control enchanted creature/summoning sickness

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
i play mind control on mortis dogs.  mortis dogs has been in play for a few rounds. i enchanted it to control it and attack player during my round. my rival says it has summoning suckness. i say it does not since he has been summoned for a few rounds prior to me taking control of it.  who is right?
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.
i play mind control on mortis dogs.  mortis dogs has been in play for a few rounds. i enchanted it to control it and attack player during my round. my rival says it has summoning suckness. i say it does not since he has been summoned for a few rounds prior to me taking control of it.  who is right?

sickness**  not suckness.  but if im wrong that would be some suckness
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Unless it has haste you won't be able to attack with it the turn you enchant it. Summoning sickness cares about how long you have controlled the creature, not how long it has been on the battlefield. Since you haven't controlled it continously since the start of your most recent turn, it is "sick" and won't be able to attack/use abilities with the tap/untap symbols.
Level 1 Judge. Feel free to call me out on any errors. I'm only human, and am working to improve.

302.6. A creature’s activated ability with the tap symbol or the untap symbol in its activation cost can’t be activated unless the creature has been under its controller’s control continuously since his or her most recent turn began. A creature can’t attack unless it has been under its controller’s control continuously since his or her most recent turn began. This rule is informally called the “summoning sickness” rule.

You gained control of it during the Main Phase of your turn, 
therefore you DID NOT control it continuously SINCE YOUR TURN BEGAN,
therefore it has summoning sickness.