[CRL] Deep Cut + Sneak attack

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
If you use Deep cut adjacent to a monster it does 2 damage if it misses by default and 2 additional damage if it hits. so with sneak attack that adds an addition damage does Deep cut count as separate attacks for 6 damage or would it count as 1 attack for 5 damage?

Any insight will be appricated
Thanks
usually, the additionnal damages cards are written "on a HIT, add+X dmg" as far as i know, a hit is a full damage attack and a miss is not a hit(through some miss effect deals damage, the attack STILL misses his target). so... it's all about wording on the card.
Deep Cut: 
Attack one adjacent Monster.
Hit or miss, if the Monster is adjacent to another Hero it takes 2 damage.
Attack: +7
Damage: 2

Sneak Attack:
Use this power at the start of your Hero Phase.
You gain a +4 bonus to attack rolls and deal +1 damage until the end of your next Hero Phase.

It would count as one attack for 5 damage. This is if course assuming that there's another Hero adjacent to the same monster and you make the attack roll.

You make the roll: 2
Adjacent to another hero: 2
Sneak attack: 1 
Damage: 5

Not adjacent to another hero: 0
Damage: 3

You miss the roll: 0
Sneak attack: 0

Damage: 0

Deep Cut: 
Attack one adjacent Monster.
Attack: +7

Sneak Attack:
Use this power at the start of your Hero Phase.
You gain a +4 bonus to attack rolls and deal +1 damage until the end of your next Hero Phase.

It would count as one attack for 5 damage. This is if course assuming that there's another Hero adjacent to the same monster and you make the attack roll.

Damage: 5

Damage: 3

Damage: 0

Thats what I thought, thank you
I'm a bit hesitant regarding the wording though: 

This could also mean that if you make the roll, you will do 2 damage, regardless of circumstance (never 2+2 damage). However if you fail it but there's another hero adjacent to the monster, you will still do the 2 damage.  

Thoughts?  

Hmm, I also thought about this. The sentance "Hit or miss, if the Monster is adjacent to another Hero it takes 2 damage." is very cryptic. It could be interpreted in the two ways you've described.

If you break it down it could be split into two sentances:
"On hit, if the Monster is adjacent to another Hero it takes 2 damage."
"On miss, if the Monster is adjacent to another Hero it takes 2 damage."

...and then you do you hit roll which either hit or miss and might give 2 additional damage.

However it could also mean that you are guaranteed to make 2 damage if the monster is adjacent to another hero compared to the 2 damage you would have rolled for if it wasn't.

To be honest, this is just getting more and more confusing :P

This question is months old, but I would interpret sneak attack as "when an attack does damage, add one."  I see the "options" for damage as 5 (hit with friend adjacent), 3 (hit with no one adjacent), 3 (miss with friend adjacent), or 0 (miss with no one adjacent).  It's pretty fair to interpret it either way, I'd think.