PSN-id/forum name: MalikTarrant
EST
Typically late night, sometimes randomly during the day
Prefer 4 player FFA, but will play any format; 1v1 n arch least faves
Seriousness: depends.  In 4pFFA I tend to take it fairly seriously if it's a point match, but still like to have fun
Mentor: I've been playing magic off and on for about 14 years, and would be more than happy to help a new player learn the ropes

Psn, forum name: HardhatTuna, hhTUNA
Time zone: central
I usually get on Between 8-10 pm central

PC:
GT/forum name = Zal'Rayell, Ingideon
Mentor = Well, I don't consider myself to be good enough of a player to really do that, but I will always do my best to answer questions or give hints if the other player wants.

GT/forum name = Andreagoma, Andy_Capp
Timezone = GMT+1 (CET - Italy)
Times = Almost daily (most probable 10pm to 2 am CET)
Format = Preferred 2HG, but I'll play any format
Seriousness = Very serious (play to win), don't use bugs/cheats (I'm sorry for lawkeeper but if tactic need it I'll use it)
Mentor = Not the best out there but can answer some questions.

GT/forum name = Drogo, Drogo10
Timezone:  Eastern
Times:  Various
Format: 1 on 1 or 2HG
Seriousness:  I'm fairly competitive so moderately serious.
Mentor:  Sure

D9 (Original DoTP)

Xbox:
GT/forum name = AceMathias, AceMathias
Timezone = 0 (UK)
Format = 1 vs 1
Mentor = prob not, although am open to chat through the game and can offer some advice if requested.

GT/forum name = Grandmaster Gee, Grandmaster_G
Timezone = GMT +0
Seriousness = I tend to use lower-teir decks (Machinations) and play for fun....but I like to win too

PS3:
PSN-id/forum name = ShadowKen74, ShadowKen
Format = 1 vs 1
Mentor = No

PSN-id/forum name = EndarSeth, EndarSeth 
Format = 2v2 preffered, 1v1 acceptable, play D9, prefer D12
Seriousness = Play for fun, mostly. Win is still desired. Proficient with all decks.
Mentor = Not really, no. I can give tips via mic, if the other person's got one.

PSN: EastVan66, Forums: WarrenC

Jon
PSN/Forums: Findest2001
Timezone US East GMT-5
All times
Seriousness - Beginner learning the game
Format: 1 v 1 for now
Mentor - NEED ONE BADLY

PC:
GT/forum name = Andreagoma, Andy_Capp
Seriousness = Very serious (play to win), don't use bugs/cheats (I'm sorry for lawkeeper but if tactic need it I'll use it)

karlpopper
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
Hi Rob, I'll go first:

Both Duels
Xbox
GT/forum name = AceMathias
Timezone = 0 (UK)
Format = 1 vs 1
Good work Rob.

Both Duels
Xbox
GT/forum name = Grandmaster Gee 
Timezone = GMT +0
Seriousness = I tend to use lower-teir decks (Machinations) and play for fun....but I like to win too;)
Thanks guys I've added your information. Plenty room for more! Wink

If anyone wants me to alter their information in any way once it's up, just let me know.
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
Both Duels
PS3
PSN-id = ShadowKen74
Format = 1 vs 1
Mentor = No

Duels 2012
PS3 & Xbox (mostly play on PS3)
PSN-ID & Xbox Gamertag = Midguy
Timezone = CST (US)
Format = 1v1 , 2HG
Mentor = No
Xbox. 2HG oknly. Eastern Time zone Monday - Thursday daytime and Friday till about 4 p.m.
I have both Duels but play 2012 exclusively
PS3 & Steam (more often on Steam then on PSN)
PSN-ID = Lanyarno
Steam = Zal'Rayell
Thanks very much, I've updated with the new info!

If I make any mistakes, or anyone wants anything altered, just let me know. Hope you guys find this useful
Useful links:
Bump
Useful links:
Both Duels, 2012 preferred
PS3
PSN-id = EndarSeth 

Format = 2v2 preffered, 1v1 acceptable

Duels 2012
Xbox
GT/forum name = tWyZtD7/twyztd7
Timezone = Eastern (New York)
Times = Not sure really.  Work tends to be sporadic with hours, but generally late nights, some afternoons through the week.
Format = Whichever is fine.  Ranked if you want some easy wins but otherwise I'm up for player
Seriousness = I like to try to win, but it's utterly impossible for me to be serious on a video game (dunno if that's good or bad)
Mentor = Yes, yes I could use a mentor =P
Thanks guys, updated
Useful links:
D12
Ps3
Antkour
EST
I play some days, most evenings
Mostly 2hg matches
I like to play all decks
Mentor = no

By the way, I'm new to this community and really like it. Robvalue does so much and I greatly appreciate it

Yes, Robvalue is beast (best)

Antkour, I'll add You when I get home

Thanks guys, and welcome Very kind. It's my pleasure to help such a nice community.

Updated! I also put a link to this thread in my signature.
Useful links:
Duels 2012
PS3
PSN-ID = Yuyuan23
Timezone =  EST
Format = 1v1
Seriousness = Depends on the mood
Mentor = Yes
Thanks guys, and welcome Very kind. It's my pleasure to help such a nice community.

Updated! I also put a link to this thread in my signature.

So why aren't you on the list?

Can't afford to renew my gold membership Hopefully sometime soon I will and I can join in!

