Lazylord advice please

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here is my warlord.  I would like to know what I can improve.

level 30
Eladrin, Warlord, Infernal Strategist, Horde Master
Build: Bravura Warlord
Warlord: Combat Leader
Commanding Presence: Resourceful Presence
Pliable Command: Bravura Presence
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Intelligence
Divine Spark: Divine Spark Charisma
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 12, Con 13, Dex 10, Int 30, Wis 12, Cha 26.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 11, Dex 8, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 14.

AC: 48 Fort: 40 Reflex: 50 Will: 48
HP: 187 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 46

TRAINED SKILLS
Bluff +28, Diplomacy +28, Intimidate +28, Athletics +21, History +32, Arcana +32

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +15, Dungeoneering +16, Endurance +16, Heal +16, Insight +16, Nature +16, Perception +16, Religion +25, Stealth +15, Streetwise +23, Thievery +15

FEATS
Level 1: Blade Initiate
Level 2: Weapon Expertise (Spear)
Level 4: Intelligent Blademaster
Level 6: Eladrin Swordmage Advance
Level 8: Lend Might
Level 10: Tactical Inspiration
Level 11: Combat Commander
Level 12: Fight On
Level 14: improved Defenses
Level 16: Reserve Maneuver
Level 18: Impaling Spear
Level 20: Fey Tactics
Level 21: Supreme Inspiration
Level 22: Martial Mastery
Level 24: Epic Fortitude
Level 26: Epic Will
Level 28: Epic Reflexes
Level 30: Call to Glory

POWERS
Reserve Maneuver: Vengeance is Mine
Warlord at-will 1: Commander's Strike
Warlord at-will 1: Direct the Strike
Warlord encounter 1: Powerful Warning
Warlord daily 1: Orchestrated Offensive
Warlord utility 2: Adaptive Stratagem
Warlord encounter 3: Provocative Order
Warlord daily 5: Scent of Victory
Warlord utility 6: Reorient the Axis
Warlord encounter 7: Friendly Fire
Warlord daily 9: Warlord's Recovery
Warlord utility 10: Instant Planning
Warlord encounter 13: Death from Two Sides (replaces Friendly Fire)
Warlord daily 15: Call to Action (replaces Scent of Victory)
Warlord utility 16: Help or Hinder
Warlord encounter 17: Pincer Maneuver (replaces Provocative Order)
Warlord daily 19: Band of Fellows (replaces Orchestrated Offensive)
Warlord utility 22: Rush of Battle
Warlord encounter 23: We Will Not Fail (replaces Powerful Warning)
Warlord daily 25: Warlord's Resurgence (replaces Warlord's Recovery)
Warlord encounter 27: Insightful Assault (replaces We Will Not Fail)

In particular would it be worth it to try to pick up the new chain shirt prof?  I believe it gives you light armor with chain enchantments.  Is that true and what is its armor bonus as you level (is it equal or higher than hide)?

Also any powers I should switch to?  I have an efective basic attack so if it involves basic attacks I cant use them along with the standard lazy fair.
Since your going lazy pick up tactician's plate. Its kinda cheesy gives you -2 to hit, reflex and skills since your not proficient but gives you more AC and +1 to int powers and class features.  I've built mine around commanders strike and pimped out as many healing powers as possible.  I'd say to tactical warlord and pick of battle captain.  By epic you're giving out 1.5x+1 your into mod to hit to 2 ppl when you use healing word, and + 4 to hit and +15 to damage with commanders strike if built correctly.  I have a lazy warlord in LFR and hes a healin/buffing machine.
Since your going lazy pick up tactician's plate. Its kinda cheesy gives you -2 to hit, reflex and skills since your not proficient but gives you more AC and +1 to int powers and class features.  I've built mine around commanders strike and pimped out as many healing powers as possible.  I'd say to tactical warlord and pick of battle captain.  By epic you're giving out 1.5x+1 your into mod to hit to 2 ppl when you use healing word, and + 4 to hit and +15 to damage with commanders strike if built correctly.  I have a lazy warlord in LFR and hes a healin/buffing machine.

Well I am not fully lazy.  Many of my powers allow me to make attacks along with my friends so killing my attack isn't a plus for me.  Further if I want tacticians armor (which I do) I could use a feat to take chain shirt proficiency (which I am still curious about).  I think plate will lower my AC as I have full int and hide armor.

Battle captain does have its advantages but I don't like it as much.  I like being resourceful and having two presences.  Now taking tactical instead of baruva might be an idea though I like choosing between obvious benefits and more effect on multiattacks from resourceful and getting an extra attack otherwise from baruva. 

Besides using a chieftan's spear and my lend might feat I already give a +2 bonus to attacks and my path gives nice bonus damage for flanking so I like that part of what I have.  I just wish there was a way to trade my daily power.  It is very nice but I will rarely ever hit with it.  I guess I could wait until I have a large attack boost to use it...

Thanks for the advice and I can see what you are saying about battle captain but I like being resourceful too much.
If you're considering items, Bracers of Mental Might effectively allow you to turn a Str-based encounter power into an Int-based one (Hail of Steel).  If your arms slot is open, it might be a good idea
That's not the chain shirt you're thinking of, it's ringmail. Different things.

Thank you.  I can't read that article so I did not know.  Can you tell if it is worth  feat and whether it improves my AC over my hide armor or just opens up tacticians armor?
If you're considering items, Bracers of Mental Might effectively allow you to turn a Str-based encounter power into an Int-based one (Hail of Steel).  If your arms slot is open, it might be a good idea

That is a good idea since that is the one encounter power that I wanted that I don't have.  Is that a once a day item or once an encounter item?  Also does it work with dailies?
One/encounter and it works with any Str-based power.
Thank you that is awesome!  Hail of Steel will then replace pincer maneuver I think.  I will be ready for any other advice as it comes.
So is the AC bonus to ringmail higher/lower/equal than hide armor?  Also how does it work with the "masterwork" bonuses for later?  Does it progress like light armor or heavy armor?
Thank you I will keep that in mind then.
It has come to my attention that it uses hide progression essentially.  So my question is does ring mail bring enough to the table for a feat?  For instance would tacticians armor be good enough (or any other chain based armor) or should I stick with what I have?
Another question what would be the best theme for me.  Noble psion is my default just because I lack access to D&Di so I don't have any other themes worth talking about but if you guys think of better let meknow.  Guardian I here is very good so that is a thought and I do have a fair mba (well its accurate anyway).
If you build a Eladrin Taclord Battle Captain all the way to 30, that +1 from tactician's armor will add to so many things that you wouldn't believe it; Commander's Strike, party initiative, Inspiring Word (three or more separate effects), etc.  I would certainly do it on my lazylord, though it may not be quite as useful for you.

Also, instead of Intelligent Blademaster you can use Ninth Legion Student to replace your OAs with Direct the Strike.
I prefer resourceful and I love getting two different pressenses on tap at any time.  I also like having intelligent blade master since it opens up my power repetoire (to include powers that I make a basic attack) and it does not provke OAs since I like being in the thick of things.
You know what really expands your power repertoire? Having a usable strength score.

Pft that is boring.  Wink  Playing normal warlords is so 2 years ago.

I already have a bunch of nice powers (most of which are powers that str based warlords would consider) so I am not too worried about that.  Without a decent mba I would have to worry a bit more since I would lose a bunch of my better powers.
Sign In to post comments