2012 Product Release Schedule

147 posts / 0 new
Last post
It really sucks that D&D Next is going to suck up a lot of their resources- less work on 4E.

Not happy that there isn't a Monster Vault coming out. I'm glad I didn't buy the Legend of Drizzt board game since they don't appear to be releasing a new game of this type anytime soon.

The next D&D lair assault is not coming out until the summer? That sucks.

No Feywild equivalent to Gloomwraught- ugh.

Oh well. Not the first time Wizards has dissapointed me, will not be the last time either.

I'm expecting four to five miniature releases (the dungeon command stuff) and then they will axe that.

DDI looks like it will carry the 4E flag for at least 2012- that is good news. The Dungeoneer's Survival Guide looks cool and I guess Heroes of Elemental Chaos does too. Stoopid D&D next!

We also got the subtitle for the Dungeon Command goblins expansion:

Dungeon Command: Tyranny of Goblins: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack (D&D Miniatures Product)

A little note to Peter Lee or whomever is working on these- I hope you did not reuse the Acheron Goblin sculpt from Blood War. I have around 425+ minis, and those goblins are the only ones that have broken. About three of them have lost their axe blade, right where it connects to the handle. The sculpt is obviously weak at that spot.

Just wanted to help you avoid a customer relations nightmare.
A new one:

Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms: A Dungeons & Dragons Supplement

(possibly an update to Grand History of the Realms ?)

Dungeon Command: Tyranny of Goblins: A Dungeons & Dragons Expansion Pack (D&D Miniatures Product)

actually, "Elminster's Forgotten Realms" is supposed to be Greenwood's notes for His home version of the Forgotten Realms which probably will not align with the official Wizards of the Coast version of the Forgotten Realms

Stealth rewrite of the Realms? Wouldn't be surprised...

Updated for new novels release. Will update thread for the official product threads now appearing on the product catalog. 

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

A new one:

Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms: A Dungeons & Dragons Supplement

(possibly an update to Grand History of the Realms ?)

actually, "Elminster's Forgotten Realms" is supposed to be Greenwood's notes for His home version of the Forgotten Realms which probably will not align with the official Wizards of the Coast version of the Forgotten Realms

Yep. Smacks of the slightly lazy publishing style we got at the end of 3.5E where you package someone's material as a book and sell it (ie. Grand History).

No doubt I'll buy it out of curiosity anyway though.

Updated for Fortune cards and Elemental Heroes' release.

On the boardgame front, WotC has released the rulesbook for the Lords of Waterdeep boardgame:   www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4...

Edit: But apparently, that's a Beta version of it. The published version will be different. Sigh. 

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

Amazon are currently listing this as a 2012 release (16 Feb 2012) though I suspect it should be 2013.

DN6 Ruins of War Dungeon Tiles

There's a picture of a large crater on the cover.

www.amazon.co.uk/Ruins-War-Dungeon-Tiles...
This weeks Design & Development article revealed a new release:

- Map Pack: Shattered Keeps (December 2012)

Amazon has the cover and release date.

Amazon has a new Dungeon Command expansion, Dungeon Command: Curse of Undeath .
Amazon are currently listing this as a 2012 release (16 Feb 2012) though I suspect it should be 2013.

DN6 Ruins of War Dungeon Tiles

Amazon.com points to November 20, 2012.

Dungeon! sounds awesome. So does curse of undeath.

It still irritates the crud out of me that we learn about upcoming products whenever they slink onto Amazon, rather than by an official announcement. Can't they at least tweet about it or something?
It still irritates the crud out of me that we learn about upcoming products whenever they slink onto Amazon, rather than by an official announcement. Can't they at least tweet about it or something?

To be fair, it probably irritates their marketing team as well, since it probably screws with their planned announcement schedule, which they do by way of their "[Month] and Beyond/[Month]: In the Works" articles, along with other ones.

Serendipity strikes again.

I happened to visit the Paul S Kemp web site, which has a link to the Candlekeep forum, upon which Paul has a couple threads going and on one of those threads, he says that the publication of 'Godborn' will be in November 2012.   Smile

So, time to dry my eyes and patiently resume my vigil.

Amazon.co.uk has an entry for this already, with a date as well.
Another one that seems to be missing, the compilation of the "Stone of Tymora" storyline.

NOVELS, FORGOTTEN REALMS

"Godborn" / Cycle of Night Part 2 / Paul S. Kemp (Spring)

"Godbound" / Cycle of Night Part 3 / Paul S. Kemp (Fall)  

This requires editing since Godborn is part 1 of the Cycle of Night and probably the only one thats going to be released in 2012.
Good tracking work, Pruano! I'll have them added to the first post by the end of the weekend.

