OTT Forum RP Game

165 posts / 0 new
Last post
Link to the sign-up thread.

In the city of Genericston, capital of the Divine Principality of Generica, there is unrest. Everything from gangs, overzealous guards, and feral dogs/cats/ceratopsians/fluffy gerbils roam the streets, while rumor has it that the heirless Grand Prince Leopold the Incontinent has been struck with the dreaded Incandescent Wasting Disease.

As a result, several factions have sprung up in the city to take advantage of the imminent power vacuum. The city guard and national army are one, under the command of General Ulric Drakeslayer, and several nobles head other factions. It is also rumored that the Cabal of the Seven is directing some of the events from their spire at the outskirts of the city.

Of course, neighboring nations are attempting to take advantage of the situation, and rumors abound of a large hobgoblin army marching from the east and conquering all in their path.

Basically, it's that time of (Arbitrary Time Measurement Unit): the return of the net-famous OTT RP game! (Insert half-hearted fanfare.) I am your host/GM, Ragnar Lodbrok! (Insert boos and thrown fruit.) Unlike normal, this is not associated with a forum game. Rather, this will be pure RP. The setting is intentionally left vague, so the participants may flesh it out.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
Lord Felix Montague Terence del Sanburgh waslked down the street looking aorund at the stores and others who were in the marketplace. He owndered which of the several factions would hire his one of a kind services and how much they might be welling to pay.

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls
Rrowow padded silently through the early morning fog that shrouded the harbor district, known to the locals as Fishton. He pondered the information his contact had given him. Lord High Admiral Tiberius had sailed this morning on an ostensible pirate-hunting mission. Rrowow wondered what the fat human admiral was really up to. He certainly wouldn't bestir his bulk to hunt pirates.

"Where do your loyalties really lie, Tiberius?" Rrowow muttered to himself. "Who's pocket are you resting in?" The admiral's ship had turned south out of the harbor, but that wasn't much to go on.

Shaking off his musings, he quickened his pace. He had to meet with the rats yet this morning, and it would be best to finish that business before the fog lifted.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.

Meanwhile...

Bob,Bob Silversword stands on the stage in the spacious common room of  the Cliché Bar & Grill juggling invisible objects, no one seems very impressed. He reaches into his cloak, pulling out a ornately carved wand and waves it around in the air a few times and shouts, "Alooshtabban!", nothing happens. "wait for it...", he says. Nothing happens. Bob, Bob snaps his fingers, "Ahha! I've got it! This one gets em every time! He pulls of his wide brimmed, greatly feathered, hat and sticks his hand inside and begins feeling around. "Ow!", he suddenly says while jerking his finger to his mouth and dropping the hat. From the hat, 3 white, cute and fuzzy bunnies hop out and head toward the exit. With his other hand Bob,Bob points to the bunnies and makes a motion as if to say, "Ta-Da!" He then picks his hat back up and places it on his head, he looks up for a minite with an odd expression on his face, he takes off the hat, looks inside. As he does this a fuzzy bunny can be seen sitting on top of his head. Looking satisfied at the hat, Bob,Bob Silversword puts the hat back on his head.

About this time, the bartender throws a bottle at Bob,Bob, and yells, "Hey! I told you to get down from there!"

I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Lord Felix Montague Terence del Sanburgh walked into the common room of  the Cliché Bar & Grill jsut in time to hear the barkeep shout at someone to get down form somehwere. HE shook his head as he sat down at the barcounter and ordered a glass of wine. He then started to think of how he can turn this whole mess ot his advantagous,maybe take out every who he could and then claim the top spot for himself?

Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
The Ghost of Steve Irwin wanders the streets alone, talking to himself.

"Today we're in the outback of Genericston, and although this environment may seem lifeless, it holds a whole plethora of interesting and dangerous wildlife.  Keep your eyes sharp for their are feral cats, dogs and dangerous fluffy gerbils.  I have also heard rumour of something called a ceratopsian.  To be honest with ya mates, I don't even know what that is, but I will not hesitate to grab one should the opportunity present itself."

