09/13/2011 LI: "Come Prey With Me"

8 posts / 0 new
Last post

This thread is for discussion of this week's Limited Information, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.

So, if you have a creature fight with a 1/1 wolf with deathtouch, they would both die, right?

Green/black planeswalker control for me, then.

Edit: Wait a second: Turn 2 mayor, turn 3 liliana, turn 4 garruk, use mayor and garruk to pump out wolves and liliana to try and keep the opponent from casting spells ever. That is actually a not completely terrible idea. 
Well now I have to just go ahead and find space for a playset of this in every green deck I own. Awesome, awesome "green-burn" card. Hopefully there'll be also be an Aura that gives the enchanted creature the fight ability, or a Green Tim with the fight ability.
"Waaah there's a few cards I don't like in the latest set! This game sucks now! Everything should just always stay the same because I'm threatened by change! I'm going to quit! I'm quitting! SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE" - approximately 10% of MtG players on all forums, ever. Read my thoughts, feed my ego! - www.tzaphiel.wordpress.com I'm also a writer! Search for "Gareth Topping" on Amazon!
Well now I have to just go ahead and find space for a playset of this in every green deck I own. Awesome, awesome "green-burn" card. Hopefully there'll be also be an Aura that gives the enchanted creature the fight ability, or a Green Tim with the fight ability.

As for an Aura, there already is one, and recent too, although it won't be in Standard with this unless they reprint it in Innistrad: Predatory Urge. (And how appropriate, considering the name of the preview card.) And as for "a Green Tim with the fight ability", Daybreak Ranger transforms into something with a fight ability. I hope there's one you don't have to transform to get, but if there is I'd assume it's smaller or has some other weakness because they wouldn't want the DFC version to suck. Several already exist, though: there's Durkwood Tracker, Gargantuan Gorilla, and to go even further back, Tracker. There are fight effects in red and artifacts too, but those are the most Tim-like I could find.
Neat card idea, it's amazing we haven't had it before as a spell.

I hadn't noticed this on other articles, but on this one at least the art caption crediting Dave Kendall doesn't link to Dave Kendall's artwork, it links to a gatherer search for an artist named FIRST LAST.
As for an Aura, there already is one, and recent too, although it won't be in Standard with this unless they reprint it in Innistrad: Predatory Urge. (And how appropriate, considering the name of the preview card.) And as for "a Green Tim with the fight ability", Daybreak Ranger transforms into something with a fight ability. I hope there's one you don't have to transform to get, but if there is I'd assume it's smaller or has some other weakness because they wouldn't want the DFC version to suck. Several already exist, though: there's Durkwood Tracker, Gargantuan Gorilla, and to go even further back, Tracker. There are fight effects in red and artifacts too, but those are the most Tim-like I could find.

You, sirrah, are made of win. Thanks for that! I'd never even seen the Urge before, and I'd totally forgotten about Durkwood Tracker! Daybreak is okay, but needs a) to be transformed, and b) needs red mana. 

The Urge is awesome though, and I'll pray for a functional/superior reprint of Tracker.

Tim the Hunter -
Creature - Human Shaman
; ~ fights target creature.
2/2

Sigh. I can hope.

"Waaah there's a few cards I don't like in the latest set! This game sucks now! Everything should just always stay the same because I'm threatened by change! I'm going to quit! I'm quitting! SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE" - approximately 10% of MtG players on all forums, ever. Read my thoughts, feed my ego! - www.tzaphiel.wordpress.com I'm also a writer! Search for "Gareth Topping" on Amazon!
That's a good looking card.  The commons in this set could prove quite interesting.

If you're on MTGO check out the Free Events via PDCMagic and Gatherling.

Other games you should try:
DC Universe Online - action-based MMO.  Free to play.  Surprisingly well-designed combat and classes.

Planetside 2 - Free to play MMO-meets-FPS and the first shooter I've liked in ages.
Simunomics - Free-to-play economy simulation game.

Seems like a pretty early pick if you're in green to me. Probably not quite as good as Flame Slash, but hey, it's green.