Jor Kadeen - RWU - help please

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi,

I have kind of an idea for a RWU metalcraft deck, working off the ability of Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer.

This is what I have at the moment. I am not very good at making decks as I haven't been playing long.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks!

Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer    4
Etched Champion    4
Chrome Steed    4
Signal Pest    4
Memnite    4

Tempered Steel    4
Galvanic Blast    4
Dispatch    4
Remember the Fallen    2
Frantic Salvage    2

Buried Ruin    3
Plains    12
Mountain    9

(EDIT - UPDATED LIST)

why did you create a new post when you already had your old post?
Because this is a decklist -- my last post isn't
I would like to put 4 Kuldotha Phoenix in, but I am not sure what to take out...

And a few Etched Champion

This is why I am no good at deckbuilding, I'm too indecisive!
jor kadeen, chrome steed, sundial of the infinite, and ghalma's warden never were and never will be viable cards.

Sadly, I agree with you, except for there are some cool uses for sundial.

Venser/Oblivion Ring/Sundial is pretty darn annoying :D

Really? Jor Kadeen seemed like such a good card... Why is it no good?

Thanks
his metalcraft ability is actually fairly weak for his cost to play, especially since red/white synergy is very very weak. - Indomitable Archangel is imo a stronger of a metalcraft ability.

Sundial also doesnt seem to fit your deck here at all.  Its better used with something like Mimic Vat to end the turn while the sac effect is on the stack to create infinite tokens
his metalcraft ability is actually fairly weak for his cost to play, especially since red/white synergy is very very weak. - Indomitable Archangel is imo a stronger of a metalcraft ability.

Problem with the angel is that there is not much point giving other things protection when the thing giving the protection is probably what your opponent most wants to kill anyway.  Angel is sort of one of those cards where you imagine all the cool things it can do, all the games it can swing by protecting your artifacts, but, in reality, you're just playing a French vanilla 4/4 95% of the time.  Not that a 4/4 flyer for 4 is bad, but its metalcraft ability has very little relevance.  And so you are far better off with Linvala or an Emeria Angel for 4 instead.

Anyway, as to the deck itself, the OP'd probably be better off running it like a puresteel paladin, ideally post rotation.  Basically aims to do the same sort of thing, but runs more cards that are not so dependent on other cards to be worthwhile.

I would like to put 4 Kuldotha Phoenix in, but I am not sure what to take out...

And a few Etched Champion

Phoenix takes too much red to run in a R/W deck, especially one with puresteel paladin ().  The mana base support to make it work well just isn't there.

Etched Champion is a good though.  Could easily replace the warden, steeds, or sundials.

There's a lot of metalcraft, and then comparitively few artifacts. If you're going to go white, and metalcraft, why not go tempered steel, load the deck with artifact creatures and complete the synergy? I'm basically just repeating myself from the previous thread I guess, but still, Artifact creatures should be the mainstay of a deck based around Jor kadeen, because they both trigger the metalcraft AND benefit from his effect. most of the cards in your deck only do one or the other. Once you've got that combo going, sync it with tempered steel and you have +5/+2 on all your artifact creatures. In the case of memnite that's a 6/3 that's free to play.

Dispatch is such a good spell for a metalcraft deck that not having four is beyond me. Memnite is a fantastic card in loads of decks, but in this one should be pretty much mandatory. Etched Champion is pretty perfect for the deck.

Without tooting my own horn, go check out the decklist I posted in your last thread. If you're a new player and can't get your hands on, say, the swords, then fair enough. But it gives you the template of how to get the best out of white/red metalcraft. In my opinion anyway.
Thanks for all the suggestions. Here is an updated decklist, with a couple of questions attached.

Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer    4
Etched Champion    4
Chrome Steed    4
Signal Pest    4
Memnite    4

Tempered Steel    4
Galvanic Blast    4
Dispatch    4
Remember the Fallen    2
Frantic Salvage    2

Buried Ruin    3
Plains    12
Mountain    9

So, question time...
1). Do the effects of jor kadeen and tempered steel stack? So 2xJorkadeen in play will be +6/+0 and 2xtempered steel will be +4/+4?
2). Does an articafct ceature count as an artifact and a creature for the effect of remember the fallen? So this could bring 2 artifact creature cards back from the graveyard?

Thanks
no the effects of Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer do not stack because he is a legendary creature - so if you try and cast a 2nd one they kill each other off.

Tempered Steel effects though would stack to give +4/+4

And yes using remember the fallen you could bring back 2 artifact creatures using it 
no the effects of Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer do not stack because he is a legendary creature - so if you try and cast a 2nd one they kill each other off.

Tempered Steel effects though would stack to give +4/+4

And yes using remember the fallen you could bring back 2 artifact creatures using it 

Thanks for your reply!
Since Jor is legendary, you probably do not want 4 of him.  2 or 3 would be more appropriate.  I'd suggest using that space for some more 1 or 2 drops, as you currently have no 2 drops.

Say cut 2 galvanic blast, 1-2 Jors, and both Frantic Salvages and use that space for some Perilous Myr, vault skirge and/or hover myr.
Sign In to post comments