Copying Things

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
If a Quicksilver Gargantuan copied say, an Ornithopter, and someone plays Clone, choosing the Ornithopter, does the Clone become a 7/7 Ornithopter or just an Ornithopter??

Also, if I Clone Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, do I get the extra turn and the graveyard reshuffle?

I've heard mixed opinions on both from my playgroup and looking for something final. Thanks for the answers. =)
If a Quicksilver Gargantuan copied say, an Ornithopter, and someone plays Clone, choosing the Ornithopter, does the Clone become a 7/7 Ornithopter or just an Ornithopter??

If you copy the original Ornithopter you get a plain ornithopter.  If you copy the Gargantuan/Orithopter copy, you get a 7/7 ornithopter.

When you copy something, you get what's printed on the card, as modified by other copy effects.

Also, if I Clone Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, do I get the extra turn and the graveyard reshuffle?

No to both.  The clone doesn't become a copy until after it is cast, so that is too late to copy the when-cast trigger.  The graveyard trigger will look at the card in the graveyard, and in the graveyard, it is a clone, not a Emrakul.

No to both.  The clone doesn't become a copy until after it is cast, so that is too late to copy the when-cast trigger.  The graveyard trigger will look at the card in the graveyard, and in the graveyard, it is a clone, not a Emrakul.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it use the last know information when it enters the graveyard? (Or is that just when leaving play?)

Also, Quicksilver Gargantuan doesn't say "When Quicksilver Gargantuan enters the battlefield, you may have it become a copy...", it says "Quicksilver Gargantuan enters the battlefield as a copy..." So it's already an Emrakul as it's entering the battlefield. Wouldn't the effect then trigger?

--EDIT--

Nevermind on the second one, I looked, and Emrakul does say "When you cast Emrakul..." So it's not an Emrakul as it's being cast.
56761258 wrote:
Oh, there's a rule for that.
There are 3 kinds of MTG players:
Show
1. The newbies who accept your correct knowledge of the rules. 2. The stubborn intermediate players who challenge your knowledge of the rules, and it takes exact rules to convince them. They refuse to accept your knowledge even when you've proved them wrong time and time again. 3. The experts who is nearly always right, but refuse to believe you when they're wrong.
To Autocard: [c]Island[/c] = Island [c=Island]Blue FTW[/c] = Blue FTW

The fact that Clone-Emrakul does not trigger is specifically due to the «...from anywhere...» templating of Emrakul.

Such an ability triggers from the Graveyard.

But in the Graveyard, there is no Emrakul: only a Clone.   

603.6c (...) An ability that triggers when a card is put into a certain zone “from anywhere” is never treated as a leaves-the-battlefield ability, even if an object is put into that zone from the battlefield.