As he approaches the Cliche Bar and Grill, two fluffy bunnies emerge from the entrance.

"Oh Crikey!  Today is our lucky day, I did not expect to encounter any of these.  Now we have to be so very quite and still.  These animals are skittish and potentially lethal if provoked."

Steve Irwin's Ghost crouches and prepares to leap.

Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie
In the Cliché Bar & Grill, several guards and a few nobles' henchmen are eating, drinking, and mocking the man on stage.

-----

The rabbits both leaped at the ghost's throat, but missed because he was incorporeal.

(Ceratopsia is the name of the group of dinosaurs that included Triceratops.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory

The rabbits both leaped at the ghost's throat, but missed because he was incorporeal.

"Whoa, that was close one!  They would have done me in for sure."

I look of realisation crosses the ghost's face, and he slumps to the ground.  "What am I good for if I can't grab things," he thinks to himself.  He manifests a case of Fosters and begins to sniffel as his hand passes through one of the cans.

"Don't...don't worry mates, ol' Steve Irwin never gives up.  Mind over matter ay?"

He begins to concentrate ever so hard on picking up a solitary ant crawling on the ground.      

Chelsea FC - winner of 2012 FA Cup and Champions League Champions of Europe! Three Lions Resident Footie
Sir Squeeketh jumps out of the shadows into the Cliche Bar and Grill. He soon realizes he is the only sane one in the place.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
The part of the guards' conversation overheard goes:

"... And that is why you never, never, wear underpants while eating stew when guarding prisoners." "Or at least not while on duty at the wing holding the Breeches Killer." "Huh. Never would have guessed." "Of course, it's completely different on patrol. On patrol, you should always bring a clothespin, cooked pasta, a clay pot, and some spare socks. Got me out of at least ten different scrapes last month alone." "And don't forget your towel, either. Last time a rookie like you forgot his towel, we were cleaning him off the street he was on for a week straight."
((They're low-ranking city guardsmen. What are the odds that they have important information and are talking about it in public?))
((They're low-ranking city guardsmen. What are the odds that they have important information and are talking about it in public?))

100%.
Squeeketh uses his know secrets special ability to decifer what secret message the guards are communicating. 
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Lord Felix Montague Terence del Sanburgh slowly dissappeares into his own shadow and then pops out in the shadow of one of the noble houses who has a stake in who coms out on top. He grins thinking to himself "Still got it"
He looks around taking the scene and looking for any guards or other defesnsive means.

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
Rrowow slips silently through the cellar window of the Cliché Bar & Grill. He pauses to scent the air, checking to be certain no one else is down here at this hour. Finding the area clear, he makes his way behind the stacks of ale kegs, and enters the rodents' lair. The strong musty rat-scent makes him sneeze once, as it always does.

As expected, his contact is waiting around the first bend. "Warehouse 13. Midnight." Rrowow growls, "The dog will meet you with further instructions." Message delivered, he turns for the exit.

Running a menial errand like this was not something he would normally volunteer for, but the Cliché Bar & Grill was one of the few human-run establishments in the city where a Kitteh would be served the same as one of the other races. It was also one of the few places that served fresh milk, and that was something worth even acting as a messenger for.

His thirst leading him on, Rrowow quickens his step toward the common room.
Boraxe wrote: "Knowledge of the rules and creativity are great attributes for a DM, but knowing when to cut loose and when to hold back, when to follow the rules and when to discard them, in order to enhance the enjoyment of the game is the most important DM skill of all." Keeper of the Sacred Kitty Bowl of the House of Trolls. Resident Kitteh-napper.
The door to the Cliché Bar & Grill opens and the semi-legendary General of the Northern Front, Wilbur Boarblade IX of the Holyhoof clan, enters, his silver full-plate clanking together and his signature weapon, the Divine Sword Excaliboar, at his side. He makes his way to the bar, fresh back from skirmishes against the barbarians terrorizing the outskirts of the kingdom and with a thirsty mouth.