Thanks Uhmbee, added you to the list
Useful links:
Duels 2012
PS3
PSN-ID = Splattercat
Timezone =  EST
Times = Unreliably random. (my PC and PS3 use the same Internet connection and don't like to share...)
Format = Whatevs
Seriousness = Oh God no.
Mentor = Perhaps. I certainly know enough to answer questions.  
Both Duels
PC
GT/forum name = Andreagoma/Andy_Capp
I'm not english native, so forgive me for spelling errors and poor grammar
Updated!

Cool, now we have at least one in every format for both Duels. Keep them coming, and I'll keep adding them!

For those just joining the thread, the initial post has all the details of everyone who has put their info on here, split into the two Duels and the three formats.

Hope it helps you all find some like minded gamers!
Useful links:
I thought I'd bump this up for new players. If anyone wants to be added, let me know
Useful links:
Both Duels, but I only play 2012 now.

PS3

PS3/Forum name : dutsami / dutsami

TimeZone : Central US(GMT -6 .. I think maybe -5 right now)

Times: Random, but usually evenings and at lunch

Format : Prefer 2HG, but will play whatever.

Seriousness : I play to win but I am not a sore loser, hate losing to double-decking though...

Mentor : I have plenty of advice, but I don't give it unless I'm asked.                 
DoTP 2012
PC
Drogo/Drogo10
Timezone:  Eastern
Times:  Various
Format: 1 on 1 or 2HG
Seriousness:  I'm fairly competitive so moderately serious.
Mentor:  Sure
Thanks guys, updated. It's probably a good idea for everyone on the list to make sure they can receive PM's from everyone, I've noticed some people have settings so that they can only receive them from friends. But you're welcome to use this thread for arranging games as well.

Hope it's proving useful and you're enjoying your Magic
Useful links:
PS3 DOTP 2012 only
New player but thanks to rob's advice/gamefaq and posters here I now win over 50% of matches. Not that I'm really that great...always improving..trimming decks.

Eastern Standard Time

1v1 only (other modes take too long..I'm impatient)

I'm up for a game with pre-established decks if you want to make the game more fair.

PS3 nick: g0mbl3rr
(gambler was taken. I replaced the "a" with a zero (0) and the "e" with a three. )

rob...ebay your xbox and get a ps3..they are cheap now and online play is free.

I'm also up for some fifa12 if anyone is interested.
times: evening east coast USA
This is karl. I made a new account that matches my ps3 nick.
Extensive deck tester for duels 2012 and aspiring rules advisor "When you're as great as I am, it's hard to be humble." -Ali
OK thanks, I've ammended it
Useful links:
D9 and D12
PS3
PSN: EastVan66, Forums: WarrenC
D12

Xbox 360

GT: Hanndicap

Timezone: Central

Times: anytime

Format: any

Seriousness: whichever my partner is feeling. i can be casual or serious

Mentor: no, not good at it 
DotP 2012
PSN
MalikTarrant
EST
Typically late night, sometimes randomly during the day
Prefer 4 player FFA, but will play any format; 1v1 n arch least faves
Seriousness: depends.  In 4pFFA I tend to take it fairly seriously if it's a point match, but still like to have fun
Mentor: I've been playing magic off and on for about 14 years, and would be more than happy to help a new player learn the ropes

Life and death, growth and decay, one cannot exist without the other. You are a protector of the natural cycle. You join the Golgari Swarms.
Life and death, growth and decay, one cannot exist without the other. You are a protector of the natural cycle. You join the Golgari Swarms.
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Thank you, I've added the new info to the initial post
Useful links:
Jon
DotP Original, NOT 2012
PSN Findest2001
Timezone US East GMT-5
All times
Seriousness - Beginner learning the game
Format: 1 v 1 for now
Mentor - NEED ONE BADLY
Hi Jon, welcome to the community I have added you to the list.

I'm afraid I can't play online at the moment, but if I can offer any help with questions I'm more than happy to.
Useful links:
Hi Jon, welcome to the community I have added you to the list.

I'm afraid I can't play online at the moment, but if I can offer any help with questions I'm more than happy to.

Thanks. Just really frustrated by rules questions and what I find to be discrepancies in the way cards are played. Looking for a mentor badly because none of my friends locally want to play paper magic and I can't afford to do FNM (recently laid off). So I'm stuck with what I got and so far my online experiences are consisting of me being overmatched and not learning anything about how to play because the games are way too fast...
If you haven't read them already you may find my guides useful. Move to the first post, and there are 3 guides laid out one after the other. You may want to read the "Improving your playing skills" one first if you haven't played Magic before. I'd recommend playing against the AI for a while as well just to get to grips with everything. And I've got discussion of which cards are good to include and which not so good in the Duels 09 guide.

Feel free to ask any rules question, either in the Q&A thread or just send me a PM. Or strategy questions I'll try my best to explain how and why things work if anything particular isn't making sense. There are some differences between DoTP and real Magic, as noted in my guides. Part of learning the rules is decoding the "Magic-ese"- the particular English words that have special rules meaning. Note that the game also has many bugs which means cards aren't working properly anyway.... but most of the time the game gets it right.
Useful links:
Psn: HardhatTuna

I've read some of your guide to help with customization and tiers. Very helpful Gj
Hi there, thanks very much

Shall I put you down for both duels games or just one?
Useful links:
So far I've just been playing 1v1. Haven't played any of the game modes yet but I down to play any of them
Time zone: central
I usually get on Between 8-10 pm central
Hi I know this isn't the right thread to ask, but where on the forums would I ask for advice about a deck? I received my deckbuilders toolkit and I'm excited to get feedback on my FIRST DECK! I haven't been this excited about something so simple in a while I looked all over the main forums, but I don't see a "deck review" thread or anything similar...
Sign In to post comments