What do you play the most? Standard, extendend??

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Greetting fellow magic players!!

I'm getting back to the game after 3 years of being away... I'm wondering what do you guys play the most? standard format extended etc....  my first deck that i'm build is gonna be standard for tournment reasons..... 

when u guys play against other player what do u guys play the most?? thanks in advance and help/tips will help!!!!

Well I usually play casual the most. =P

In terms of competitive playing though, standard for me - it's easier to keep up with the cards for a player that only started 2 years ago! Btw, I'm pretty sure extended is dead - there's a new format, modern, which has pretty much filled the same niche but in a better way (as it's an eternal format, but not nearly as vast as vintage or legacy).

When you ask about what we play the most, do you mean deck archetype or are you re-asking the first quest? If you're asking deck archetype, I'm a control player myself, or midrange aggro. I'm not a fan of fast aggro decks like Tempered Steel or RedDeckWins, and I don't like infinite combo decks like DeceiverTwin either.
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
I enter about 2-3 Standard tournaments a month.
I play Packwars with a whole box for each set (plus with any prize packs I win).
I play Sealed twice each set (Pre-release & Launch Party).
EDIT: I draft once a month.
I enter an Extended tournament every month or so.
I enter about 4 Pauper tournaments a year.

I play casually with Standard and Pauper decks, and Commander (EDH) every weekend.

Once my FLGS starts running Modern I will join in, but I would rather play Extended instead (my decks will probably be Extended-legal).

~ Tim
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
I play Standard competitively. FNM every week and PTQ/Grand Prix/SCG Opens whenever I can find time. 

I play EDH nearly every day in paper. Downtime between classes or when my friends come over is usually set aside for EDH.

I play all formats casually on Cockatrice. 
Booster draft.

That aside, most of my decks are either vintage or legacy, simply because I have a bunch of old cards that I like to use. No Moxes, Lotus, or anything crazy like that. The strongest stuff I use is Balance, Sol Ring, and Demonic Tutor.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

I play just standard and compete in tournaments every week in the FNM  and the only deck I really use is my Standard Deck and my Edh deck. I almost never play a casual game. Also if you are asking what kind of deck I am using, I use a early to mid range control-aggro deck, that is blue-white.

Thank you for Reading 
German Highlander and Pauper, played in a cutthroat casual way. Pauper because "real" tournament formats either boring or hellishly expensive or both, German Highlander because big singleton decks are fun and EDH/Commander just makes no goddamn sense. I like my Magic sane.
Trying to help "I'm original" people build better decks is self-sabotage: Good advice will inevitably be ignored because someone did it before. The gist of Magic is going to MWS/MTGO, playing Island, Ponder and watching the opponent ragequit.
Sign In to post comments