Rings of Brighthearth and Planeswalkers

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Would the rings copy a planeswalkers ability?  Like if I used Jace's ultimate to make myself draw 20 cards, could I use the rings to double it?
Would the rings copy a planeswalkers ability?  Like if I used Jace's ultimate to make myself draw 20 cards, could I use the rings to double it?

Sure, why not?

No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.

Yes, planeswalker abilities are activated abilities, and they can be copied by Rings of Brighthearth.

Be careful not to deck yourself when you draw 40 cards!
oh, this is for commander though.  and I'm not worried about decking myself, i use niv-mizzet and psychosis crawlers for kill cards.  Also, psychic possessions.  I'm happy to know that the rings work with jace.  This is going to be fun.
oh, this is for commander though.  and I'm not worried about decking myself, i use niv-mizzet and psychosis crawlers for kill cards.  Also, psychic possessions.  I'm happy to know that the rings work with jace.  This is going to be fun.

Note, please, that since adding or removing Loyalty counters is a cost, copying a planeswalker's ability with the Rings does not also double the quantity of loyalty added/removed.
ΦΦΦΦΦ