From the Vault: Legends

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was looking at picking this set up, but I couldn't find out if these cards are okay for Standard constructed or not.

Anyone know?

Thanks. 
the cards in the FTV set are only legal in standard if they are also printed in a standard-legal set.

At present, the sets which are legal in standard are:

• Zendikar (until September 30. 2011)

• Worldwake (until September 30. 2011)

• Rise of the Eldrazi (until September 30. 2011)

• Magic 2011 (until September 30. 2011)

• Scars of Mirrodin

• Mirrodin Besieged

• New Phyrexia

• Magic 2012 (effective July 15, 2011)

• Innistrad (effective September 30, 2011)

www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resources.aspx...

This means that the following cards in the FTV:Legends are standard legal, as of 5 September 2011:

---------------------
Omnath, Locus of Mana
Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
---------------------

Mikaeus, the Lunarch is NOT currently standard legal, but it will become standard legal from September 30 2011.

the other twelve cards are not standard legal, and will not be unless they are reprinted in a future set.

M:tG Rules Adviser
Thanks for the detailed reply!  I wasn't sure if they would be considered "standard" due to the re-release.
One other thing... I'm not 100% sure when Mikaeus becomes legal for standard in Magic Online.

What I have quoted above is 100% correct for paper product, but there is often some timing differences between MTGO and paper, due to when product is released online. But when Innistrad becomes standard-legal for MTGO, that is when Mikaeus will become legal (and on the same date, Omnath and Ulamog will cease being standard-legal)
M:tG Rules Adviser
It might be important to note that Mikaeus, the Lunarch will be legal in Legacy and Classic/Vintage, even before Innistrad is released.
It might be important to note that Mikaeus, the Lunarch will be legal in Legacy and Classic/Vintage, even before Innistrad is released.

It already is. I play classic and encounter him now and then.
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.