BTW, it looks like some product images have been added to the Dungeon Command entries to the Product Catalog, and they look great!
www.wizards.com/dnd/Product.aspx?x=dnd/p...

Good tracking work, Pruano! I'll have them added to the first post by the end of the weekend.

BTW, it looks like some product images have been added to the Dungeon Command entries to the Product Catalog, and they look great!

Those look like comic book covers. I'm fine with that.

NOVELS, FORGOTTEN REALMS

Elminster Enraged / Elminster / Ed Greenwood (August 7th)
www.amazon.com/Elminster-Enraged-Shadowd... 

The date was changed to September 4th.
New ebook: Shadowbane: Eye of Justice

Was really hoping this would be released as a printed book Frown
And everything is up to date! 

I've decided not to post all the Dungeon Command info in both RPG D&D and non-RPG D&D. I've left a note indicating where people interested in minis can look (under its own section in non-RPG D&D).  

I am more amused by the side note.

I pre-order Demon Weave the e-book for my kindle no big deal right.  I wonder if anyone else notice that Amazon has the date set for the release of the book on Jan 2035.  It is when my kindle will down load the book I ordered.  

I look at the e-books that are pre-order I think this one has mistake in the date.  
I am more amused by the side note.

I pre-order Demon Weave the e-book for my kindle no big deal right.  I wonder if anyone else notice that Amazon has the date set for the release of the book on Jan 2035.  It is when my kindle will down load the book I ordered.  

I look at the e-books that are pre-order I think this one has mistake in the date.  

I wouldn't expoect WotC to plan that far ahead.

DUNGEON TILES

Cathedrals of Chaos Dungeon Tiles (April 20)

The Wizards date seems to be wrong, Amazon has the proper date of March 20th, and there are confirmations of this release, as well as reviews of what appears to be a very good product.
That is strange ah well let me check again in email.  Since I have to go home for my Kindle.

DUNGEON TILES

Cathedrals of Chaos Dungeon Tiles (April 20)

The Wizards date seems to be wrong, Amazon has the proper date of March 20th, and there are confirmations of this release, as well as reviews of what appears to be a very good product.

That's good to hear, because I just picked it up at my FLGS! 

Updated for new links to the Product Catalog, new dates for the 1ed books, and other stuff that tells us nothing new.

Updated for new links to the Product Catalog, new dates for the 1ed books, and other stuff that tells us nothing new.

A few that were missed (all omnibus):

R.A. Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen Vol 1

R.A. Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen Vol 2

Blades of the Moonsea

Updated for novels released today and Pruano's links.

Two more Forgotten Realms novels

The Gilded Rune

The Rose of Sarifal

There may be a problem with getting a paperback copy of 'The Rose of Sarifal'.   Amazon several hours ago informed me that my advance order for a mass market paperback copy of this book had been cancelled (by Amazon) because Amazon could not guarantee receiving copies of that book.

There is still a chance for the Kindle version, but i do not want the Kindle version or the Nook version:   I want the paperback version!

Cry
Two more Forgotten Realms novels

The Gilded Rune

The Rose of Sarifal

There may be a problem with getting a paperback copy of 'The Rose of Sarifal'.   Amazon several hours ago informed me that my advance order for a mass market paperback copy of this book had been cancelled (by Amazon) because Amazon could not guarantee receiving copies of that book.

There is still a chance for the Kindle version, but i do not want the Kindle version or the Nook version:   I want the paperback version!

Cry

There appears to be some kind of double entry in the Amazon database; if you notice the link above, there are two entries for a mass market paperback, one the link refers to and this one , which has a different ISBN.

They may just be fixing the screw up, but a better explanation should be given to who pre-ordered the item.

I saw those two entries for the 'mass market paperback'.   Unfortunately, when you click on one of those entries, you get the message 'that nothing can be ordered......' and when you click on the other entry, you are left with no option to order anything.    Frown

I saw those two entries for the 'mass market paperback'.   Unfortunately, when you click on one of those entries, you get the message 'that nothing can be ordered......' and when you click on the other entry, you are left with no option to order anything.    Frown

This link does not work?
Okay.

I have re-entered my order for the mass market paperback version of 'Rose of Sarifal' at Amazon and I will wait and see if I get it or not.Undecided

And, then, I will resume my search for Paul S Kemp and the initial book of 'The Cycle of Night' trilogy.   

I am still of the opinion that Kemp intends to assassinate the Realms deity Shar, at the very least, in order to restore the deity Mask, and possibly Erevis Cale.   

