Trouble downloading

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

So I uninstalled the offline AdventureTools a little while back and wanted to reinstall. I ran the downloader and it seems to download alright until it gets to:

At that point it just sits and never finishes. I've tried closing and reopening. I've tried disabling my Antivirus, I've tried deleting the prefetch and starting the download from scratch. I ran  process monitor on it and it seems to be creating a thread every few seconds that opens a tcp reconnect attempt to  n218250049055.netvigator.com:55831 (successfully) and then exits.

Has anybody seen this before? Any tips? I'd really like to get this thing installed if possible. 
At that point it just sits and never finishes. I've tried closing and reopening. I've tried disabling my Antivirus, I've tried deleting the prefetch and starting the download from scratch. I ran  process monitor on it and it seems to be creating a thread every few seconds that opens a tcp reconnect attempt to  n218250049055.netvigator.com:55831 (successfully) and then exits.

Has anybody seen this before? Any tips? I'd really like to get this thing installed if possible. 

I've read here before to just try starting it before bed and let it run all night.  Not that you should have to do such a thing, but if you just can't wait for WotC to fix whatevers wrong you can try it.
Good point. It hadn't really occurred to me that it was trying to update before it even installed. Especially considering I hadn't put my DDI credentials in yet but I'll let it run overnight and see what happens. Especially since I completely reimaged the pc (it was a relatively fresh image anyway so wasn't a big deal) and it's still doing the same thing.

In a related note, I can't wait for next tuesday. I hope it's good enough to use.