Hirst Arts

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I suppose this is as good of a category as any for this topic...

I just ordered my first set of molds (5 in total) from Hirst Arts.  Anybody have creations of their own that they would like to share pics of or discuss the finer points of casting and terrain creation using the molds?  Anyone making their own molds?

I am planning on using a combination of Hirst Arts for interiors and decorations as well as foam terrain for outdoor scenery.

As soon as I get rolling on this, I'll be sharing updates here if people are interested.

Celebrate our differences.

I've never had a chance to take up that hobby, but it looks like a lot of fun!  I know I've seen some spectacular examples of stuff made using molds like those online.  I wish I had a lot more time and money to spend on that.

I am interested in seeing the updates - one of the coolest things about D&D is that it really attracts and inspires some very creative people!
[spoiler New DM Tips]
  • Trying to solve out-of-game problems (like cheating, bad attitudes, or poor sportsmanship) with in-game solutions will almost always result in failure, and will probably make matters worse.
  • Gun Safety Rule #5: Never point the gun at anything you don't intend to destroy. (Never introduce a character, PC, NPC, Villain, or fate of the world into even the possibility of a deadly combat or other dangerous situation, unless you are prepared to destroy it instantly and completely forever.)
  • Know your group's character sheets, and check them over carefully. You don't want surprises, but, more importantly, they are a gold mine of ideas!
  • "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It's a problem if the players aren't having fun and it interferes with a DM's ability to run the game effectively; if it's not a problem, 'fixing' at best does little to help, and at worst causes problems that didn't exist before.
  • "Hulk Smash" characters are a bad match for open-ended exploration in crowds of civilians; get them out of civilization where they can break things and kill monsters in peace.
  • Success is not necessarily the same thing as killing an opponent. Failure is not necessarily the same thing as dying.
  • Failure is always an option. And it's a fine option, too, as long as failure is interesting, entertaining, and fun!
[/spoiler] The New DM's Group Horror in RPGs "This is exactly what the Leprechauns want you to believe!" - Merb101 "Broken or not, unbalanced or not, if something seems to be preventing the game from being enjoyable, something has to give: either that thing, or other aspects of the game, or your idea of what's enjoyable." - Centauri
Tell me about it.  Some of these people have some insane talent.  Caveman has an amazing modular dungeon set.  The thread is 26 pages long, but well worth the read and pic viewing.

Celebrate our differences.