Looking to buy Dark Sun Campaign Setting.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone know of any great places to buy Dark Sun materials? Or is anyone willing to sell? Thanks!!
Here are the best places to buy Dark Sun 4e at the normal price. Borders, before they completely close down. Barnes and Noble, booksamillion, or any other big chain book store will have probably have the book(They bought 5 copies and never ordered any more). After that try any small town gaming store. Online you will find Dark Sun Creature Catalogue for  around $14. I think DS: Campaign Setting was originally priced at $40, which is why I suggest getting it from a store than online, $60.

For the 2nd edition materials the story by me was selling it for $50, but I don't know how much these books will be other places.
Ant Farm
You can find some of the older books for a few dollars on eBay. Veiled Alliance is a must have. The revised setting goes for $80+, though.
If you're talking about 4e stuff I would recommend checking with your local game store before any big box-type stores. The guys at X Comics and Games and Y Game Emporium need your business a lot more than Barnes's's and Nobles's.

They can also order it for you. Call them first! Support your local game store! 

I think the problem people have is that they actually can't order it for you, since it's out of print. 

I think the problem people have is that they actually can't order it for you, since it's out of print. 

Oh, the 4e books are already out of print?

Yup.  They only did a single printing, and from what I've read they aren't planning to do another unless there's enough backorders to justify it (which may not happen for quite some time!)

Yup.  They only did a single printing, and from what I've read they aren't planning to do another unless there's enough backorders to justify it (which may not happen for quite some time!)

Oh! That is sad times... Well, in theory you could get the pdf and then take it to Kinko's and get it bound for like $30.
What is the full list of Dark Sun products for 4E? I got the Campaign Setting and the Creature Catalog. I think I have all the hardcovers for DS, but I'm not sure.
What is the full list of Dark Sun products for 4E? I got the Campaign Setting and the Creature Catalog. I think I have all the hardcovers for DS, but I'm not sure.

The only other products released to stores were the Desert of Athas tiles and  the adventure Marauders of the Dune Sea.  There are several Dungeon/Dragon DS articles available with a subscription.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Ugh, I'm in the same boat.  I can't really find any place online selling it for less than $60 and some jerks are asking as much as $80 (though I totally forgot about eBay).  For the moment I've used other means until I actually find it just so I can get started.  This weekend I should finally get a chance to go through my local comic and gaming shops to see if they have it.

I've paid for DDi since 4th edition released so I don't feel so bad using other means knowing I'm going to buy it when I find it and I'm without a doubt not paying for than cover price.