"What'll it be?" the bartender asks the pyropig whilst cleaning an empty mug.

Wilbur sets down a few gold coins, looks into the bartender's eyes, and tells him, "Hot Cocoa. Extra marshmellows."
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

((*shrug*))

The squirrel soon recognizes that they are speaking about several recent incidents which would be considered absurd anywhere else, but standard occurances here.

The code, once broken, says "... And that is why you never, never, wear underpants while eating stew when guarding prisoners." "Or at least not while on duty at the wing holding the Breeches Killer." "Huh. Never would have guessed." "Of course, it's completely different on patrol. On patrol, you should always bring a clothespin, cooked pasta, a clay pot, and some spare socks. Got me out of at least ten different scrapes last month alone." "And don't forget your towel, either. Last time a rookie like you forgot his towel, we were cleaning him off the street he was on for a week straight."

((For why "I attempt to figure out a code/find dirt/kill X" doesn't net much [if anything], look at previous things like this. It doesn't quite work like that usually.)) 

Eventually, the guards' conversation goes to typical chatter about work. The general expressed opinion is that wages and hours are fair, and the bunks in the barracks are too hard. Several guesses are voiced about what will happen next. A coup is mentioned as a possibility, as is remaining aloof from the faction fighting or supporting one of the claimants. They also begin getting slightly drunk.

((Happy?))

-------

The bartender counts the coins, and replies "Yessir. Anything else I can get you, your baconness?"
Lord Felix Montague Terence del Sanburgh sinks into a shaodw along the wall and soon reappeares inside of the nodbe;'s house, He quitely and quickly makes his way to Aubrey Montague Raphael,who is one of the nobles who has a stake in this whole mess.

He waits outside the nobel's door and pulling out his small knife. He then sweeps into the taking out any guards before killing the noble man and lvoing a mark that would lead to  General Ulric Drakeslayer. He chuckles to himself, as he melts back into the shadows and reappears back outside the Cliché Bar & Grill. 

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:

The bartender counts the coins, and replies "Yessir. Anything else I can get you, your baconness?"

The pig looks rather annoyed at the horrible racial slur the bartender threw at him. He composes himself and says, "No, thank you."
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

Bob,Bob Silverword deftly catches the beer bottle thrown at him, finishes its contents, and tosses it behind him and bows,  he heads for the bar, bumping into several patrons along the away, muttering "excuse me, pardon me, coming through" along the way. (pick pocket roll a success!) He makes it to the bar, produces a hand ful of silver coins and says, "Drinks! Drinks for me and my friends!!" He then motions at the other patrons seated at the bar.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Drinks go about, and the other (NPC) patrons become more friendly towards Bob.

He walks in and smiles upon hearing that for once he won't have to pay for a drink. He sips it slowly smiling to himself and wondering how long it will take for the nobel's guards to find the bodies and place the blame on the General. He then wonder what other actions he can take to further along his own plans.

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
Lord Felix Montague Terence del Sanburgh sinks into a shaodw along the wall and soon reappeares inside of the nodbe;'s house, He quitely and quickly makes his way to Aubrey Montague Raphael,who is one of the nobles who has a stake in this whole mess.

He waits outside the nobel's door and pulling out his small knife. He then sweeps into the taking out any guards before killing the noble man and lvoing a mark that would lead to  General Ulric Drakeslayer. He chuckles to himself, as he melts back into the shadows and reappears back outside the Cliché Bar & Grill. 

Why, oh why would you kill such a great scientist/peacemaker/leader person?

Xanatos Gambit and or Xanatos Speed Chess

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:

Why, oh why would you kill such a great scientist/peacemaker/leader person?

Xanatos Gambit and or Xanatos Speed Chess

It was a joke. Noble is the ruling class dude, Nobel is the award/peace prize/Nitroglycerine guy.

either way...>_>

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
Bob, Bob Silversword pours his drink out when he thinks no one is looking, and orders everyone, himslef included, another round. He then sits back and listens for rumors or other tidbits.
He then trys some small talk.
"So, uhm, whats going on?"
Having only moderate success psychically grabbing an ant, Steve Irwin's ghost decides to enter the establishment from whence the fluffy bunnies came.  Now unsure if others can even see him or hear him, he floats inside the Cliche Bar and Grill talking to himself.

"Now when exploring unfamiliar territories, it is always wise to get some insight from the indigenous peoples."

He floats over to the bar where several patrons are talking.

"G'Day mates!  Pardon the interruption, but any of you lot seen any fluffy bunnies about?"  

Having only moderate success psychically grabbing an ant, Steve Irwin's ghost decides to enter the establishment from whence the fluffy bunnies came.  Now unsure if others can even see him or hear him, he floats inside the Cliche Bar and Grill talking to himself.

"Now when exploring unfamiliar territories, it is always wise to get some insight from the indigenous peoples."

He floats over to the bar where several patrons are talking.

"G'Day mates!  Pardon the interruption, but any of you lot seen any fluffy bunnies about?"  

Lord Felix Montague Terence del Sanburgh sighs upong hearing the ghost and nods in repsonse. "A while ago,but they went out the door I think. But beyond that I haven't seen any since the great fluffy bunny eradacation act was put into place." 

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
Wilbur takes a sip of his hot cocoa and turns toward the spectre, "I think I saw a few run outside before I came in."
MTG Card

Pleased that others appear to be able to see and hear him yet dissapointed in the apparent lack of fluffy bunnies, Steve Irwin's ghost responds to the porcine warrior and shadowy gentleman.

"Ya see mates I have only recently become a ghost, and I was looking to practice my psychic grabbing techniques on some small animals.  We're probably better off, ya know fluffy bunnies are skittish and potentially lethal if provoked." 
He nods listening to the ghost "The fluffy bunny eradacation act was created due to the bunnies bitting off people's heads,along with spreading the Incandescent Wasting Disease. So how exactly did you die?"

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
From a few seats down, Rrowow snorts. "The bunnies were innocent of that charge. They were scapegoats chosen to give a panicked population a target for it's rage. They were sacrificed by the nobles for no purpose other than to ensure the people they ruled didn't turn on them." He fixes Steve Irwin's ghost with a glare. "Find another target for your games, ghost. The bunnies have suffered enough."

Rrowow turns back to his milk, muttering to himself in his native tongue.
"Well you see there was this stingray...."

From a few seats down, Rrowow snorts. "The bunnies were innocent of that charge. They were scapegoats chosen to give a panicked population a target for it's rage. They were sacrificed by the nobles for no purpose other than to ensure the people they ruled didn't turn on them." He fixes Steve Irwin's ghost with a glare. "Find another target for your games, ghost. The bunnies have suffered enough."

Steve Irwin's ghost thinks ever so briefly about trying to grab the cat but quickly decides that might be a bad idea considering the cat's tone and demeanor.

"Crikey, that cat can talk!  Er...apologies mister cat, I meant no offense.  I don't mean the bunnies no harm, I just wanted to grab one for a minute...for educational purposes.  I was a zookeeper ya know.  So what's this Incandescent Wasting Disease all about then?"
"Well you see there was this stingray...."

Steve Irwin's ghost thinks ever so briefly about trying to grab the cat but quickly decides that might be a bad idea considering the cat's tone and demeanor.

"Crikey, that cat can talk!  Er...apologies mister cat, I meant no offense.  I don't mean the bunnies no harm, I just wanted to grab one for a minute...for educational purposes.  I was a zookeeper ya know.  So what's this Incandescent Wasting Disease all about then?"

Wilbur overhears the conversation. Putting down his semi-Hot Cocoa he turns toward the ghost, "Ive seen the Disease kill many a soldier from the Northern Front. With no treatment it leaves you to die a painful and rather slow death."
MTG Card

"Innocent of which charge? Spreading the sickness or biting off people's heads?" He then pulls out a pocket watch and looks it quickly before standing up.

"Never mind that,it looks like it's time for me to go." HE then quickly leaves out the door leaving behind a tip for the barkeep.

He walks over to a carrige and tell it's drive that he wish to go to the city guard's offices. The driver nods as he climbs in and the carrige pulls away.

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
When (Absurdly Long Name) reaches and enters the simple, military looking building, he is greeted by a tired and bored looking guard acting as a secretary at a front desk.

"Innocent of which charge? Spreading the sickness or biting off people's heads?" He then pulls out a pocket watch and looks it quickly before standing up.

"Never mind that,it looks like it's time for me to go." HE then quickly leaves out the door leaving behind a tip for the barkeep.

He walks over to a carrige and tell it's drive that he wish to go to the city guard's offices. The driver nods as he climbs in and the carrige pulls away.

Rrowow sniffs at such rudeness, and addresses the ghost. "I meant the spreading of the sickness, of course. The bunnies are immune to it, as are my own people. That's part of the reason people were so ready to blame them. My people came under suspicion as well, but, in the end, it was easier for them to blame the bunnies, despite their fearsome bite, or perhaps because of it. People were already used to fearing the bunnies."

Rrowow sniffs at such rudeness, and addresses the ghost. "I meant the spreading of the sickness, of course. The bunnies are immune to it, as are my own people. That's part of the reason people were so ready to blame them. My people came under suspicion as well, but, in the end, it was easier for them to blame the bunnies, despite their fearsome bite, or perhaps because of it. People were already used to fearing the bunnies."

"I've spent a good part of my life in an effort to get people to understand and appreciate animals, in particular the dangerous ones.  That and satisfying my adrenalin addiction.  I would not mind finding out what yabbo seeks to blame this sickness upon the poor, skittish, yet potentially lethal fluffy bunnies.  Oh.. and sorry again about the grabbing bunnies comment mate, if it is of any consolation, I am not very good at it anymore."      
When (Absurdly Long Name) reaches and enters the simple, military looking building, he is greeted by a tired and bored looking guard acting as a secretary at a front desk.

(lol,you can just cut it down to Felix and besides i'm a Noble,so it's supposed to be long :P)

"I'm wondering if you could tell me if Ulric Drakeslayer is in,if not his location."

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
Steve Irwin's Ghost shows a look of revulsion upon his face.

"What a nasty way to go...all woggy in the bundies."

(lol,you can just cut it down to Felix and besides i'm a Noble,so it's supposed to be long :P)

"I'm wondering if you could tell me if Ulric Drakeslayer is in,if not his location."

"Sorry, m'lord, High General Drakeslayer's been visiting the garrisons in the southwest of the Principality for the past month. He should be back by the end of the week, if you'd like to set up a meeting."

"Sorry, m'lord, High General Drakeslayer's been visiting the garrisons in the southwest of the Principality for the past month. He should be back by the end of the week, if you'd like to set up a meeting."

Felix smiles as he says "No that won't be needed." He then turns and leaves having gotten the info he needs to plan his next move,wondering if the news of the murder of Lord Aubrey Montague Raphael had spread to the Cliche Bar and Grill. He turns down an alley and makes sure no notices him as he slips into the shadows there and then reappears inside a darken corner of the  Cliche Bar and Grill. He walks back up to the barcounter over hearing the basics of the Incandescent Wasting Disease.

"Barkeep a shot of whiskey please."

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
Several nobleman's henchmen are glaring at the guardsmen by the time of Felix's return. They soon get up and start walking towards the slightly inebriated soldiers.