D&D Podcasts

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Not too recently I watched a huge series of videos on youtube of Chris Perkins DMing a session with staff of Robot Chicken. Since then I've wanted to get into watching more D&D related stuff like that, so I attempt to turn to podcasts.

Does anyone know of any really good podcasts (from the iTunes store) that are free and are of people playing a campaign? Even better, any D&D VIDEO podcasts?
if you havent heard them already chris perkins also did a set of audio podcasts with the people from penny arcade/pvp and wil wheaton.

they're free and in the itunes store.

Did someone say "Critical Hit D&D Podcast?"

I'll just leave this 200+ hours of audio gold right here.  Enjoy!

Here ya go.  Enjoy!

Penny Arcade Podcasts  audio

Penny Arcade PAX 2010 video

Penny Arcade PAX 2011 video

and as lampshadicus mentioned.... Critical Hit audio
Ha. I actually subscribed to the Critical Hit one, as I did the WOTC podcast that has some Penny Arcade stuff.

I watched the PAX 2010 video last night, which is what made me post about the idea of podcasts :p. Starting the 2011 video now! I also wouldnt mind any suggestions for videos similar to the PAX ones, maybe preferably with Chris Perkins but any videos that are similar and entertaining will suffice.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far :D 
Thursday Knights does a live video cast of their sessions every week, and they run a great game. Currently in early epic tier (L22).

Thursday nights @ 7PST, www.twitch.tv/thursdayknights
Their twitch.tv channel has video archives going back a fair bit, and Greg (the DM) has said that they'll have the full video archives available through YouTube soon.
Check out thursdayknights.com for archived audio casts, character sheets, and other info.
Anyone know if they are going to put the 2011 game up in the podcasts like they did last year? I listen to them at work to stop the madness.
am i the only one that thinks they just tried too hard on the 2011 pax game?
it was so... contrived... 2010 one was much much better
I thought Jim Darkmagic was superb this year. The previous year felt more of an everyone is playing and having fun sort of thing, whereas this year I seemed to forget the guy playing as Omin was even playing since it didnt seem like he had that much of a role, gamewise or even just speaking.

As for the Thursday Knight thing, I tried watching a few but I just couldnt get into them. Seemed to take way too long for the game to actually get going and I couldnt get into the storytelling or anything. The most recent videos are also screwed up. Impossible to really watch for myself since every second it seems to be getting static or something. 

I agree, I think they just tried 2 hard at the 2011 pax. I think the previous podcasts and the 2010 pax events were much better.

Agree. Although Jim Darkmagic and Al... er... Aeofel managed to carry it. Without Will Wheaton, though, I think the first half would have been deadly boring.

"A thousand square stare in his eyes. Aeofel feels nostalgia as a standard action."
More DM Commentary videos by Chris Perkins please!  Those he did with the Robot Chicken guys were my favorite - it was like twice the insights and tips.

LEONINE ROAR : Amp Up Your D&D Game : Visit my D&D blog :: FASTER COMBAT : Crush Your Combat Grind

I saw the game live and it was kind of a mess. It seems like the crew were pretty unfamilliar with their characaters and seemed very unprepaired for an event that for many is the highlight of the weekend.

The costumes, fanfare and elaborate game set seemed to take away from the experience instead of adding to it. I know that the show is half the fun, but it seems like the show is taking over. I also seems like the participant's interest is just not there like it was.
I absolutely agree with you guys on the PAX 11 not being as good as the PAX 10.  You all bring up excellent points, HOWEVER, it was still pretty hilarious and my wife actually enjoyed sitting down to watch it.  It was a lot like the "Community" D&D episode to me--as a representation of good D&D it was not good, but as an entertaining ambassador of the game to those unfamiliar with the game it was excellent.
I saw the game live and it was kind of a mess. It seems like the crew were pretty unfamilliar with their characaters and seemed very unprepaired for an event that for many is the highlight of the weekend.

The costumes, fanfare and elaborate game set seemed to take away from the experience instead of adding to it. I know that the show is half the fun, but it seems like the show is taking over. I also seems like the participant's interest is just not there like it was.

To be fair, it is semi understandable that they were unfamiliar.  Their characters went from 5th level last time they played, a year ago, to 10th level this time around.  It was an awfully big jump, I think.  Other than that, I didn't have a problem with the presentation overall
"Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor? NOW you're scared!" - Rose Tyler

To be fair, it is semi understandable that they were unfamiliar.  Their characters went from 5th level last time they played, a year ago, to 10th level this time around.  It was an awfully big jump, I think.  Other than that, I didn't have a problem with the presentation overall

Agreed.  It appeared that they were seeing them for the first time as well.
Sign In to post comments