Innistrad Impact on Modern

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Figured that with the spoilers trickling in, it's relevant to discuss such things.

Right off the bat, the new Liliana seems like an extremely busted addition to G/B deathcloud or smallpox/loam builds. I think it's exciting that this version of liliana is going to be much more effective in modern and legacy than standard.

Photobucket

Figured that with the spoilers trickling in, it's relevant to discuss such things.

Right off the bat, the new Liliana seems like an extremely busted addition to G/B deathcloud or smallpox/loam builds. I think it's exciting that this version of liliana is going to be much more effective in modern and legacy than standard.

this.

though i figured that MBC in standard has half a chance if it decided to go the griefer route.

Going  T3 Liliana Into T4 lashwrithe or obliterator to T5 Smallpox +randon creature would be WAY back breaking to everyone and everything if possible.

w00t hit my 1000th post on 4/25/2010
Show
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

56859838 wrote:
Well obviously goblins breed at a rate of millions of times per year, thus in a few years they had evolved into a new species... you know or....
Show
63344365 wrote:
Your asking for proof that the ocean is wet, while your standing on the beach.
56733088 wrote:
Are these rankings all anonymus? Can I go rank everybody I think is mafia with 1 star?
•Collecting a complete foil set of Zendikar block both on Magic Online and in paper Magic does not entitle you to one (1) free Richard Garfield. Because that would be slavery, and slavery is bad.
slayer of fluffy, and single handedly annoyed half of the flavor/storyline group in one fell swoop[/sblock]
As far as standard goes, I doubt they decided to put every constructed-playable flashback and graveyard recursion card into the first set, so liliana likely isn't even playable until the entire set is released.

But for modern, there are a TON of options in black, green, and red that allow you to get extremely one-sided effects out of her +1 ability.

Photobucket
As far as standard goes, I doubt they decided to put every constructed-playable flashback and graveyard recursion card into the first set, so liliana likely isn't even playable until the entire set is released.

But for modern, there are a TON of options in black, green, and red that allow you to get extremely one-sided effects out of her +1 ability.

this is true, i was thinking because of the fact we do already have a couple cards we could dump into the +1 ability, but ok.

yeah liliana does belong well in modern an legacy i'd even argue.

that fact that it doesn't take terribly long to simply curse of the cabal people WITH your choice of halfs for the opponent to pick which to keep is honestly amazing to me.
w00t hit my 1000th post on 4/25/2010
Show
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

56859838 wrote:
Well obviously goblins breed at a rate of millions of times per year, thus in a few years they had evolved into a new species... you know or....
Show
63344365 wrote:
Your asking for proof that the ocean is wet, while your standing on the beach.
56733088 wrote:
Are these rankings all anonymus? Can I go rank everybody I think is mafia with 1 star?
•Collecting a complete foil set of Zendikar block both on Magic Online and in paper Magic does not entitle you to one (1) free Richard Garfield. Because that would be slavery, and slavery is bad.
slayer of fluffy, and single handedly annoyed half of the flavor/storyline group in one fell swoop[/sblock]
She'll be good in modern.

As a turn 1 dark ritual play in Legacy she'll be potent.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes