Warlock curse question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I'm rolling up a vestige lock and I had a question, using the eyes of the vestige power, and say you have a curse on two targets.  Now, can you use an blast power to hit them both and then get the bonus curse damage on both of them?  or just one.  If its just one, why would you use the eyes of the vestige power over eldritch blast?  especially in my case as my primary stat is cha over con.
Well... Ok. First thing's first. You can only deal curse damage once per turn, even if you have multiple creatures cursed. Note that is once per turn, not round, meaning that if your warlord or shaman for example grant you a bonus attack, you can deal curse damage again on someone else's turn.

Why would you have multiple curses? Because when a creature with your curse dies, you get your pact boon. You don't have to be the one that cursed it to receive the boon, thus spreading your curse will get you more pact boons. Finally, some items and feats give bonuses against cursed enemies, like extra defenses and such; thus spreading your curse makes you better against the enemies in general. 

Finally- Why do you want to be a vestige warlock without constitution? All of your powers that have any bonus for Vestige pact will require constitution, as well as your at-will. I just don't really see why you want to do that. If it is purely for flavor reasons, maybe you should just talk to your DM about reflavoring a different pact to have the flavor of vestige pact; that way you can have a good charisma score and actually work properly. Or, you could just have a con score.

Hope that answers your questions.
A note to all who think I am being aggressive or angry- 99% of the time, I do not intend to be. I apologize if you think I am attacking you, odds are very strong that I am not. The only exceptions are when people become extremely uncivil to me, and even then I usually ignore them. I think it is very obvious when I am really mad; if I just seem generally abrasive, it is a reflection of my thought process rather than a state of emotion. I have the greatest respect for those who can debate rationally, even if we come to different conclusions. I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Certainly does now that I'm actually getting further into the levels and seeing what the dailies do.  I see the vestige dailies adding extra damage to your Eyes power.  And yeah, I noticed all the vestige ones are con based so I changed that.  Certainly does help.   Now, next question.   The lv 9 daily, summon locks ally.  What does it summon?
Glad to help. Where are you seeing that power? In the compendium or offline character builder? That is a power from the Essentials class, the Hexblade. I do not believe that you can legally use it as a non-hexblade because the hexblade pacts are considered separate. Generally as a vestige pact warlock you will likely stick with the Vestige of X daily powers because at paragon there is a feat that lets you switch which augment to your at-will you can use based on which dailies you have used, thus offering a lot more flexibility all day long.

EDIT- this will help- Warlock's Handbook 
A note to all who think I am being aggressive or angry- 99% of the time, I do not intend to be. I apologize if you think I am attacking you, odds are very strong that I am not. The only exceptions are when people become extremely uncivil to me, and even then I usually ignore them. I think it is very obvious when I am really mad; if I just seem generally abrasive, it is a reflection of my thought process rather than a state of emotion. I have the greatest respect for those who can debate rationally, even if we come to different conclusions. I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Its from the online character builder and the compendium.  Yeah, Im sticking with vestige dailies. Just saw it and it didnt seem to have an answer.
Did you mean the feat Vestige Adept?  That would make you really want to blow your dailies fast so you can change between them often.
Summon Warlock's Ally is the L9 daily introduced for the Hexblade.  Straight-up warlocks don't quite work for it properly.  Standard warlocks who have pacts matching Hexblade pacts could take the power and maybe have it at least be functional, but it's not meant for them.  My advice would be to just ignore it, especially since Vestige isn't a Hexblade pact.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Sign In to post comments