[CRL] Questions about Adventure 9 "Gauntlet of Terror"

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
1. When an active Hero moves within 1 tile of a tile with a face-down Monster token on it, or onto a tile with a face-down Monster token on it, flip that token over.

If you move onto a tile that has more than 1 tile within 1 tile, do you flip tokens from all tiles within 1 tile, or do you just pick 1 tile?

2. Shuffle the Dungeon Tile stack and take out 15 tiles.  One at a time,each player takes a turn placing one of those tiles adjacent to the unexplored edge that is closest to the Start tile until all 15 tiles have been placed.

Do the new tiles arrows need to point in the direction of the tile it is being placed adjacent to?

3. During each Exploration Phase, the active player chooses one Monster token in play and moves it 1 tile in the direction the arrow on the token's tile is pointing.    

Do tokens stack?  Do tokens stop at the edge of the Start Tile or proceed and escape the dungeon?

If tokens stack and you land on or move within 1 tile of the stacked tokens, do they all flip or just pick 1?     
No one can help on this?
1. When an active Hero moves within 1 tile of a tile with a face-down Monster token on it, or onto a tile with a face-down Monster token on it, flip that token over.

If you move onto a tile that has more than 1 tile within 1 tile, do you flip tokens from all tiles within 1 tile, or do you just pick 1 tile?

You flip all tiles that meet the criteria.

2. Shuffle the Dungeon Tile stack and take out 15 tiles.  One at a time,each player takes a turn placing one of those tiles adjacent to the unexplored edge that is closest to the Start tile until all 15 tiles have been placed.

Do the new tiles arrows need to point in the direction of the tile it is being placed adjacent to?

Whenever a tile is placed, for any reason, the arrow must point at the tile it is attaching to.  If there are multiple attach points, the attaching player may decide which tile the new tile is attaching to.

3. During each Exploration Phase, the active player chooses one Monster token in play and moves it 1 tile in the direction the arrow on the token's tile is pointing.    

Do tokens stack?  Do tokens stop at the edge of the Start Tile or proceed and escape the dungeon?

For the sake of a simpler game with less frustration, I would recommend that you not stack the monster tiles.  If an unflipped tile reaches the escape criteria, as the creatures escape flip the tile.; this may cause the Heroes to lose the adventure.

If tokens stack and you land on or move within 1 tile of the stacked tokens, do they all flip or just pick 1?     

Again, I would suggest that you not flip tiles unless absolutely needed.  The nightmare of flipping 2+ monster tokens and possibly revealing 5 creatures... the Heroes may very well break down in tears.  Just sayin'. ;)

Alan Patrick

Associate Community Manager, D&D Adventurers League

http://dndadventurersleague.org

Thank you for answering me on this, it was quite confusing to me.
I just dunno #3. I know you can rule non explicit situations, but also, this game is very play as written, and if its not written that the tokens should not stack, then you go on and continue the instructions as they are wouldn't you agree?

XD
Good point.  Maybe I should ask customer service.  It has to be the most vague adventure in both books.
I did send this question to customer service and got this reply.

1. All eligible tokens flip, if there are multiple toekns on a tile, they all flip and monsters get put down accordingly.

2. Arrows should point to the tile it is connecting to to create a path for the monsters to escape.

3. Tokens do stack, meaning that multiple tokens can occupy the same tile, but apparently the part about them stopping at the start tile edge was misunderstood.  The answer kept referring to the actual monster(s) that get put down once the token is flipped.  I'm guessing the tokens flip and escape once hitting the start tile, so if an unflipped token goes onto the start tile you flip it, if its a 2 monster token 2 monsters escape.  I guess....O_o

I did send this question to customer service and got this reply.

1. All eligible tokens flip, if there are multiple toekns on a tile, they all flip and monsters get put down accordingly.

2. Arrows should point to the tile it is connecting to to create a path for the monsters to escape.

3. Tokens do stack, meaning that multiple tokens can occupy the same tile, but apparently the part about them stopping at the start tile edge was misunderstood.  The answer kept referring to the actual monster(s) that get put down once the token is flipped.  I'm guessing the tokens flip and escape once hitting the start tile, so if an unflipped token goes onto the start tile you flip it, if its a 2 monster token 2 monsters escape.  I guess....O_o

Yea, that's pretty much how we've been playing it. Brutal isnt it?

oh. and thx for asking them
Brutal indeed and np about asking.
On You Tube there is a cool guy doing some play throughs of the Ravenloft and Ashardalon games.

Currently he is doing this actual scenario.  Answers alot of questions.

Black Belt Gaming.

Great stuff, be sure to "like" him.      
Sign In to post comments