I am also of the opinion that the Wizards R&D office ordered either a massive rewrite of the trilogy or else a massive rescheduling of the release of the trilogy, until the R&D office deems it wise to permit the elimination of Shar to take place.

I still can not shake the hunch that Greenwood intends to resurrect the deity Mystra as a primal spirit.

Okay.

I have re-entered my order for the mass market paperback version of 'Rose of Sarifal' at Amazon and I will wait and see if I get it or not.Undecided

Cool.

And, then, I will resume my search for Paul S Kemp and the initial book of 'The Cycle of Night' trilogy.   

What do you mean?

Back in 2009, Kemp had ended a trilogy of books just as the Spell Plague had descended upon the Realms with the deity Mask being consumed by Shar, but with Mask's last conscious thought being of a possible triumphant return.

Ever since then, there have been tantalizing hints that Kemp was planning to bring Mask, and possibly Erevis Cale, back in a rather stupendous fashion.   Ever since then, there have also been equally agonizing signs that the Wizards R&D office thought that Kemp's efforts to resurrect the deity of rogues and intrigue would quite likely involve another jumbling of the Realms cosmology such as happened after Mystra's demise.   Thus, for those of us who have an affection for the deity of rogues, it has been an agonizing wait while Kemp and the Wizards R&D office wrangled over whose ultimate vew of the cosmology and divine pecking order of the Realms, would prevail.   Unfortunately, much of this debate happened behind closed doors and thus, I can only infer what might have happened by the little hints that leak out.

At the beginning of 2012, there had been a small notice that the 'Cycle of Night' trilogy might begin to see the light of day sometime this year.   However, the maddeningly fiendishness of it all, is that while Greenwood has announced when the next chapter in his epic Elminster saga will appear, both Kemp and the Wizards R&D office are keepng very quiet as to the date when the 'Cycle of Night' might appear.   If all of this 'cloak and dagger' stuff is simply a marketing ploy to spike potential sales, then it is indeed working.   [Since anything that involves cloaks, daggers, intrigue and stealth, is very much in keeping with the essence of who and what Mask is, there this entire process has surely been 'blessed' by Mask!]

And so, back into the shadows I go, to wait for another all too brief sign that the 'Cycle of Night' might finally begin.

At the beginning of 2012, there had been a small notice that the 'Cycle of Night' trilogy might begin to see the light of day sometime this year.   However, the maddeningly fiendishness of it all, is that while Greenwood has announced when the next chapter in his epic Elminster saga will appear, both Kemp and the Wizards R&D office are keepng very quiet as to the date when the 'Cycle of Night' might appear.   If all of this 'cloak and dagger' stuff is simply a marketing ploy to spike potential sales, then it is indeed working.   [Since anything that involves cloaks, daggers, intrigue and stealth, is very much in keeping with the essence of who and what Mask is, there this entire process has surely been 'blessed' by Mask!]

And so, back into the shadows I go, to wait for another all too brief sign that the 'Cycle of Night' might finally begin.

Well, Amazon.co.uk has the release date for Nov 20th (although Amazon.co.uk does sometimes jump the gun - the title was cancelled).
Well, Amazon.co.uk, chooses to spell Kemp's name as 'PaulS Kemp' instead of as 'Paul S Kemp' as the Seattle, WA based Amazom.com chooses to spell Kemp's name.

I had seen that entry some time ago but I had thought to be somewhat curious that searching for 'PaulS Kemp' at Amazom.com produced nothing.

Perhaps, 'Cycle of Night' has been returned to another cycle of revision, in which case, it may be 2013 or 2014 before Shar receives what it coming to her.

Well, with 5ed being announced, it feels like the Realms are going to undergo another metamorphosis. Drow invading the surface, Mystara (possibly returning), Salvatore needing more people to fight Driz'zt. ;) It seems that they are committed to bringing back Cale, but they haven't finalized how exactly he fits into the new world order. (I'm starting to read the trilogy tomorrow!)

Updated for Undermountain release. 

Well, with 5ed being announced, it feels like the Realms are going to undergo another metamorphosis. Drow invading the surface, Mystara (possibly returning), Salvatore needing more people to fight Driz'zt. ;) It seems that they are committed to bringing back Cale, but they haven't finalized how exactly he fits into the new world order. (I'm starting to read the trilogy tomorrow!) 

I suspect that Salvatore may actually be slowly drawing the saga of Drizzt Do'Urden to a close.   As Heinlein and Asimov both hit their 60's, they began to bring the lives of their various fictional characters to a close.   As measured by the various time scales of the novels, and the 4th Edition Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide, the character of Drizzt is definitely well over 100 years old and I suspect the character is definitely middle-aged, even for an elf.