Character Builder not printing

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is anyone else experiencing problems printing character sheets from Character Builder? I am getting blank sheets.

When I print from CB, I get blank sheets. I also tried to print to BullZip first and then print and still get blank sheets!

We have Lair Assault tonight at 6pm and I need to print my character sheet!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I can't get CB to print at all today. I think I'd settle for blank sheets. :P
Please, please, please stop printing from the Character Builder.  Silverlight 4 has no native print support so you are trying to print one giant image file.

Install PDFCreator or Cutepdf and in their settings set them to 150 DPI (PDFCreator) or 144 DPI (Cutepdf) and print your characters to pdf and then print them from the pdf. 
Install PDFCreator or Cutepdf and in their settings set them to 150 DPI (PDFCreator) or 144 DPI (Cutepdf) and print your characters to pdf and then print them from the pdf. 

This.

The reason you are getting blank sheets or no print-outs at all is probably that the size of the image file the Silverlight CB spits out exceeds your print spooler's data limit.

"My flying carpet is full of elves."

Thanks - I was able to print to CutePDF and then print from there!
Please, please, please stop printing from the Character Builder.  Silverlight 4 has no native print support so you are trying to print one giant image file.

what kind of a solution is that?

I pay a huge increase in my yearly fees and I cant even print from the new program?

Im technically challenged and all i want to do is print my stinkin character sheets out

grrrrrrrr

this is very frustrating.

I installed Cutepdf and only option is uninstall or readme under the writer. 
cutepdf didnt work

got pdfcreator to do it

still think its a lame way to have to "print" my character sheet on something I pay an annual fee for.

WOTC come on and get it right.

Yell
cutepdf didnt work

got pdfcreator to do it

still think its a lame way to have to "print" my character sheet on something I pay an annual fee for.

WOTC come on and get it right.

It has nothing to do with WotC.  Silverlight 4 does not have a native print function.  And I am a bit confused by your statement that you are paying a huge increase in your fees.
When they jacked up the yearly fee for dndinsider, and dropped the old CB for this new piece of garbage, the fees went up pretty good.

blaming silverlight for the disfunciton of the new CB is a cop out.

If you are going to design a program that people are going to want to print character sheets from and it doesnt have a "native print function" then dont use that software.

I like some of the things they have done, but Im not going to drink the kool-aid and give them a free pass on this, they just need to make it right and a lot faster then they have been.

Ive been using the old CB unsupported, while paying my yearly fees, waiting for them to fix this new online CB (and get a fully functioning virtual game table that they sold me on a couple years ago, which never came to pass) although I will say it is nice to see something on the VT coming out now.

Im a paying customer, and the 2 reasons I joind DNDinsider was the CB and th VT, I was happy with just the CB for a long time, then they ruined that and Im having to spend 2 hours to figure out how to print out my character.

If you are fine with that, good for you, Im not.
I am running into some technical difficulty printing from CB.  WHen I click on the print button nothing happens.  A bout a month ago I was albe to print like the others suggest by using an alternate tool.  Microsoft Image Writer will work it is B/W and the image quality if poor but it worked.

At this point I cannot even get the printer window to load from CB.

(Yes I can print from other windows programs)
Sign In to post comments