Caw Blade without Stoneforge Mystic or Jace?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Could it work, abusing Steelshaper's Gift and Puresteel Paladin?
My question here is a very simple 'why?' Caw was an archetype that ruled standard for a short period of time, got two very powerful cards banned (in that format and this one), and transformed into a powerful but no longer degenerate deck in the standard pantheon. There's nothing wrong with equipping 1/1 fliers with swords and beating down, but I have trouble figuring out why so many people are trying to recreate the caw blade glory days when the two best cards in the deck are banned. It just seems like there's so muchH you could be doing in modern, why port an archetype from a soon-to-be-dead standard when you could come up with more interesting ways of equipping better two dropswith a better sword
(content removed)
I just started from long time off and caw blade decks look like fun to play that needs def skill to play good so going with spomething like this. Threw in the new 2 drop blue creature from innistrad that lets u play an instant or sorcery from graveyard. Hope they unban some key control cards soon like mental misstep and ancestral visions.

Need to remove 1 card but cant decide

Creatures [12]
1 Baneslayer Angel or Sun Titan
4 Snapcatcher mage
4 Squadron Hawk
4 Vendilion Clique

2 Jace Beleren
Planeswalkers [2]

3 Cryptic Command
3 Mana Leak
4 Path to Exile
4 Preordain
2 Spell Snare
2 Sword of Feast and Famine
1 Sword of Fire and Ice
1 Day of Judgement
1 Dismember

Spells [21]

Land [25]
2 Arid Mesa
4 Celestial Colonnade
2 Glacial Fortress
3 Hallowed Fountain
2 Island
4 Mutavault
1 Plains
1 Scalding Tarn
4 Seachrome Coast
3 Tectonic Edge
I get why people like to play hawks, but it seems like a blighted agent would win faster and always trigger the swords effects, making more swords relevant.
(content removed)
blah blah metal lyrics